Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there's 3 markedly different descriptions of the fireworks allegedly belonging to DT in the charging documents, none of which really match the fireworks located in the bag from the landfill, as shown in the photo, so that should be fun to wade through in court. They all seem to still have their contents, except maybe the large tube at the rear.

I don't understand why Phillipos only got charged with lying/withholding evidence and the others got heavier charges, unless he agreed to give info. on the others in return for some leniency. They all allegedly confessed to going to DT's room and taking the bag and laptop and Phillipos may have claimed to have been asleep when the items were subsequently disposed of, but IMO it's hard to believe he would have had no idea that was going to be done. The difference in charges doesn't seem fair to me.

Lying to the FBI is the more serious charge as far as penalty.

I am not sure why some are trying so hard to minimize the alleged offenses. One would think DT was accused of jaywalking.

Does the severity of the crime of the initial suspect influence the FBI's mandated penalties of any suspects charged in connection to the case? I can't find any info on this. Seems that willfully making false statements & obstruction of justice are pretty general??

The mind set of these young men came imo from their friendship with DT and a misplaced sense of loyalty. Goes to show that you can't be too careful when you choose your friends, once you are close to someone emotions can so easily cloud judgement. I get the feeling they were a little bit looking up to DT, he clearly was the good looking and cool guy among this small group of friends, brought the pot and (probably) the girls.

They should have run the moment he bragged about knowing how to build a bomb. I would have. Instead they were probably admiring him even more for knowing such "cool stuff".

I think these three are just plain dumb, dumber, and dumberer. :facepalm:

They're gonna spend time in jail for helping a terrorist. Oh my. I just can't believe it.

I agree about the loyalty aspect but IMO it's yet to be proven whether they're friend is a terrorist, or what his involvement is. They just thought they were helping their friend, but I agree they were dumb to do it.

I also can't read anything in to the fact that DT might have said he 'knew how to make a bomb' since the necessary knowledge can be gleaned with a Google search. Youngsters spend hours on their laptops/devices looking at all sorts of things these days.

I'm still reserving judgement on this case at the moment. IMO making a charge against someone is one thing, backing it up with convincing evidence is another, especially when the penalty could be death.

Does the severity of the crime of the initial suspect influence the FBI's mandated penalties of any suspects charged in connection to the case? I can't find any info on this. Seems that willfully making false statements & obstruction of justice are pretty general??

I just heard this discussed on CNN. Legal penalties might not be mandated, but seriousnes of the crime will certainly affect whether any deals are made.

Oops! Typo there - I meant "their friend"

I hate making typos. :doh:

So how did these "kids" know to discard the Vaseline? How did they know that Vaseline was used to make pipe bombs?

Probably 'cos they are "kids" and youngsters their age seem to know, read, ogle at and talk about all sorts of stuff that would make your hair curl! Blame t'internet, gaming and social media.

I'm not buying misplaced loyalty or the youth excuse. Again, I ask, how did these friends know to discard the Vaseline because it's a component of pipe bombs? I'm not buying innocent web surfing any more that I think the answer to all this international travel is frequent flyer miles. ALL MOO

Devon, you can edit your post simply by clicking on the Edit button ;)

Could be that DT told them that Vaseline is used when he bragged about his knowledge of bomb making. Certainly would make sense.

So deoneta do you believe they were actually involved in the bomb making?

Probably 'cos they are "kids" and youngsters their age seem to know, read, ogle at and talk about all sorts of stuff that would make your hair curl! Blame t'internet, gaming and social media.

So we're going to give them credit for being smart enough to understand the ingredients of bombs but not smart enough to know better than to lie to LE/ fed agents? (Not directing this personally to anyone)

I'm also baffled why we (me included) are quick to suspect the wife but are chalking the actions of these 3 up to immaturity and simply watching a friend's back. We don't have anything to prove that the wife is lying yet more and more is coming out about these boys and how they tampered evidence and lied to LE.

My knee-jerk to all of this still is something at a much larger level, with all of these "kids" being used as pawns. And these pawns are fearful of the alternative.

Did someone say that crazy mom called one of the boys and told him to get rid of everything? Seems like I skimmed over that on here earlier today when I was trying to catch up. The pages on these threads add up quick and it's hard to keep up.

So, these three are now charged, but KR isn't, despite the alleged warning phone call to TT. Can we speculate that they have no proof what exactly she said to TT (just asking him what's up, or actually warning him that FBI is looking for him)? It was reported that she had long talks with FBI this week. Are they satisfied with her answers and believe there was no malicious intent from her side?

So, these three are now charged, but KR isn't, despite the alleged warning phone call to TT. Can we speculate that they have no proof what exactly she said to TT (just asking him what's up, or actually warning him that FBI is looking for him)? It was reported that she had long talks with FBI this week. Are they satisfied with her answers and believe there was no malicious intent from her side?

They are charged for lying to FBI/tampering with evidence. Not for being in contact with DT.

I realize that if the American citizen is impoverished, the taxpayer will have to pay for his lawyer. Please tell me the American taxpayer is not obligated to pay for legal representation for the non-citizens.

IMO we really, really need to stop with the "youth excuse" here. Please let us not forget that the crime here is Domestic Terrorism. People died, people are now double amputees.
Their lives will NEVER be the same.

They are charged for lying to FBI/tampering with evidence. Not for being in contact with DT.

Well, yes I know that.

My point was: if there was proof that she warned TT when his pictures were on TV rather than calling the FBI, wouldn't she be charged as well with obstruction of justice or aiding a criminal?

I realize that if the American citizen is impoverished, the taxpayer will have to pay for his lawyer. Please tell me the American taxpayer is not obligated to pay for legal representation for the non-citizens.

IMO we really, really need to stop with the "youth excuse" here. Please let us not forget that the crime here is Domestic Terrorism. People died, people are now double amputees.
Their lives will NEVER be the same.

I am tired of all the "youth" excuses also. Nobody who is suspected/ charged so far is a minor.

Could be that DT told them that Vaseline is used when he bragged about his knowledge of bomb making. Certainly would make sense.

So deoneta do you believe they were actually involved in the bomb making?

Probably not. Prior knowledge, maybe. But those are just guesses. It's too soon to say, but I'm certainly waiting for something more definitive than the accounts of these self confessed liars to make up my mind. Let's say I'm suspicious, but that's JMO.

I agree about the loyalty aspect but IMO it's yet to be proven whether they're friend is a terrorist, or what his involvement is. They just thought they were helping their friend, but I agree they were dumb to do it.

I also can't read anything in to the fact that DT might have said he 'knew how to make a bomb' since the necessary knowledge can be gleaned with a Google search. Youngsters spend hours on their laptops/devices looking at all sorts of things these days.

I'm still reserving judgement on this case at the moment. IMO making a charge against someone is one thing, backing it up with convincing evidence is another, especially when the penalty could be death.

It is smart to reserve judgement, but this case is moving pretty smoothly and quickly in my opinion. None of these guys were very sophisticated. There is a lot of evidence against all of them in some form or another (videos, text messages, photos, witnesses, material evidence, etc.).

So we're going to give them credit for being smart enough to understand the ingredients of bombs but not smart enough to know better than to lie to LE/ fed agents? (Not directing this personally to anyone)

Yeah, basically.

Anyone, of any level of knowledge and intelligence is capable of exercising poor judgement IMO, especially when it comes to relationships, of all kinds.

As for TT's wife, I view her as I do all the numerous people named and scrutinized in this case - innocent until proven guilty. Just MOO

Yeah, basically.

Anyone, of any level of knowledge and intelligence is capable of exercising poor judgement IMO, especially when it comes to relationships, of all kinds.

As for TT's wife, I view her as I do all the numerous people named and scrutinized in this case - innocent until proven guilty. Just MOO

Sometimes there are very serious consquences to "poor judgement." I will just leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties