Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if DT knew if his three friends would be going to the Marathon. Did they go? What if they had been at the finish line cheering on family and friends? Would he still have set that bomb down there & detonated it?

I guess he would have.

Ami was just trying to explain that you can not make any comparison here. You are an adult, they are immature teens who think and feel completely differently.

No offence, but I got the impression you were missing ami's point.
gosh, yes the developmental tasks not done at 19

Ami was just trying to explain that you can not make any comparison here. You are an adult, they are immature teens who think and feel completely differently.

No offence, but I got the impressions you were missing ami's point.

Are 19 year olds so immature that they arecompletely insensitive to violence and savagery of this nature? Really? Then why are they voting...drinking...serving in our military...adult enough to make many decisons on their own? They should be under adult control until they are fully equipped with human empathy.

If a 19 yr old commits a war crime in some Muslim nation, we should justsend him home to Mommy with a reprimand? Because he is too immature to understand that bombs kill and maim...and friends who bomb and kill might hurt MORE people?

I wonder if DT knew if his three friends would be going to the Marathon. Did they go? What if they had been at the finish line cheering on family and friends? Would he still have set that bomb down there & detonated it?

I also wonder what the friends' social media accounts would have said, if anything, about the Boston Marathon bombings. DT's account was devoid of any reference to it whatsoever.

ETA: I'm wrong .. on April 16, DT tweeted "Ain't no love in the heart of the city, stay safe people"

Are 19 year olds so immature that they arecompletely insensitive to violence and savagery of this nature? Really? Then why are they voting...drinking...serving in our military...adult enough to make many decisons on their own? They should be under adult control until they are fully equipped with human empathy.

If a 19 yr old commits a war crime in some Muslim nation, we should justsend him home to Mommy with a reprimand? Because he is too immature to understand that bombs kill and maim...and friends who bomb and kill might hurt MORE people?

Welcome to the next generation???

Generation txt

Sum yes, and younger qualifies. Addictive behaviors, self medicating (weed). All pictures tell stories and if you go through them you see an absolute transition. Later, unkempt,unshaven,fatigued looking. And in some a cute cute kid. Even pretty is some.

I jsut dont think he expected it to do what it did. Think about it , hey bro,you ya in the mood to go paralize 9th largest city in AMerica in a grid lock. Freeze it up. DONE.

It was some firework powder,some pots ........................AND Vasoline(!) Whew!

I also wonder what the friends' social media accounts would have said, if anything, about the Boston Marathon bombings. DT's account was devoid of any reference to it whatsoever.

ETA: I'm wrong .. on April 16, DT tweeted "Ain't no love in the heart of the city, stay safe people"

In this article are screenshots of the fb wall pages of two of the friends. However, when I tried to search their fb pages (on facebook itself and with google) I got no results. Maybe they were taken down?

http://www.mediaite.com/online/here...in-the-boston-marathon-bombing-investigation/

His tweet makes me wanna puke. What an *advertiser censored**!

No offense taken. :)

I didn't miss any "point". It seems to me the purpose was to try to explain or justify the actions of the 3 that were recently arrested & charged for disposing of material evidence & for obstructing justice. IMO, there is no justification for their actions.

I refuse to believe that even an "immature" college student would think that terrorism is a "romantic, cool" ideology to which to adhere - especially after they had seen the horrific images of the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.

I'm the mother of two college students. They are very ideological - but in a positive sense, in that they want to effect social change through constructive, peaceful means. They want to help people. My daughters (and their friends) have "romantic" & "cool" ideals that involve creating a more beautiful world, not in bombing, killing, & mutilating people.

I'm offended that the words "romantic" & "cool" have been used in the context of the horrific destruction of lives, and I will make no apology for my feelings. Any ideology that destroys lives is not "romantic" or "cool".

Sadly, there are some college students who are just immature and warped enough that they might see terroristic ideology as 'romantic'--in the historic, ideological sense, of course. Admitting that some might have those bizarre notions doesn't equate to validating them. Some might have them because they've never been exposed to it so it can take on whatever idealistic unreality they want to attribute to it. But others might have them because they, with family and friends, were exposed to terrorism as a way of life and being 'nationalistic' at an early age. I'd say DT probably aligned himself that way, though he was characteristically more private and quiet. He also idolized an older brother who held 'romantic' notions of dying for the Lion of Allah, and unfortunately both as children were exposed to some of the worst that terrorism could offer in their village. I believe that some who grow up with it CAN be desensitized psychologically to it, unfortunately. Even if they come to America and pretend to be 'normal.' The damage has been done.

Sum yes, and younger qualifies. Addictive behaviors, self medicating (weed). All pictures tell stories and if you go through them you see an absolute transition. Later, unkempt,unshaven,fatigued looking. And in some a cute cute kid. Even pretty is some.

I jsut dont think he expected it to do what it did. Think about it , hey bro,you ya in the mood to go paralize 9th largest city in AMerica in a grid lock. Freeze it up. DONE.

It was some firework powder,some pots ........................AND Vasoline(!) Whew!

BBM Do you think he showed much concern when he found out what he had actually done?

No offense taken. :)

I didn't miss any "point". It seems to me the purpose was to try to explain or justify the actions of the 3 that were recently arrested & charged for disposing of material evidence & for obstructing justice. IMO, there is no justification for their actions.

I refuse to believe that even an "immature" college student would think that terrorism is a "romantic, cool" ideology to which to adhere - especially after they had seen the horrific images of the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.

I'm the mother of two college students. They are very ideological - but in a positive sense, in that they want to effect social change through constructive, peaceful means. They want to help people. My daughters (and their friends) have "romantic" & "cool" ideals that involve creating a more beautiful world, not in bombing, killing, & mutilating people.

I'm offended that the words "romantic" & "cool" have been used in the context of the horrific destruction of lives, and I will make no apology for my feelings. Any ideology that destroys lives is not "romantic" or "cool".

Of course it is not! We know that, you and I and many many others. But they don't. That's the whole point. Ami was trying to explain their way of thinking. In their minds they are cool.

It is a very important part of any investigation into any crime to try and comprehend what the perp is/was thinking and feeling. Not to justify it, but to understand it, and this understanding can hopefully lead to ways such things can be prevented.

There was an expert on CNN the other day who used to be a jihadist when he was young. He said much the same thing, how cool and exciting it seemed to him then, testosterone pumping, feeling invincible, the dream of fighting with weapons and actually doing it in training camps, a real world Rambo, a hero, ready to die for a cause. It's a dream many young men have, why are action movies so popular, for example? And to them it's cool and romantic. The license plate "Terrorista" fits right in imo.

I have a hard time to understand why you feel offended ...

BBM Do you think he showed much concern when he found out what he had actually done?

Not at all.

Any person with a conscience would have a breakdown after seeing the results of those bombs.

Either he was very very high on drugs the entire time from before bombing to capture, or he's a psychopath.

Only reason I am going heroin, is I think major drug dealing is the money trail. There is no active income stream --186 a wk from welfare -come on folks - for 3 people.

I do not think there is dispoasable income for firewrrks --two of the bigger ones were $100 each. PC 300

IMO, drugs are gonna be the $$$ answer. Connected to Canada guy , triple murder , some weed does not typically prompt anyone to get close to decapating three men.

There is some anger here !!!!!!!!!!!! Rage might be better.
And just look at that short video -- little big man--- cocky assurred outside - raging inside.

And if we think about there have been no reports of older with drugs - he was dealing, it was around, younger brother enjoyed , liked turning others on college thats it!

And the boxing thing is HUGE IMO, picture pot of boiling water, the boxing (you aint an AMerican, are not as good as us, and we will not let you participate even tho you have demenstrated a high skill level. YOur cretchin (whatever one its called!) and you cant play.

And we say as a nation we have moved on as fair as racisim and bigotry. Throw in a dash of hypocrarcy!
Typing fingers are here and not doing well pardon me!

Not at all.

Any person with a conscience would have a breakdown after seeing the results of those bombs.

Either he was very very high on drugs the entire time from before bombing to capture, or he's a psychopath.

BBM Or a committed junior jihadi who was actually quite pleased with what he'd done. I think leaving ideology out of this distorts the picture. All MOO

Sadly, there are some college students who are just immature and warped enough that they might see terroristic ideology as 'romantic'--in the historic, ideological sense, of course. Admitting that some might have those bizarre notions doesn't equate to validating them. Some might have them because they've never been exposed to it so it can take on whatever idealistic unreality they want to attribute to it. But others might have them because they, with family and friends, were exposed to terrorism as a way of life and being 'nationalistic' at an early age. I'd say DT probably aligned himself that way, though he was characteristically more private and quiet. He also idolized an older brother who held 'romantic' notions of dying for the Lion of Allah, and unfortunately both as children were exposed to some of the worst that terrorism could offer in their village. I believe that some who grow up with it CAN be desensitized psychologically to it, unfortunately. Even if they come to America and pretend to be 'normal.' The damage has been done.
Interestingly, we have not heard about a lot of "gaming" between this gang of kids! They watched a movie at his house. None of the "Kill Everyone in Your Periphery” games that are blockbusters these days..

Not at all.

Above BBM

IMO, any person with a conscience would have never detonated those bombs.

Interestingly, we have not heard about a lot of "gaming" between this gang of kids! They watched a movie at his house. None of the "Kill Everyone in Your Periphery” games that are blockbusters these days..

Well we probably haven't heard about gaming b/c even hearing about them watching a movie was incidental to gathering info for a timeline. My guess would be that they, like most other 18-19yr. old males in this day and age, probably did their fair share of gaming, too. But, of course, that's not said to invite discussion about whether movies/gaming can 'cause' terrorism. Please don't let us go there in this thread... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr