Defense Atty:

Defendant
NEVES, TERESA S
Alias

Date # Docket Description
1999-04-01 1 COMPLAINT: KATRINA SYKES HARASSING PHONE CALLS

1999-05-11 2 ANNOUNCEMENT OF NO INFORMATION

http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

Seems she has a history of problems with phones.
Whose to say this isn't something that's ongoing, but no one has reported it? ...hmm IMO

IDK, but, IMO, this shows that at least one person was concerned enough about TN's creative use of phones to contact LE. IDK, but maybe TN learned her lesson with Katrina Sykes and moved on to folks who were less assertive ?

BBM

Your opinion, right ? We can't possibly know this as a fact.
Since when can we not voice our opinions here?! Of course it is my opinion since I do not Teresa personally. It IS my opinion after hearing/seeing her in various interviews and reading articles about her.

We don't know anything about those phone calls to KS. She may have had valid reasons for them. KS could have been baiting her. They have NOTHING to do with Haleigh going missing and Teresa calling Crystal to let her know there was a situation. Teresa certainly did not have to call her at all!

At this point, I am sorry she did call her. It wasn't like Crystal was terribly interested anyway, IN MY OPINION DUE TO HER LACK OF ACTION. I guess LE would have finally called to ask if she knew where Haleigh could be. Why Teresa cared enough to bother is beyond me!

Since when can we not voice our opinions here?! Of course it is my opinion since I do not Teresa personally. It IS my opinion after hearing her in various interviews and reading articles about her.

We don't know anything about those phone calls to KS. She may have had valid reasons for them. KS could have been baiting her. They have NOTHING to do with Haleigh going missing and Teresa calling Crystal to let her know there was a situation. Teresa certainly did not have to call her at all!

At this point, I am sorry she did call her. It wasn't like Crystal was terribly interested anyway, IN MY OPINION DUE TO HER LACK OF ACTION. I guess LE would have finally called to ask if she knew where Haleigh could be. Why Teresa cared enough to bother is beyond me!

LOL - I haven't seen very many people, including myself, hesitate to voice opinions in this Forum. However, I find it useful when posters courteoulsy note whether they are posting fact or opinion.

I agree, IMO, these harassing phone calls have nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance. However, a pattern of such behavior (should there be one), could definitely impact Crystal's reaction to a middle of the night call from TN.

IDK, but, IMO, this shows that at least one person was concerned enough about TN's creative use of phones to contact LE. IDK, but maybe TN learned her lesson with Katrina Sykes and moved on to folks who were less assertive ?
Do you have something to back those statements up? "creative use of phones"? Teresa "learned her lesson and moved on" to others?!

This is bordering on slander, IMO. We do not know the circumstances of what happened ten years ago! :furious:

Since when can we not voice our opinions here?! Of course it is my opinion since I do not Teresa personally. It IS my opinion after hearing/seeing her in various interviews and reading articles about her.

There's not a problem to voice an opinion, however your posts doesn't state it's your opinion. It's written as it's fact. IMO

I would imagine with most people, that when the grandparents calls with this type of news, they would be up and out the door. However, there is probably (IMO) a history of problems in this area regarding "trust". It takes a while to be built and only moments to break. JMHO

There's not a problem to voice an opinion, however your posts doesn't state it's your opinion. It's written as it's fact. IMO

I would imagine with most people, that when the grandparents calls with this type of news, they would be up and out the door. However, there is probably (IMO) a history of problems in this area regarding "trust". It takes a while to be built and only moments to break. JMHO
Every one of my posts do state it is my opinion if you look at the bottom of my signature under my photo of Sandra Cantu.

Do you have something to back those statements up? "creative use of phones"? Teresa "learned her lesson and moved on" to others?!

This is bordering on slander, IMO. We do not know the circumstances of what happened ten years ago! :furious:
SS I wonder if it is even relevant as Crystal stated she heard LE so she knew it was not a prank? :confused:

snip

We do not know the circumstances of what happened ten years ago! :furious:

snipped by me

Agreed, I do not know the details of what happened ten years ago. However, I do know that Katrina S. filed a complaint about harassing phone calls. That is the only fact statement I made. The other statements were opinions and clearly marked as such. It's unfortunate that these opinions infuriated you because it is difficult to have a logical discussion when one side is infuriated. I suggest that this is a good point to agree to disagree.

SS I wonder if it is even relevant as Crystal stated she heard LE so she knew it was not a prank? :confused:
Good point, Flossie~

IMO, the prank was only mentioned later because it would make Teresa look bad or somehow make up for Crystal's lack of action in some way perhaps.

This conversation is odd. From what I remember, and I reviewed the police report and many of he videos extensively this weekend, TN did NOT call Crystal to inform her of Haleigh's disappearance. Rather in that phone call her primary question was, "Do you have Haleigh?"

As others have commented it was interesting from the 911 call on that the Cummings family framed this as an abduction. Most parents wouldn't. Instead they would be confused and open to all of the possibilities for why the child might be missing. Instead, we have Ron knowing right from the first that someone took her and TN, in one of her first interviews, says the same.

This conversation is odd. From what I remember, and I reviewed the police report and many of he videos extensively this weekend, TN did NOT call Crystal to inform her of Haleigh's disappearance. Rather in that phone call her primary question was, "Do you have Haleigh?"

As others have commented it was interesting from the 911 call on that the Cummings family framed this as an abduction. Most parents wouldn't. Instead they would be confused and open to all of the possibilities for why the child might be missing. Instead, we have Ron knowing right from the first that someone took her and TN, in one of her first interviews, says the same.
I have to strongly disagree. If I woke to find my child missing in the middle of the night and she wasn't found in my house, the door being wide open, and her being afraid of the dark...my first and immediate reaction would be an abduction.

Of course Teresa would ask her that question! It would have been one of the first things I asked, too!

I agree, IMO, these harassing phone calls have nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance. However, a pattern of such behavior (should there be one), could definitely impact Crystal's reaction to a middle of the night call from TN.

Snipped

I would hardly consider ONE charge of "harassing phone calls" placed upon Teresa by her sister over 10 years ago a pattern of behavior. :rolleyes:

A pattern of behavior is something that would happen more than once and over a period of time. Do you have something to prove that there was more than once incident, charge, person - anything involving Teresa?

Also, Crystal stated, in her own words, she heard LE in the background. How can anyone claim she thought that was a prank? And if she was not sure, it is simple enough to pick up the phone and call the PCSO herself and verify if her child was missing. Or call Ron's phone and ask to speak to one of the officers at the home. There are plenty of things she could have done if she wasn't sure. However, like she said, she heard LE there and realized it was no prank.

It seems to me if Crystal states she heard LE in the background, that it would substantiate a belief that she called back to find out what was going on.

What's not true is that parents of children who are suddenly missing in the middle of the night, and have not met harm through their parent's actions, begin by assuming they know what happened to the child and threaten the abductors and LE with violence. This is not normal. If anyone would like I can repost an FBI analysis of 911 calls, of guilty and innocent callers, to back this up.

BBM

Thanks for pointing this out, Viki. I had forgotten it.

I have to strongly disagree. If I woke to find my child missing in the middle of the night and she wasn't found in my house, the door being wide open, and her being afraid of the dark...my first and immediate reaction would be an abduction.

Of course Teresa would ask her that question! It would have been one of the first things I asked, too!

iirc Crystal felt the same way (Feb 12)

“I know somebody took her. I know for a fact she didn’t wander off — she’s afraid of the dark,” Cummings told NBC’s “Today” on Thursday.

Haleigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield, also believes someone took her daughter.

“I just want my baby here. I just want them to bring back my baby,” she said as tears ran down her cheeks, her eyes red from crying.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29143439/

as did LE (Feb.12)

She is one of several people police and the FBI have interviewed in the case. All have been offered the chance to take a lie detector test, according to Putnam County Sheriff's spokesman Gary Bowling.

Detectives believe Haleigh was abducted — and they aren't overlooking anyone, including family members, as suspects.

"This child didn't voluntarily walk out of her home. If she did, someone took her," Bowling said.

http://www.zimbio.com/Haleigh+Cummings/articles/20/Florida+Sheriff+Girlfriend+Missing+5+Year

LOL - I haven't seen very many people, including myself, hesitate to voice opinions in this Forum. However, I find it useful when posters courteoulsy note whether they are posting fact or opinion.

Snipped

I would hardly consider ONE charge of "harassing phone calls" placed upon Teresa by her sister over 10 years ago a pattern of behavior. :rolleyes:

A pattern of behavior is something that would happen more than once and over a period of time. Do you have something to prove that there was more than once incident, charge, person - anything involving Teresa?

Also, Crystal stated, in her own words, she heard LE in the background. How can anyone claim she thought that was a prank? And if she was not sure, it is simple enough to pick up the phone and call the PCSO herself and verify if her child was missing. Or call Ron's phone and ask to speak to one of the officers at the home. There are plenty of things she could have done if she wasn't sure. However, like she said, she heard LE there and realized it was no prank.

BBM

Perhaps you missed the bolded portion of my post ? Or perhaps you did not understand that "should there be one" does not indicate that there definitely is a pattern ?

Actually, LE didn't say they believed Haleigh was abducted. In a pressor what they did say was that they were going to consider it an abduction because for investigative purposes that put them (LE) to the most stringent test.

I'll tell you after reading and listening to all of the evidence out there - the primary resources, not the way we've massaged them for 5 months - it's very instructive what you hear and see.

No one would "prank" a person in the middle of the night by saying their child was missing and possibly abducted. Crystal's comment was inappropriate for the situation.

I do not believe for a minute that Teresa had ever "pranked" Crystal in the past. She just does not strike me as that type of person at all.

There are people in this world who would do exactly that and worse SS. You can thank God that it hasn't happened in your experience. Obviously Crystal has had past experience with it to think that was the case.

BBM IMHO.. Framed is the operative word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissHalle