Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but I honestly don't think something deeper is necessary. I teach this age group - heck, I taught one of these kids, apparently, though I have no recollection of him. And although the scale of this is clearly different, the impulsive blind allegiance to a friend without much thought for the bigger picture, for others, for your own future, etc. - is characteristic of the age.

Did they have shared ideology? Maybe. In a vague, not very well defined way fueled by a romantic, cool image of what that ideology might look like. Just like you could ask why they had "terrorista" custom license plates when they had an expired visa and were chatting about bombs over lunch. IMO, they were taken with the image of themselves as cool, counter-culture rebels in a sea of Americans - much moreso than sharing an actual deep feeling of radical religious fervor. JMO.

When I think of "impulsive blind allegiance to a friend without much thought for the bigger picture" in the context of terrorist bombings that resulted in deaths & maiming, I can't help but wonder to what cause this possible "blind allegiance" may have been given.

When the pics of the "terrorista #1" license plate were posted awhile ago, I paid little attention. I filed it away for future reference.

Now, I'm beginning to wonder how the owner of that car may perceive himself. I don't find anything "romantic" or "cool" about trying to project an image of oneself as a terrorist, even if that portrayal was possibly made in jest. I find it repulsive. Terrorism is NOT romantic or cool.

History is filled with examples of counterculture rebels of various ideologies who effected peaceful change without committing acts of terrorism that caused death & injury to innocent people.

ETA: The fact that these 3 allegedly conspired to dispose of material evidence directly related to terrorist bombings suggests to me that they may possibly believe that violence is a means to an end (whatever that end may be), and suggests to me that they were/are supportive of DT's & TT's heinous actions.

I certainly think DT had other influences than those guys. I have to wonder if he saw his whole family essential leaving or having left the US. Mom and dad already gone, how can mom come back with a criminal charge against her. He must have known TT was on the terrorist list and maybe even knew mom was. He knew TT wanted to go live in Dagestan. I'm even starting to wonder if he knew about the dead friend, one of 3 with the throats slit. I see the three college friends as young men without a rudder really, easily influenced but why they did what they did, I'm not speculating anymore. As for DT, look what he was accustomed to seeing - mom got away with stealing and flew the coop, TT thought it was ok to be violent with women and pit women against each other (not sure what DT knew, but he was being groomed, if even passively, to think men deserved control and there was somehow honor in jihad. I think he was kind of charismatic and sort of used women himself, trying to get them in bed instead of trying for a relationship. Maybe he used his friends also or found power in their awe of him. I'm sure he could be the good time guy and come up with lots of tales to entertain? I think DT expected to leave the country or just thought he would get away with the bombing and not be caught...maybe leave later or not. I don't think he had a rudder on the moral level and maybe the darker influence behind it all is what he went toward. Unfortunately, I'm starting to think because of his background, he just had no conscience... not that he had radical religious beliefs, maybe he just had an ego.

ITA with your whole post. I never thought about it that way, that he was accustomed to seeing some level of crime (his mom) and mistreatment of women (his brother) and the entitlement of men.

About the bolded part - serious question here: How would Tamerlan have known he was on the terrorist list? Are people TOLD when they're put on the list?

(I'm not being snarky in the least, I've just never thought about it before - unless you were stopped at an airport and refused entry, how would you know if you or a loved one was on the list??)

They made SIX explosives . There was another guy in times square piture.

Ever think tthat maybe all of em were supposed to drop off a "bag" and different locations "down" the finish line.

ANd they chickened out.

I always thought they might have been running later than they planned. Evidently it is common knowledge that it is bunch busier a couple of hours earlier than when they did it.

My notion, they were late casue arguing with the other ones who backed out.

Ever think tthat maybe all of em were supposed to drop off a "bag" and different locations "down" the finish line.

ANd they chickened out.

I always thought they might have later than they planned. Evidently it is common knowledge that it is bunch busier a couple of hours earlier than when they did it.

My notion, they were late casue arguing with the other ones who backed out.

I totally agree that this was the original plan.

It seems all the investigating is being focused around DT and his friends. The friends are little fish in the pond. Every piece counts but what is happening in the investigation on TT's involvement?

Lets not get side tracked - TT is where the big issues are, IMO.

Something is just not right in this investigation - and I am not saying a conspiracy.

Putin's biographer has been busy writing a book proposal these two weeks...

Book Updete ‏@BookUpdete 28m

Book News: Putin Biographer To Write Book On Tsarnaev Brothers - NPR http://dlvr.it/3K69fZ

(And...OT - for those involved in the Northridge kidnapping thread, TS entered NOT GUILTY pleas to 37 counts earlier today.) :-/

Originally Posted by CARIIS
There were two other guys in the Times Square picture.

ITA with your whole post. I never thought about it that way, that he was accustomed to seeing some level of crime (his mom) and mistreatment of women (his brother) and the entitlement of men.

About the bolded part - serious question here: How would Tamerlan have known he was on the terrorist list? Are people TOLD when they're put on the list?

(I'm not being snarky in the least, I've just never thought about it before - unless you were stopped at an airport and refused entry, how would you know if you or a loved one was on the list??)

You know Tamerlin may not have actually known he was on a terrorist list, e.g., FBI doesn't actually say that? So, they at least knew they were being investigated and mom was told about the types of videos, etc. he was following. I wonder if mom knew she was being investigated at the time or was on a list. I'd still like to know more about why she was on the list.

<snip><snip><snip>

2013: New and improved!
- Multi use for incendiaries: can be used in bombs of all sizes and shapes. Vasoline excels at making your explosions lusher, more dramatic, shinier with that extra sheen you have been hoping for.
<snip>

Is this long post really neccessary. I'm not really finding the humor in it either.

There were two other guys in the Times Square picture.

I wonder who was taking the picture :waitasec:

Same question for the "deleted" pic of Kadyrbayev and DT having dinner together.

This case has me running in circles! Incomplete "truths" from LE & Media, he said, she said. Add that to plenty of folks of all ages, status, race, creed & culture, trying to make sense of all of this. AAAHHHHHHH!!!

@sorrell skye - I think there may have just been a confusion of terms, here. I took your usage of 'romantic' in the historic/ideological sense, but others may interpret 'romantic' as in a 'dangerously/sexually attactive' sense.

Boston.com &#8207;@BostonDotCom 3m

BREAKING: Tsarnaev family has made arrangements to pick up body of Marathon bomb suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev from the state medical examiner.

BOSTON (AP) &#8212; The body of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev was set to be claimed Thursday.

Department of Public Safety spokesman Terrel Harris said authorities were informed someone would be claiming the 26-year-old's remains Thursday night. He had no more information.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/rema...med?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

@sorrell skye - I think there may have just been a confusion of terms, here. I took your usage of 'romantic' in the historic/ideological sense, but others may interpret 'romantic' as in a 'dangerously/sexually attactive' sense.

I agree about the different definitions of the word "romantic".

However, I wasn't the one who introduced the usage of the word "romantic" (historical/ideological or otherwise) into the discussion, nor was I the one to introduce "sexual attraction" into the discussion.

interesting point

I agree about the different definitions of the word "romantic".

However, I wasn't the one who introduced the usage of the word "romantic" into the discussion, nor was I the one to introduce "sexual attraction" into the discussion.

Ami was just trying to explain that you can not make any comparison here. You are an adult, they are immature teens who think and feel completely differently.

No offence, but I got the impression you were missing ami's point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214