Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge rejects Tsarnaev lawyers’ request for private photos

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...s_tsarnaev_lawyers_request_for_private_photos

"A federal judge has denied a request by lawyers for accused Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev that he be privately photographed in prison to show changes in his physical and mental condition, allowing only his legal team to see the pictures, instead allowing federal prison officials to take photographs of the alleged terrorist that will then be distributed to both prosecutors and defense attorneys."

I am really not getting why his defense attorneys wanted to take the pictures, but not share them with the prosecution.

Judge rejects Tsarnaev lawyers’ request for private photos

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...s_tsarnaev_lawyers_request_for_private_photos

"A federal judge has denied a request by lawyers for accused Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev that he be privately photographed in prison to show changes in his physical and mental condition, allowing only his legal team to see the pictures, instead allowing federal prison officials to take photographs of the alleged terrorist that will then be distributed to both prosecutors and defense attorneys."

Better written article.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...sical-state/mmDAAhUJXnSywGGVVzEG3M/story.html

US Magistrate Judge Marianne Bowler partially granted the request today. She said the US Bureau of Prisons can take the photos of Tsarnaev, rather than the lawyers themselves, citing security policy at the Fort Devens facility where he is being held.

However, Bowler agreed that the defense lawyers can be present when the photos are taken. The pictures can also be shared with prosecutors.

From the information I have so far I absolutely believe DT and TT to be guilty.However I don't think all of the information coming out is reliable and my mind could change any time.
I think it's odd that all of a sudden when it is in question that DT made the initial statements voluntary (" Tsarnaev's lawyers could be trying to argue that statements he made to authorities after his arrest on April 19 were not voluntary because of his poor physical condition. Defense attorney Miriam Conrad declined to comment." from above article) all of a sudden the boat owner had a magic marker on the boat and DT scribbled confessions on the wall????
As for DT's "fan girls"(& boys) I don't think it is fair to lump them together with women that write to serial killers.These kids believe in his innocence they are not attracted to the "bad ness" and the ones leading the movement are actual friends of DT.
I can relate to how hard it is to imagine someone who seems so nice could do something horrific but he comes from a place where terrorists are the heroes,it's just a different mindset.
I wished they would hang a poster of Martin Richard in DT's cell .If he has any conscience at all that would be way more punishment than anything else and that would put the "collateral damage " statement ( if true) in real perspective.

I think they need to put photo of his brother's body in his cell.
After all, I presume he did care about his brother. And yet he is the one who reportedly run him over. So let him look at his alleged handywork. I very much doubt he would care about any of the victims.

I think they need to put photo of his brother's body in his cell.
After all, I presume he did care about his brother. And yet he is the one who reportedly run him over. So let him look at his alleged handywork. I very much doubt he would care about any of the victims.

I totally agree.
Great post!

The CNN Anderson Cooper "Back to Boston: Moments of Impact" Special Report tonight is very gripping and informative. It repeats again tonight and will probably be available at different times throughout the weekend.

Based on reading this last page of posts, I think the program lends additional insight into what is currently being discussed here re the suspects' actions, etc.

The initial media reports are always off on some things in the beginning of horrific events. They rush to put the news out and the facts are not clear. The above videos were created by conspiracy theorists who seen to enjoy rushing to create these things to try and cause some sort of division in our society.

One thing that is absolute fact is these two men are responsible for the horrible terrorist attack that murdered and maimed many people. That's the end of the story for me. I could careless how they were injured or killed. I have no sympathy for perpetrators of such evil crimes.

Is it hard for people to understand the utter chaos that was going on during this time period and how easily it would be for people to initially misconstrue events? The truth always comes out in the end, when things calm down and there is time to review videos and conduct an investigation.

The CNN Anderson Cooper "Back to Boston: Moments of Impact" Special Report tonight is very gripping and informative. It repeats again tonight and will probably be available at different times throughout the weekend.

Based on reading this last page of posts, I think the program lends additional insight into what is currently being discussed here re the suspects' actions, etc.

I missed it. But my guide says its coming on again at 12:00 am central standard time. That's about an hour and twenty minutes from now.

I'm going back to the discussion on the request for new photos of DT by his lawyers. This totally blows my mind! I do not understand this request. Is it supposed to be a "poor me", look how being locked up is damaging me? Tough stuff buddy! And when did it become possible to photograph one's mental state?! Hey, I can act like a clown, give a stupid look, or whatever my attorney tells me. What is the purpose?

Perhaps one of you can explain this to me as it is as clear as mud to me! TIA

I'm going back to the discussion on the request for new photos of DT by his lawyers. This totally blows my mind! I do not understand this request. Is it supposed to be a "poor me", look how being locked up is damaging me? Tough stuff buddy! And when did it become possible to photograph one's mental state?! Hey, I can act like a clown, give a stupid look, or whatever my attorney tells me. What is the purpose?

I am just as confused as you are. They can get a shrink to examine his mental state, they don't need photos.

He looked perfectly fine in the pictures when he planted the bomb. Of course he's not going to be chipper now that he's caught and locked up.

From the information I have so far I absolutely believe DT and TT to be guilty.However I don't think all of the information coming out is reliable and my mind could change any time.
I think it's odd that all of a sudden when it is in question that DT made the initial statements voluntary (" Tsarnaev's lawyers could be trying to argue that statements he made to authorities after his arrest on April 19 were not voluntary because of his poor physical condition. Defense attorney Miriam Conrad declined to comment." from above article) all of a sudden the boat owner had a magic marker on the boat and DT scribbled confessions on the wall????
As for DT's "fan girls"(& boys) I don't think it is fair to lump them together with women that write to serial killers.These kids believe in his innocence they are not attracted to the "bad ness" and the ones leading the movement are actual friends of DT.
I can relate to how hard it is to imagine someone who seems so nice could do something horrific but he comes from a place where terrorists are the heroes,it's just a different mindset.
I wished they would hang a poster of Martin Richard in DT's cell .If he has any conscience at all that would be way more punishment than anything else and that would put the "collateral damage " statement ( if true) in real perspective.

A lot of the students who had believed they were his friends are horrified and smart enough to acknowledge the evidence and are spending a lot of time dealing with his actions. I wouldn't categorize DT's "fan girls" as good friends who are simply supportive of him. Quite frankly, he wasn't considered "so nice" by his female friends before the bombing - simply laid back, stoned and funny - a bit of a waste, but largely unremarkable. He might have been considered "cute" beforehand, but he did not have a fan club. Only after being accused of the bombing did he attain any real popularity. Only then did girls come out of the woodwork claiming to be his "good friends" and writing fawning commentaries about him. Before this, he was nothing much.

The media didn't help any of this by interviewing anyone who would stand still and claim to be a good friend of his. They staked out our campus for a couple of weeks after the bombing. Some of the REAL young adults involved in this - involved in the sense that they had thought DT to be someone they knew - are still in counseling and probably will be for a long time. Those are the ones not giving interviews to the media, not forming online fan clubs, but just trying to understand this horrible part of human nature.

ITA, I'm trying to picture a judge/jury with any sympathy for his police shootout scars, especially after his delimbed victims bravely face him for victim impact statements if that's allowed, or at least as witnesses to his crimes.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...sical-state/mmDAAhUJXnSywGGVVzEG3M/story.html

...... it would use the photo evidence to challenge whether he was fit enough to voluntarily provide statements to investigators just after his arrest, according to the filing.

Well IMO if Jeff Bauman, photographed in a pool of blood with bones and arteries hanging onto the pavement was "fit enough" to provide statements including a complete description of the bomber and his backpack, then DT with a head, hand and neck injury (full capable of driving and climbing into and out of boats) after receiving medical care was "fit enough" to spit out a confession.

Perhaps after they show the pictures of DT, they can roll a slide show of all of his victims laying on the ground with missing legs.

This is what clinches it for me....

How many innocent people run from cops, kill a cop, throw bombs and shoot at cops??????

Their actions AFTER their photos were released is all the "evidence" I need to come up with an opinion on guilt.

I'm pretty opened minded, but I'm not blind.

I do not disagree with you that their actions AFTER being identified were suspicious but now I question if the Feds have all the evidence they need to convict him (as stated by other WS members) if this was the case, why would they now be requesting more time to indite DT? This would indicate they do not yet have a sufficient evidence to convict DT of the charges at this stage of the investigation. Allegedly they have 3 confessions, all the footage from the marathon, and evidence from the dorm room?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rathon-bombing-suspect-Dzhokhar-Tsarnaev.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214