Teresa N., Haleigh's paternal grandmother

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need a link. It has been gone over a thousand times in as many threads here.

Crystal got the call from Teresa at 3:49 am. Crystal said she waited approximately an hour after Teresa called to call her mother. Her father claimed on camera he got a call from her at 5:00 am asking him to check to see if it was "a prank" (Crystal's words).

I don't recall hearing Crystal EVER calling back to "inquire" about Haleigh from Ronald or TN about the ongoing search for her child from anyone.

Given the animosity between Ronald/Teresa and Crystal/Marie who could blame Crystal for wondering if this weren't yet another "prank" by Ronald and Teresa?

ALSO, if Teresa called her within a very few minutes of learning that Haleigh was missing, wouldn't most rational people wait to see if Haleigh had just wandered off or was asleep in a closet or something?

ALSO, do we know if Crystal called PCSO to ask if this was a legitimate situation that had been reported to LE?

Personally, I would have double-checked with LE and I would have waited to make sure Haleigh wasn't found nearby. I would have been suspicious of Teresa so quickly conveying info that could justify a transfer of custody. At 3:49 a.m., how would Teresa know that Haleigh had been abducted? Why wouldn't she have LE call Crystal, especially if Teresa suspected Crystal of abducting Haleigh?

I'm not trying to be argumentative; I really want to know. Frequently, you guys have corrected my thinking just through explaining the way you are thinking - DotsEyes in particular.

Obviously, this is just my own personal opinion. I have no link nor any official statement to quote. I will not refer to local gossip [though I believe it would influence your opinions, too.]

For the record - I like Teresa fine. I liked her when she worked at Messer's; liked her when she worked at Corky Bell's. I have never had to deal with her in family matters, and if I had, I'm not certain how much I would like her.

Tn called Crystal very quickly which IMO was the right thing to do. LE was busy questioning RC and Misty and looking in the mobile home for Haleigh, if she waited for LE to notify Crystal it could of been precious time lost. Haleigh was not in the mobile home, no one knew where she was, LE was there, to notify the mother immediately is the right thing to do. I think TN asking Crystal if she had Haleigh says alot.

Crystal knew it was not a prank immediately she heard LE in the background, yet she waited over an hour before she notified Marie that Haleigh was missing. In all the interviews from Marie and Crystal when they describe that morning, neither of them speak of calling PSCO office to verify Haleigh was missing, or to check what was going on. Though their stories are different they both state they contacted Johnny to go check things out somewhere between 5 and 6 am depending on which version you go with.

Crystal and Ron have other children and those children need some normalcy. Sometimes you have to put your big girl panties on and remember you have another child and sometimes you have to do normal things with that child whether you feel like it or not. I hope the other side is drinking responsibly too, if they choose to drink. It is a holiday and if someone wants to have a few beers and enjoy the day, there is nothing wrong with that..even if they have children.

You are right about that Cajun...as long as people drink responsibly it can be safe for a child to be around. It's when you leave the scene of accidents, assault people and possess and distribute drugs.....that's not safe for children to be around. One never knows how responsible a person is until you look at behavior. Past behavior is an indicator of future behavior....

Given the animosity between Ronald/Teresa and Crystal/Marie who could blame Crystal for wondering if this weren't yet another "prank" by Ronald and Teresa?

ALSO, if Teresa called her within a very few minutes of learning that Haleigh was missing, wouldn't most rational people wait to see if Haleigh had just wandered off or was asleep in a closet or something?

ALSO, do we know if Crystal called PCSO to ask if this was a legitimate situation that had been reported to LE?

Personally, I would have double-checked with LE and I would have waited to make sure Haleigh wasn't found nearby. I would have been suspicious of Teresa so quickly conveying info that could justify a transfer of custody. At 3:49 a.m., how would Teresa know that Haleigh had been abducted? Why wouldn't she have LE call Crystal, especially if Teresa suspected Crystal of abducting Haleigh?

I'm not trying to be argumentative; I really want to know. Frequently, you guys have corrected my thinking just through explaining the way you are thinking - DotsEyes in particular.

Obviously, this is just my own personal opinion. I have no link nor any official statement to quote. I will not refer to local gossip [though I believe it would influence your opinions, too.]

For the record - I like Teresa fine. I liked her when she worked at Messer's; liked her when she worked at Corky Bell's. I have never had to deal with her in family matters, and if I had, I'm not certain how much I would like her.

You already off of vacation? Wow, the week went fast,LOL

You are right about that Cajun...as long as people drink responsibly it can be safe for a child to be around. It's when you leave the scene of accidents, assault people and possess and distribute drugs.....that's not safe for children to be around. One never knows how responsible a person is until you look at behavior. Past behavior is an indicator of future behavior....

That includes Chad and Crystal, right?

That includes Chad and Crystal, right?

Certainly it does. I have long opined that DCF should do hair strand testing on all parties involved with the children...including Granparents and Great Grandparent. Hair strand testing can give a much better picture of drug use, length of abuse and when and what is abused. That will not be possible for JR...he has no hair left.

I have yet to see a rap sheet on Crystal that shows she has been arrested for leaving the scene of an accident, assault, drug possession or distribution. If you have a link to it, I would gladly take a gander. Chad's history like RC's speaks for itself and DCF should test accordingly.

What could I have meant? Telepathically? :waitasec: She was 80 miles away according to her statements. She also made the other statements via camera and in articles. So it is not my opinion, but the facts as stated by Crystal and her father. Now...we do not know if they are true or not since we do not have access to her phone records.

I still want to know why she never called back to inquire about the status of the search within the time frame of 3:49 am to 5:00 am when she requested her father go to the scene to see if it was a "prank". I would have been calling Ronald or Teresa every five minutes until I arrived at the mh or I would not have even gotten off the phone with one of them.

I have always wondered if by chance Ron ever did play a sick prank on Crystal about the children. Why else would she think it was a prank? It has bothered me since day one and I am really curious if so...why, when, where, and does LE know about it?

What could I have meant? Telepathically? :waitasec: She was 80 miles away according to her statements. She also made the other statements via camera and in articles. So it is not my opinion, but the facts as stated by Crystal and her father. Now...we do not know if they are true or not since we do not have access to her phone records.

I still want to know why she never called back to inquire about the status of the search within the time frame of 3:49 am to 5:00 am when she requested her father go to the scene to see if it was a "prank". I would have been calling Ronald or Teresa every five minutes until I arrived at the mh or I would not have even gotten off the phone with one of them.

BBM
If Crystal's experience with TN and RC taught her that they are the kind to play sick pranks regarding the children...she would not trust them to give a straight answer. So, she would not have called the two of them to get info anyway.

Oh and I got the notsosubtle dig SS. You stated she never asked, that could be verbally to another in her presence, telephonically, by email or otherwise. Telepathically was not an option that I considered. You must have however, since you know so many things that you could not possibly be privy to unless you were there.

I have always wondered if by chance Ron ever did play a sick prank on Crystal about the children. Why else would she think it was a prank? It has bothered me since day one and I am really curious if so...why, when, where, and does LE know about it?

You mean, besides saying "hey I'd like to take the kids on vacation to TX, would you mind?" and not returning them, filing for custody, calling the police when she attempted to come get her children and her belongings? Besides those incidents? Probably.

Wow...I must have missed something in the last week or so as I've not been reading much here. Where are the records of who CS called, how often she called them, etc. ?

Even if I thought it was a prank I would have called PCSO to find out different. Plus, she said in an interview she could hear LE in the background so she knew it wasn't a prank.
Can't be both ways

Wow...I must have missed something in the last week or so as I've not been reading much here. Where are the records of who CS called, how often she called them, etc. ?

Marie said in an early interview that Crystal didn't call her till 5.

Marie said in an early interview that Crystal didn't call her till 5.

What does that make Crystal guilty of? Maybe she needed time to think it through, whatever. Remember, everyone reacts differently.

What does that make Crystal guilty of? Maybe she needed time to think it through, whatever. Remember, everyone reacts differently.
It was her lack of any reaction which is suspect. Any mother getting a call in the middle of the night telling her that her daughter is missing should have a fairly consistent reaction to that news as any other parent. Fear, anxiety, and the need to be there immediately would be common reactions.

However, this thread is for Teresa and not Crystal.

Even if I thought it was a prank I would have called PCSO to find out different. Plus, she said in an interview she could hear LE in the background so she knew it wasn't a prank.
Can't be both ways
No one would "prank" a person in the middle of the night by saying their child was missing and possibly abducted. Crystal's comment was inappropriate for the situation.

I do not believe for a minute that Teresa had ever "pranked" Crystal in the past. She just does not strike me as that type of person at all.

I think that Ron and Misty should have called Crystal right away, before the grandmother, as she had the right to know right away as Haleigh's mother, but failing that, LE should have been the ones to notify Crystal of Haleigh going missing and not Teresa. This is because it wasn't known whether she was a suspect at that point, and supposing she had Haleigh, she might have slipped a clue during that first phonecall. Preferably it should have been taped for evidence.

I think that Ron and Misty should have called Crystal right away, before the grandmother, as she had the right to know right away as Haleigh's mother, but failing that, LE should have been the ones to notify Crystal of Haleigh going missing and not Teresa. This is because it wasn't known whether she was a suspect at that point, and supposing she had Haleigh, she might have slipped a clue during that first phonecall. Preferably it should have been taped for evidence.

ITA, Donjeta. I'm surprised there wasn't a protocol for who to call and when.

No one would "prank" a person in the middle of the night by saying their child was missing and possibly abducted. Crystal's comment was inappropriate for the situation.

I do not believe for a minute that Teresa had ever "pranked" Crystal in the past. She just does not strike me as that type of person at all.

BBM

Your opinion, right ? We can't possibly know this as a fact.

bolded by me, what does that mean? So her sister or step sister accused her 10 years ago of harassing calls and then no information?

UCN: 541999MM001188XXAXMX
File Date: 1999-04-01 Judge: PETER T MILLER
Defense Atty:

Defendant
NEVES, TERESA S
Alias

Date # Docket Description
1999-04-01 1 COMPLAINT: KATRINA SYKES HARASSING PHONE CALLS

1999-05-11 2 ANNOUNCEMENT OF NO INFORMATION

http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

Seems she has a history of problems with phones.
Whose to say this isn't something that's ongoing, but no one has reported it? ...hmm IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen of the Winter Night