Terri and the gym

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We are dealing with two different gyms. TMH apparently works out at 24 Hour Fitness and KH at The Edge. (This info comes from the RO. When it came to serving the papers she apparently can be found at 24 Hour Fitness between 11 and 2.

We are dealing with two different gyms. TMH apparently works out at 24 Hour Fitness and KH at The Edge. (This info comes from the RO. When it came to serving the papers she apparently can be found at 24 Hour Fitness between 11 and 2.

Yes, the the owner of The Edge was the one speaking about her and I think it was an "interesting" interview. Too bad we can't all discuss it. I think because of the unsealing today, that story isn't going to be posted on their site. Oh well.....back to the RO talk on the other thread. :banghead:

There really is nothing to discuss on gym banning.

As I understand, and I very well could be very, very wrong, an owner of a private business can ban anyone they want. Doesn't matter what the reason, could just be b/c they don't like the person, their friend doesn't like the person, just that simple. Does not have to be very complicated.

Going public with it is a horse of a different color though.

Back on topic.

Nothing wrong with going to the gym when you just can't think, are a bundle of nerves, and no where to turn. True stress reliever, even if for just a few minutes. Nothing wrong with saying "Hitting the gym" when it is a part of the search for your stepson.

And don't forget. Kaine went too, and LE advised them to go on with the norm.

Nothing sinister or weird in any of it.

Terri belongs to 24 Hour Fitness. Kaine belongs to The Edge Gym. Terri's comments about going to the gym and her actually going to the gym, have been the source of intense scrutiny, but they went to Kaine's gym. I find that interesting.

I'm not sure where to put this because there is no link up yet. Last nights local news on KOIN interviewed the owner of the gym where he describes Terri as "creey" and he has banned her from the gym. Wow...if she's innocent, she's going to have lots of lawsuits to file. When a link becomes available, I'll post it. Should it be a new thread? Or keep it here?

ETA: If some kind soul could watch the KOIN website, please feel free to post the link if one comes up. I have lots to do this morning and might not have puter time. I also wonder if they won't put that in print since it's inflammatory?? (sp?)

If he owns the gym, he can ban her. She's not in a protected class such as a minority or disabled.

Good luck suing.

I think it was odd that she carried on about her normal way of life after he was gone. I get that going to the gym might be a release for some people. People grieve in different ways. However, it seems odd to me. I'd be combing the earth or standing by the phone. I would not want to be somewhere other than my home in case my baby found his way home.

Apparently according to the gym owner in the link I listed, Kaine goes to the gym daily to workout. Why is it okay for him and not for her?

Thanks.

So he didn't ban her, it was related to the restraining order.

Interesting too, that Kaine working out on a regular basis is "an outlet during this excruciating time."

Terri working out, on the other hand, proves she doesn't care about Kyron and is responsible for his disappearance.

Personally, I think there's a bit of a double standard too but for me, it was the cavalier way she posted it on Facebook and combined with her other behaviors that put me on high alert with her. These latest interviews confirm the family felt the same way.

Thanks to Rosei who found the video this morning!

Did we ever hear from friends at the gym, or owner exactly what Terry was wearing?
If she was dirty? exhausted? sweaty?
the above post article will not open for me, probaby to old.
What exactly was 'her strange behavior?
Was that on June 4th?
TIA

Personally, I think there's a bit of a double standard too but for me, it was the cavalier way she posted it on Facebook and combined with her other behaviors that put me on high alert with her. These latest interviews confirm the family felt the same way.

What she said, the now-infamous three words of "hitting the gym", didn't come across as cavalier to me. Just normal FB chatter. And it was in among lots of posts thanking people for help, talking about getting the posters made, talking about handing them out to people, etc. etc.

In the meantime, KH wasn't communicating with anyone on FB about helping out at all. Or saying thank you to anyone at all. Does that mean that KH didn't care because she was doing the "people" communicating? And, as we know by at least one video, when they "hit the gym" they were together.

If I were going to evaluate someone's guilt via FB entries, it wouldn't be TH. Really. Her FB pages showed someone who took care of the kids, was busy, and then was working with people on the search. From KH's, I know he likes heavy metal music and some other stuff, but I didn't see people interaction after Kyron went missing (or much before) and what photos I did see TH had clearly taken.

The only people interaction for KH that I know about for sure, outside of DY & TY, right after Kyron went missing, is his memo to coworkers telling them not to talk to the media and ominously mentioning the company attorney about talking to anyone.

I honestly think the "hitting the gym" and Facebook stuff is over-analyzed, and isn't analyzed fairly and equally. I'm not aiming that at anyone, just a comment on the overall trend.

Or, short form: sauce/goose/gander. If she's wrong for going to the gym, and it indicates lack of concern, ditto for KH. But I don't think going to the gym is an indicator. JMO, of course.

I'm with you on this.
Some people use FB to let everyone know their feelings and such, on a day to day basis. Talk about what they are going to do for the day, if they have a headache and what their kid's might be doing. I noticed Terri did this somewhat on her page, so what kinda got to me, was why she did not use this to alert her friends, that Kyron was missing and how she felt about it. She made plenty of post's about what baby K did, and Terri's reactions to it. I feel in the beginning, it would have been a perfect opportunity, for Terri, to post how she felt about Kyron gone missing.

What she said, the now-infamous three words of "hitting the gym", didn't come across as cavalier to me. Just normal FB chatter. And it was in among lots of posts thanking people for help, talking about getting the posters made, talking about handing them out to people, etc. etc.

In the meantime, KH wasn't communicating with anyone on FB about helping out at all. Or saying thank you to anyone at all. Does that mean that KH didn't care because she was doing the "people" communicating? And, as we know by at least one video, when they "hit the gym" they were together.

If I were going to evaluate someone's guilt via FB entries, it wouldn't be TH. Really. Her FB pages showed someone who took care of the kids, was busy, and then was working with people on the search. From KH's, I know he likes heavy metal music and some other stuff, but I didn't see people interaction after Kyron went missing (or much before) and what photos I did see TH had clearly taken.

The only people interaction for KH that I know about for sure, outside of DY & TY, right after Kyron went missing, is his memo to coworkers telling them not to talk to the media and ominously mentioning the company attorney about talking to anyone.

I honestly think the "hitting the gym" and Facebook stuff is over-analyzed, and isn't analyzed fairly and equally. I'm not aiming that at anyone, just a comment on the overall trend.

Or, short form: sauce/goose/gander. If she's wrong for going to the gym, and it indicates lack of concern, ditto for KH. But I don't think going to the gym is an indicator. JMO, of course.

I realize that each of us takes away a different impression but her "tone" came across cavalier to me. The smiley faces, the poking....I just found it very light when it should have been serious. I don't fault her for going to the gym so that's why I didn't have the same reaction to Kaine. In fact, I think they specifically went to the gym because LE told them to go about their regular activities so they could follow her/them. (mostly her) ;)

I respect that you don't have the same impression from her page, that's okay!

One of Terri's facebooks entries about going to the gym is after a friend mentioned wanting to see her. Terri told her that she'd be at the gym at a certain time if she wanted to see her there. Going to a gym isn't anything I'd be doing since it's more of a luxury like eating out instead of at home, but might be out hiking and walking searching as I went. Gyms are hot and extremely noisy, but some people might get comfort , and relieve stress if that's what they like. To me, it wasn't the comment on FB about going to the gym, it was that they both were going to the gym.

I realize that each of us takes away a different impression but her "tone" came across cavalier to me. The smiley faces, the poking....I just found it very light when it should have been serious. I don't fault her for going to the gym so that's why I didn't have the same reaction to Kaine. In fact, I think they specifically went to the gym because LE told them to go about their regular activities so they could follow her/them. (mostly her) ;)

ITA, and I don't think I am not alone in thinking "hitting the gym" was just one of many (puzzle) pieces that seemed very strange, but these many pieces are fitting together in this yet to be finished puzzle, but you can see the layers of personality issues, at least IMO. It is not singularly, FB, DUI, the gym, sexting, body building competition, getting child support from non-bio father, MFH, etc. it is all of these things pasted together IMO.

I totally agree. It is a wide tapestry of action after action after action woven with inaction after inaction after inaction that creates the picture of the monster we see hiding at her parent's house now, like a naughty "perfect" child who has been caught twirling the cat by the tail and setting the dog's tail on fire.

and let's not forget not even bothering to take down baby's pic and put kyron's photo up for days and days even when friends of the family had his pic as THEIR fb profile photo and suggested to her that she should put it up as well. She STILL didn't until later. Right before it went private -- like that day iirc.

She sure put the science fair photo up pdq, though.

And also, that heart felt note from one of kyron's little friends she posted with something like "just couldn't resist posting this" with a SMILEY face. Like it was just some cute little thing a kid said.

More than cavalier when taken in context, imho. Downright pathological. jmoo

and let's not forget not even bothering to take down baby's pic and put kyron's photo up for days and days even when friends of the family had his pic as THEIR fb profile photo and suggested to her that she should put it up as well. She STILL didn't until later. Right before it went private -- like that day iirc.

She sure put the science fair photo up pdq, though.

And also, that heart felt note from one of kyron's little friends she posted with something like "just couldn't resist posting this" with a SMILEY face. Like it was just some cute little thing a kid said.

More than cavalier when taken in context, imho. Downright pathological. jmoo

I totally forgot about that, I remember looking at her facebook & saw how most if not all her friends had changed their profiles pics to Kyrons, yet she still had Baby K's pic up. I think it was a number of days though that she changed & went private though, as "hitting the gym" was...what on day 3(?) and it was a couple or a few days after that she went private, and people were making comments under articles in the papers online. Your right downright pathological IMO add that huge piece to the list (IMO of course).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back