Terri and the gym

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kyron had been missing for a few days before the gym comment. We know LE was in/at the home in some capacity around the clock.

Terri did seem to post online quite a bit (re: to Facebook), but the posts were topic appropriate, IMHO. She posted about printing off flyers too. It seems like a lot of Terri's companionship or hobby time was spent on the computer -- Facebook, gaming, etc. In times of stress, we tend to return to the familiar, small comforts.

On Facebook, I've seen people immediately update their statuses after weddings, births, deaths, and everything in between. Terri didn't only update her Facebook status with the gym comment. There was a lot of talk about Kyron, flyers, thanking people for offers of help.

To that end, it doesn't bother me that she went to the gym. Not at all. Being confined to one space can feel oppressive. If the police encouraged the Hormans to go about their activities, then it may be as simple as that. Kaine may be unaware of Terri's Facebook post, but he was by her side at the gym. How do we know it wasn't his idea? How do we know the Hormans weren't stir crazy as a result of not being able to help with the search and being largely confined to the house, and LE didn't say, "Go to the gym. Try to relieve the stress." The Facebook posting would be more odd to me if that's the only update she'd made in the wake of Kyron's disappearance, but it wasn't.

I'm sure someone will pick up on the news later about the gym banning. It is impossible for us to discuss the reasons why without a news link. So for now let's hang on. Thanks a bunch.

I'll try to find it, but I can't swear I'll be able to after all this time. I know what I saw; it was a report from their gym that followed one of the pressers earlier on while the search was still going on. The gym was one of the drop-off points for donations for the SAR teams.

http://theportlander.com/2010/06/09/kyron-horman-searchers-in-need-of-food-water/

Posted by Staff Writer on Jun 9th, 2010

Though thousands of Portlanders have offered to help police in the search for missing Kyron Horman, authorities have turned them away. A search like this is best left to the experts.

But there is now a way you can help. Hundreds of search and rescue personnel are joining the search today and they all need to be fed and hydrated. Many are so dedicated to the search for Kyron that they aren’t even going home to eat with their families.

Donations of food and water are being accepted at 4 locations. The best items for drop off include bottled water, sports drinks, energy bars, snacks and other packaged and easy to eat foods. If you operate a restaurant and would like to donate fresh, cooked meals, please contact the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office Search & Rescue logistics coordinator.

Food drop-off sites:

The Xtreme Edge

16365 NW Twin Oaks Dr., Beaverton, Oregon

503-692-9200

Hours: 5:00 to 11:00 Wed-Fri

Solid Rock Church

10500 SW Nimbus Ave, Building T, Portland, OR 97223

503-620-1120

Hours: 9:00 to 5:00 Wed-Fri

Metro Gymnastics Center

18084 SW Lower Boones Ferry Road, Tigard, OR 97224-7229

503-620-8939

Hours: 8:30 to 8:30 Wed-Fri

Freeman Motors

7524 SW Macadam Avenue, Portland Oregon, 97219

Hours: 9:30 to 7:00 Wed-Fri

503-310-5555

I'll try to find it, but I can't swear I'll be able to after all this time. I know what I saw; it was a report from their gym that followed one of the pressers earlier on while the search was still going on. The gym was one of the drop-off points for donations for the SAR teams.

Here's an article with a brief interview in the video at the bottom. I think there was another interview with a woman who works at the gym too, wasn't there?

http://www.kptv.com/news/23852355/detail.html

Is the gym on Sauvie Island? I thought I'd seen people say it was, but this doesn't appear to be. (I live on the other side of the country, so I have no idea.)

How do we know the Hormans weren't stir crazy as a result of not being able to help with the search and being largely confined to the house, and LE didn't say, "Go to the gym. Try to relieve the stress." The Facebook posting would be more odd to me if that's the only update she'd made in the wake of Kyron's disappearance, but it wasn't.

We know that LE did indeed tell the Hormans to go to the gym. It was in the press conference of June 9, in the statement by Shults, the LEO who'd been staying with them. He said LE had told the family to maintain their normal activities, such as grocery shopping and going to the gym, to maintain their health.

The presser is here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108469"]All LE Press Conferences Raw Videos, Audios, Transcripts: Updated Sunday July 4 1020 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Nevertheless, I haven't ever seen it confirmed that Kaine and Terri went to the gym more than on just that one day, or that it was confirmed they worked out, as opposed to met with the people there in regards to it being a drop off point for donations for the searchers.

It wasn't her going to the gym that bothered me. She could go hang-gliding for all I care. What bothered me was her and Kaine's completely ignoring the (very kind) reporter asking them if there was anything the media could do. I found it odd then, and still do find it odd, that they neither one took that opportunity to say even ONE sentence about wanting everyone to keep looking for Kyron, or something to that effect. While many of us have no idea the "correct" way to behave in light of a child being missing, or how someone would think or feel, I thinks its pretty much most posters opinion (from what I have read) that ANY opportunity to plead with the public to keep searching would be used, no matter when/ where/ what/ or why media was asking. JMO

Is the gym on Sauvie Island? I thought I'd seen people say it was, but this doesn't appear to be. (I live on the other side of the country, so I have no idea.)

Nope. Here's a map of the bridge to the island, the road the Hormans live on, the school, and the gym.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...274,-122.835388&spn=0.20559,0.441513&t=h&z=11

You can read more about Sauvie Island here:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauvie_Island[/ame]

As it is river bottom land, it is mostly farmland and wetlands.

It wasn't her going to the gym that bothered me. She could go hang-gliding for all I care. What bothered me was her and Kaine's completely ignoring the (very kind) reporter asking them if there was anything the media could do. I found it odd then, and still do find it odd, that they neither one took that opportunity to say even ONE sentence about wanting everyone to keep looking for Kyron, or something to that effect. While many of us have no idea the "correct" way to behave in light of a child being missing, or how someone would think or feel, I thinks its pretty much most posters opinion (from what I have read) that ANY opportunity to plead with the public to keep searching would be used, no matter when/ where/ what/ or why media was asking. JMO

BBM

I've watched that clip and what strikes me is how closely edited it is. Can you point me to a link with the raw footage?

Because the way it was edited, the reporter could have been asking a series inappropriate or hurtful questions that ended in that one single "can we help" question that was aired. The clip starts with about a second of silence, then the reporter asks that one question and the Hormans silently get in their car and leave.

Now, maybe that is exactly how it went down and the complete total of the interaction.

But maybe there was a lot more. I just can't tell from the edited clip that was on the website.

It is being reported elese where that she has been banned also but I've not seen any link. I am going to call the station today and ask if that is what they reported and if they can put a link on-line.

Here's an article with a brief interview in the video at the bottom. I think there was another interview with a woman who works at the gym too, wasn't there?

http://www.kptv.com/news/23852355/detail.html
I believe so. I can't find the one you're referring to on that page.

The one I saw went directly from the presser into a report that included video from the gym, speaking to members there and of the owner; from what was said I was under the impression the person they interviewed was the (a?) owner of the facility. I haven't seen that report separate from the press conference. I think it was either on kgw or koin.

Personally, I don't find reporters who chase families in traumatic situations to be 'very kind' or even just 'kind'. I find them to be inappropriately intrusive, and that intrusion alone to be rude.

I just can't imagine what it's like in the middle of trauma and tragedy to be chased by media. I'd ignore any who chased me down the street too. In fact, I'd probably call 911 on them.

I believe so. I can't find the one you're referring to on that page.

The one I saw went directly from the presser into a report that included video from the gym, speaking to members there and of the owner; from what was said I was under the impression the person they interviewed was the (a?) owner of the facility. I haven't seen that report separate from the press conference. I think it was either on kgw or koin.

The link was all the way at the bottom of the article in faint colored text lol. Here it is:
http://www.kptv.com/video/23852364/index.html

How can they ban her from the gym? She hasn't even been arrested or charged with anything yet.. I would also think she signed a contract with the gym and either paid in full when she joined or makes monthly payments.. Personally, I do believe she is involved in whatever has happened to Kyron, but don't see how they can ban her even If they believe she is involved unless they don't have a problem with a lawsuit being filed against them.....JMO

How can they ban her from the gym? She hasn't even been arrested or charged with anything yet.. I would also think she signed a contract with the gym and either paid in full when she joined or makes monthly payments.. Personally, I do believe she is involved in whatever has happened to Kyron, but don't see how they can ban her even If they believe she is involved unless they don't have a problem with a lawsuit being filed against them.....JMO

The contract may be in Kaine's name. If her presence is creating a nuisance (media, gawkers, whatever) they can tell her not to return.

I could insert this anywhere on the Kyron forum but I'll put it here as it seems to pertain to the conversation with the gym owner. I knew someone involved in something that made the national news--cover stories, 20/20, you name it. Despite what the situation was, many people who knew her came forward to defend her character. I talked to national news magazines, and so did other people I knew. Since I had nothing but good things to say about her, in fact knowing her changed my life for the better, nothing I said got printed. A friend mentioned something about her that could be taken negatively, make her sound uptight, controlling, etc. And that got printed.

I know they've printed both pro- and anti-TH interviews, but do know that they are for sure only printing the most "interesting" stuff, that is to say, anything that makes her sound weird. Anybody claiming she's just a normal wife and mother is likely to get increasingly less airtime, guilty or not. I'm not saying that the reports of her behavior are not worthy of discussion, but do remember that even the most legit source has one main goal--sales. Does she act weird? IMHO, yes, but OTOH, imagine how weird each of us would look if people picked and chose which of our traits to reveal to the press. JMO

Does she act weird? IMHO, yes, but OTOH, imagine how weird each of us would look if people picked and chose which of our traits to reveal to the press. JMO

YES. God forbid anyone ever examine my book collection with a fine-toothed comb. I'll be labeled guilty before they even decide on the crime.

There is an active restraining order barring her from having any contact with Kaine. Kaine is a member of the gym and apparently still works out there. Probably easier to just tell her not to come anymore.

Plus, he is the one paying the bill. She has no income.

Has anyone found a link to the actual story? Goodness I'd like to hear the reasons? This makes me crazy guessing why something happened rather than hearing it from the source in this case the owner of the fitness center.

Has anyone found a link to the actual story? Goodness I'd like to hear the reasons? This makes me crazy guessing why something happened rather than hearing it from the source in this case the owner of the fitness center.

I've been gone most of the morning but can't find anything on the gym owner's comments from last night. I sure wish they'd put it up because it was a good interview. I emailed KOIN and I see other's did the same but because of the RO being unsealed, I'm sure the gym owner's interview is no longer the hot story for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back