Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was posted already .. but here it is with the pic .........

------

Orlando man killed by FBI had confessed to role in Mass. triple murder, authorities say

Man knew Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, friend says

1:14 PM EDT May 22, 2013

Todashev--Ibragim-clean-jpg.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla. —An FBI agent shot and killed a man early Wednesday morning in Orlando who had ties to one of the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings, the FBI has confirmed.

According to officials, a special agent and two Massachusetts State Police troopers were interviewing the suspect regarding his connections to bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev and other extremists. The suspect, identified by the FBI as Ibragim Todashev, was originally cooperative, but he was shot after attacking the agent, the FBI said.

Investigators said Todashev confessed to the FBI that he played a role in a triple murder in 2011 in which three men were murdered in an apartment in Waltham, Mass. Their throats had been cut, and their bodies were covered with marijuana, authorities said. No suspects had been arrested in that case, but officials were investigating whether Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who knew at least one of the victims, was involved.

Investigators said Todashev attacked the agent with a knife as he was about to sign the confession.

A friend of Todashev, Khusn Taramiv, said Todashev, 27, was being investigated for his connection to Tsarnaev because both had lived in Boston and were MMA fighters.

Taramiv claims he and Todashev were interviewed by the FBI for nearly three hours on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/central-fl...do/-/12978032/20249908/-/s0twg9z/-/index.html

"Jared Morse, who lives near Todashev's apartment, said he had been watching an NBA game when he heard loud bangs that sounded like gunfire.
"It's crazy, especially in this neighborhood," Morse said as he walked his dog. "Nothing like this ever happens here.""

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/22/man-fatally-shot-by-fbi-agent-in-florida/#ixzz2U2mWAN8b

I wouldn't rely on this article for all my facts because there are some statements that don't correspond with what Ibrahim's friend actually said in interviews done by other news people BUT, I did find it interesting that this article includes a statement by a neighbor saying he had heard SHOTS (plural). Sorry, BANGS (plural).

I don't find multiple shots odd at all. Especially if it was a violent attack/struggle as it seems from reports.

Sounds to me like the agent was in a fight for his life.

This guy obviously had temper issues, as we've seen in the police report from the parking lot incident earlier this month.

I'm looking forward to finding out exactly what happened in that apartment. I have a feeling this was somewhat planned. Why else would he have a knife?

Ibragim Todashev has a facebook page if anyone is interested, but I don't think I can post the link. You can find it easily.

Ibragim Todashev has a facebook page if anyone is interested, but I don't think I can post the link. You can find it easily.

I think as long as you can verify it's his FB there shouldn't be a problem posting it. I don't see it or I'm spelling it wrong or I would post it myself.

Did Ibragim Todashev live in Boston in 2011, or was he visiting Boston? I can find nothing on him in intellius.

This article says he visited Boston, but doesn't give a date.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_...iend-ibrahim-todashev-killed-in-fbi-shootout/

The following article says he trained at the same martial arts center as TT:
http://cbc-radio.com/national/c8518c0aff6ffb2a66214882fe59f909

Todashev and Tamerlan Tsarnaev both fought mixed martial arts in the name of Boston's Wai Kru gym, where one of the 2011 triple murder victims, Brendan Mess, also trained, according to law enforcement officials.

Looks like (from the picture) that the dude who got shot by FBI .. had a badly broken nose some time in the past ...

Probably liked fighting....

Same as older bomber ... People from Chechnia, Dagestan etc like fighting - boxing, wrestling, marcial arts (UFC for example) etc.....

Sounds like he was the second man, in the Waltham apartment. I had thought that it was DT. So the 3 men were selling weed to DT, and it made TT angry, and he killed them. That sounds right to me, with the symbolism of the money and weed.

A question for those who know the ins and outs of LE, why would 2 state troopers have been there with the FBI agent? (In BostonMoms article upthread)

Todashev was a MMA person, so was Brendan Mess one of the ones killed in the Waltham murders. They did say that the 3 killed must have know their killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx