Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He reportedly run over his brother with an SUV. I think he could guess his brother was dead. As to where did he get the pen from? Seriously? A lot of people, myself included, carry pens with them.

Reportedly? Do you have factual evidence that DT run over his brother? This reported news only came out DAYS after the arrest, definitely not within the hours of him on the run so I will safely conclude DT wasn't certain his brother was dead. Maybe he was googling the news on his phone in the midst of the full blown confession on the boat?
I carry a pen in my purse ONLY sometimes, haven't met a young boy of the age 19 that had EVER carried a pen in their jean pockets.
Don't you think this would have come out within a week of the capture?!

What a hypocrite. He was no more a practicing Muslim than I am. Smoking pot and trying to get into girls' pants and rolling his eyes in annoyance with his friends when his older brother started talking about Islam - and suddenly it's a religion he's ready to kill and die for. What a load of BS. He killed people because he wanted to kill people -the stupid "muslim holy war" excuse after the fact is total BS. I bet that idiot couldn't even name a US war in a Muslim land.

About him writing out some melodramatic note while dying in a boat, not lamenting his dead brother and finally eeking out a manifesto. More BS. What did he think he was - some lead character in an action movie? This entire story is just ridiculous. It's appalling that these incredibly stupid wastes of skin could kill real people living productive lives.

BBM

About the bolded part................................AGREED

Methinks one of the 'sources' may have got a bit carried away this time!

What a hypocrite. He was no more a practicing Muslim than I am. Smoking pot and trying to get into girls' pants and rolling his eyes in annoyance with his friends when his older brother started talking about Islam - and suddenly it's a religion he's ready to kill and die for. What a load of BS. He killed people because he wanted to kill people -the stupid "muslim holy war" excuse after the fact is total BS. I bet that idiot couldn't even name a US war in a Muslim land.

About him writing out some melodramatic note while dying in a boat, not lamenting his dead brother and finally eeking out a manifesto. More BS. What did he think he was - some lead character in an action movie? This entire story is just ridiculous. It's appalling that these incredibly stupid wastes of skin could kill real people living productive lives.

It's ridiculous because its a fake story planted. Why are people so quick to believe what the media prints by unknown source? You find out the official's name who assures this is FACT and then I can look into it. IMO!

Reportedly? Do you have factual evidence that DT run over his brother? This reported news only came out DAYS after the arrest, definitely not within the hours of him on the run so I will safely conclude DT wasn't certain his brother was dead. Maybe he was googling the news on his phone in the midst of the full blown confession on the boat?
I carry a pen in my purse ONLY sometimes, haven't met a young boy of the age 19 that had EVER carried a pen in their jean pockets.

And not just any pen, because unless there was bare, untreated wood or some other suitable surface inside the boat (which is unlikely IMO) then a standard pen would not work. I think it would require a marker type pen to write any script on what was most likely metal or marine gloss painted surfaces.

Boston bombings suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev left note in boat he hid in, sources say

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_...naev-left-note-in-boat-he-hid-in-sources-say/

"The note, scrawled with a pen on the interior wall of the cabin, said the bombings were retribution U.S. military action in Afghanistan and Iraq, and called the Boston victims collateral damage in the way Muslims have been in the American-led wars. "When you attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims," the note added."

All I have to say to that is, Dzhokar, when you attack one American you have attacked all Americans and we will not take that lightly!

And not just any pen, because unless there was bare, untreated wood or some other suitable surface inside the boat (which is unlikely IMO) then a standard pen would not work. I think it would require a marker type pen to write any script on what was most likely metal or marine gloss painted surfaces.

A gel pen might work. Or, could be he was able to etch in his words with the nib of he pen. I think you could do that pretty easily.

It's ridiculous because its a fake story planted. Why are people so quick to believe what the media prints by unknown source? You find out the official's name who assures this is FACT and then I can look into it.

Grace can you give us your sources or links that show this is "a fake story planted"? thanks

You obviously forgot wood, but there could be other materials in there. I'm not automatically buying the story, but I wouldn't automatically call it fake either. I also believe the original story may have claimed the writing instrument was in the boat. At least don't go off on arguments against this being a lie without arguing what is actually claimed or known.

Attachments

• 042313boat_dngnk.jpg
    042313boat_dngnk.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 14
They do not need this note in order to convict him. The evidence is overwhelming in this case. BBM - yes, it is only valid if you look into it. :(

I think before you start claiming you know this is a fake and planted story, you provide solid facts or links that show this is not true.

The evidence may well be overwhelming, but we haven't seen it yet, only what is alleged by the government, 'reported' via the media from anonymous 'sources' and otherwise assumed from conjecture and speculation.

Can anyone here provide solid facts or a link to show that TT and DT planted the bombs at the marathon?

The evidence may well be overwhelming, but we haven't seen it yet, only what is alleged by the government, 'reported' via the media from anonymous 'sources' and otherwise assumed from conjecture and speculation.

Can anyone here provide solid facts or a link to show that TT and DT planted the bombs at the marathon?

Devon, the FBI has the "links" you want and I don't think we are privy to them. Thanks. Oh, and by the way, are you familiar with Jeff Bauman? If not, you should get to know him!

The article I read said it was a marker that he found in the boat.

You obviously forgot wood, but there could be other materials in there. I'm not automatically buying the story, but I wouldn't automatically call it fake either. I also believe the original story may have claimed the writing instrument was in the boat. At least don't go off on arguments against this being a lie without arguing what is actually claimed or known.

I believe all surfaces in a boat are normally treated to protect and waterproof them, either with boat varnish or marine paint, which is usually a gloss formulation. It would be hard to write on such surfaces with a standard pen, IMO.

Of course anything is possible, but the question is, is it likely, given the circumstances? DT was injured badly and apparently lost a lot of blood, he had no food or fluids for hours on end and would have been in a weakened physical state, not to mention a possibly altered mental state due to the effects of his condition and the circumstances. Also at least half of the time he was hiding was during hours of darkness and it's likely he would try to move as little as possible during daylight, to avoid detection.

Since there is very little that we know to be verifiable fact in this case at present, we are all mostly expressing opinions. My opinion is that this claim is likely to be untrue.

NY Times reporting same from 2 LE sources:

As the police and federal agents pursued him in a Boston suburb four days after the marathon bombings, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev scrawled a note inside the hull of the boat where he was hiding that said the attack was retribution for wars the United States waged in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to two law enforcement officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/17/us/boston-bombing-developments.html

Devon, the FBI has the "links" you want and I don't think we are privy to them. Thanks. Oh, and by the way, are you familiar with Jeff Bauman? If not, you should get to know him!

Do you know JB? Have you spoken to him?

Just to be clear - again - NO ONE is disputing that a despicable, cowardly and cruel act of violence was committed in Boston on 15 April and that innocent bystanders died and/or suffered horrendous injuries.

What is indisputable fact is the WHEN, WHERE and HOW?

What is not yet proven is the WHO and WHY?

The FBI may indeed have all the 'links', but much of what has been presented to the public so far raises many questions. Until those questions are answered, some people are reserving judgement on the WHO and the WHY.

Jeff has also stated that he saw TT place the bag, even made eye contact with him. He helped give a description of the perp so LE could narrow down who to look for. I'm sure video will be released in trial as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grace can you give us your sources or links that show this is "a fake story planted"? thanks

Isabelle.. It's been edited to IMO. After all, no one is right or wrong here, it is a forum where all members are entitled to their opinions. Please provide these FBI links you speak of? I personally checked, and can view no new information the FBI have released since the criminal complaint was filed. Please do not accuse of us of not keeping in mind the victims - no one has been convicted of this crime at this stage. Some of us prefer to keep an open mind to each and every possibility. I highly doubt these new confession claims are true, the likelihood of him being in possession of any pen or locating a pen that would have the ingredients to mark certain surfaces of the boat appears slim and we have seen many photos of the boat after his capture, there is not one photo that displays this written confession? IMO!

Jeff has also stated that he saw TT place the bag, even made eye contact with him. He helped give a description of the perp so LE could narrow down who to look for. I'm sure video will be released in trial as well

If I saw someone leave something behind that might be important to them, like a filled backpack, I would instinctively shout after them and/or go after them with the item to give it back to them. I wonder if Jeff did? Has he said what he did/said when he saw this man leave the bag behind?

How can you make eye contact with a person who is wearing dark sunglasses? We have not seen one photo of TT without his sunglasses at the Boston marathon. Seems odd that the FBI would choose to not release a photo of TT not wearing sunglasses for the public to identity him as quickly as possible (these images were released for assistance in identifying the suspects). One would assume the clearest image of the suspects facial features, most importantly their eyes would be released. I have not viewed one photo of TT at the marathon without his dark sunglasses on and if there is one I would like to see it. IMO.

That's ridiculous. Factual evidence? What factual evidence would satisfy you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway