Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, it doesn't mean that it's okay to do something like that if you have reasons. But as he is a suspect and looking at his previous behaviour and attitudes it doesn't seem like he had any real reason to do something like this. Meaning, he lacked a strong reason such as anger or the desire to hurt people or seek revenge. He didn't show any signs of that. The older brother, I'm not so sure... but just the fact of how completely normal he was acting afterwards. He should have been afraid of being caught, he wouldn't have been so relaxed if he had really done it... after being such a calm and nice guy as his friends call him.
I also find it suspicious about the death of Ibragim Todashev and how his roommate Tatiana Gruzdeva was caught for overstaying her visa so they were going to be deport her but now instead she is held in custody. She is unable to speak to anyone, I guess because she is a witness to the murder. Although I guess it's not called "murder" since the FBI did it and when they do it's okay.
I'm not saying I believe everything is a conspiracy by the US government or that they had actors pretending to get hurt. I'm not saying none of it happened. I just feel that something isn't right here. When all of his friends and family don't believe it, it just seems like they are silent screams that mean nothing in the face of the masses and it seems wrong to me that even after he pleaded not guilty that no one is listening to them or what they have to say.

<snip>
I also find it suspicious about the death of Ibragim Todashev and how his roommate Tatiana Gruzdeva was caught for overstaying her visa so they were going to be deport her but now instead she is held in custody. She is unable to speak to anyone, I guess because she is a witness to the murder. <snip>.

How do you know she isn't able to speak to anyone? Sorry I know this belongs in the other forum.

So, everyone here believes he is guilty?
I find it a little bit scary how everyone is so hungry to have him punished without seeming to require any solid evidence that proves he is guilty. Have we forgotten that everyone deserves a fair trial? Have we forgotten the words "innocent until proven guilty."?
The stories in this case tend to be confusing and change a lot. Why did they tell us at first that Dzhokhar had tried to kill himself and had shot himself in the throat and was unable to speak? Maybe because they didn't want him to speak, but conveniently enough they'd found a written confession on the walls of the boat. With what tool did he write this confession with? A pen or marker he happened to find? It's very suspicious to me. In the end, they said actually he was unarmed in the boat and had not shot himself in the throat after all.
I find this entire case to be amazingly unfair and biased. All of the media is selectively wording things to promote more fear and hatred towards him. Most of the articles are full of theories and assumptions, yet lack any real evidence.
They'll say things like he was smiling and blowing kisses in court when in actuality he was blowing kisses to his crying sisters. And for anyone who believes he is innocent, they have labelled his "disgusting fan club". Right, because we all know how disgusting it is to disagree with the mainstream media. Personally, I find the unfairness of it all and the extreme bias on the part of the media and the willingness to accept all of it without question more disgusting than the fan club and rollingstone cover put together.
Why is it that none of his family or friends believe he is guilty?
Did you know that he went out to a party one night in between when the bombings happened and when he was labelled a suspect? His friends said he seemed normal and relaxed.
You'd think a 19 year old who had just planted a bomb and killed a few people for the first time in his life would be anything but relaxed. And why would you go home after doing something like that and immediately go on twitter? He posted the evening of the bombings, "Ain't no love in the city tonight, stay safe people".
He had no angry or aggressive behaviour prior to the bombings. He grew up most of his life in the United States. He worked as a life guard and I heard somewhere he wanted to change his major to Nursing. Usually when people do something terrible they have very strong reasons for doing so. If they lack reasons, they usually have psychological issues. But the only psychological issues I see here are the ones the US media is inflicting on it's viewers- by promoting fear and encouraging hate.
And why is it that the FBI Killed Ibragim Todashev? What is the explanation for that? Why is it that more people have died during the investigation of these bombings than at the bombings themselves?

Thank you!!! And welcome!!! :welcome:

I hope you continue to post here!

I, like yourself, choose to keep my eyes and mind open until this develops further. We haven't even reached a trial yet! I find it particularly peculiar that the most patriotic Americans that stand for the constitution will completely ignore the complex purpose of the US justice system and what it's all about!

JMO.

I agree completely, Valentina. These days it seems like the media spins the story to fit their agenda (ratings) instead of just reporting the solid facts. I also believe that every entity of our government should have checks and balances...ie, a neutral party also participating in the investigation. Especially when there is a homicide involved.
Does anyone know whether there is a policy in place for conducting more than just an "internal review" when it comes to the FBI? The shooting of Todashev bothers me a lot because if the FBI is the only ones performing an investigation, how do we assure the report is unbiased? I mean, we hope that it is. But corruption happens in every facet of society and government. From a liability standpoint, it seems the FBI would welcome another investigation independent of their own. I believe that ethically, we owe that to the victims families. If my brother or family member had been interviewed and shot, I'd definitely want to know what happened and why it happened.

Agreed!!! And thank you!

Thank you!!! And welcome!!! :welcome:

I hope you continue to post here!

I, like yourself, choose to keep my eyes and mind open until this develops further. We haven't even reached a trial yet! I find it particularly peculiar that the most patriotic Americans that stand for the constitution will completely ignore the complex purpose of the US justice system and what it's all about!

JMO.

I don't believe there is any doubt he was involved in the bombings. The mystery is why? This was totally out of his character. Most Americans want to know why someone who was allowed entry into the United States for protective reasons would turn around and kill innocent civilians who were there to watch the runners only for political reasons. There was nothing political about it. Americans have the right to be angry and express their opinions. They are just opinions right or wrong. They also have the right to wait until the trial to see the justice system work. I imagine many people have enough information to know this young man was involved in the bombing and the shooting of a police officer.

Either way the legal process he will go through is what is important and not what our opinions are either way. WS's is a good place to vent. What will be interesting is if he explains why he got involved in his brother's plan in the first place and did not turn him in to authorities? jmo

I don't believe there is any doubt he was involved in the bombings. The mystery is why? This was totally out of his character. Most Americans want to know why someone who was allowed entry into the United States for protective reasons would turn around and kill innocent civilians who were there to watch the runners only for political reasons. There was nothing political about it. Americans have the right to be angry and express their opinions. They are just opinions right or wrong. They also have the right to wait until the trial to see the justice system work. I imagine many people have enough information to know this young man was involved in the bombing and the shooting of a police officer.

Either way the legal process he will go through is what is important and not what our opinions are either way. WS's is a good place to vent. What will be interesting is if he explains why he got involved in his brother's plan in the first place and did not turn him in to authorities? jmo

I agree. But some Americans are insisting we burn him alive! Let the justice system take its course. They also can't believe why others, such as myself, would have a differing opinion. Just because we have a differing opinion it doesn't meant we feel any less sympathy and sadness to all the victims involved. There is significance as to WHY and HOW, which relates back to my post about brainwashing. 19 years old is by no means young, but it is certainly still a developing brain for a young man. A young 19 year old boy, without his parents around, under the guidence of a brother slipping further into radical Islam is not going to end well. He WAS a prime candidate for brainwashing. He has no network in America, he was possibly under the impression he had no real future, some mental disconnect to the real world. Coercion into sinister terrorist involvement, without any true understanding the consequences. 19 year old boys are not that bright! Sorry, I love boys, have many young ones around me, but they are on a different wave length. Without adqeuate upbringing they are targets for this type of brainwashing.

But like you said, our opinions mean little, the US justice system will take its course. Nothing that is said here will change that. Good thinking. JMO

I must have missed the burning alive posts.

I agree. But some Americans are insisting we burn him alive! Let the justice system take its course. They also can't believe why others, such as myself, would have a differing opinion. Just because we have a differing opinion it doesn't meant we feel any less sympathy and sadness to all the victims involved. There is significance as to WHY and HOW, which relates back to my post about brainwashing. 19 years old is by no means young, but it is certainly still a developing brain for a young man. A young 19 year old boy, without his parents around, under the guidence of a brother slipping further into radical Islam is not going to end well. He WAS a prime candidate for brainwashing. He has no network in America, he was possibly under the impression he had no real future, some mental disconnect to the real weird. Coercion into sinister terrorist involvement, without any true understanding the consequences. 19 year old boys are not that bright! Sorry, I love boys, have many young ones around me, but they are on a different wave length. Without adqeuate upbringing they are targets for this type of brainwashing.

But like you said, our opinions mean little, the US justice system will take its course. Nothing that is said here will change that. Good thinking. JMO

Oh dear, I did not mean our opinions mean little, far from it. lol Just that opinions are opinions and important to the person who has them. Initially after an attack of this nature people react. It's human nature. DT is in custody and the process has started. We just have to wait. Those who expressed a wish to "burn him alive" are just reacting to a situation they have no control over. That is all it is, talk and a way for them to deal with what has happened. This, too, shall pass. Now if they were to start dropping piles of wood off at the Federal Court House, then I would worry. jmo

Same same but different.

Here's the thing though. I don't think it is serving this case very well to have two different, and extreme opposite, opinions constantly going at it on this thread.

I do not ever feel the need to seek revenge or spew out hatred on a suspect ( and I only say suspect because he hasn't been through he process, although as LambChop and others have stated, it's fairly apparent he is guilty and he has probably said so himself). I also don't like it when people go on and on about wanting evil done to people who they think have done evil. What purpose does this serve? For instance, I think one have to be a bit weird themselves to hope someone gets raped in prison or gets tortured.

On the other hand, I do not think it does any good to keep claiming people want to THROW away the constitution or burn people alive. Nor, as earlier posts claimed that the Govt somehow set the brothers up or whatever.

I don't come on this forum much anymore because the two extreme sides make it impossible to even discuss this case.

Here's the thing though. I don't think it is serving this case very well to have two different, and extreme opposite, opinions constantly going at it on this thread.

I do not ever feel the need to seek revenge or spew out hatred on a suspect ( and I only say suspect because he hasn't been through he process, although as LambChop and others have stated, it's fairly apparent he is guilty and he has probably said so himself). I also don't like it when people go on and on about wanting evil done to people who they think have done evil. What purpose does this serve? For instance, I think one have to be a bit weird themselves to hope someone gets raped in prison or gets tortured.

On the other hand, I do not think it does any good to keep claiming people want to THROW away the constitution or burn people alive. Nor, as earlier posts claimed that the Govt somehow set the brothers up or whatever.

I don't come on this forum much anymore because the two extreme sides make it impossible to even discuss this case.

BBM: This is true. It serves no good purpose to express those types of "wishes" and does discourage others from discussing their opinions openly. This is just my own opinion but I do feel this will be a very interesting case to discuss and I would hope everyone will think twice before venting in their posts. I know all the MODS will be grateful and most of all me because I enjoy posting here myself. jmo

Thanks for the welcome :)

I guess I am crazy because I don't really see how it's "fairly apparent" that he is guilty. They say they have a video, they say he wrote a confession, they say he confessed. So I guess if you believe what "they say" then yes, we have the evidence and it's apparent he is guilty. If you're like me and have this strange, unusual need for actual evidence, then maybe not so much.

but we have to wait for the evidence during the trial. Just like most of the cases on here. IMO for me I dont care why he did it. If he is guilty, gets a fair trial and there is evidence then he should be punished to the full extent of the law. He is not the only mass murderer in U.S. history. He is not the first or the last angry young person that wants to take out their issues on innocent people.

Thanks for the welcome :)

I guess I am crazy because I don't really see how it's "fairly apparent" that he is guilty. They say they have a video, they say he wrote a confession, they say he confessed. So I guess if you believe what "they say" then yes, we have the evidence and it's apparent he is guilty. If you're like me and have this strange, unusual need for actual evidence, then maybe not so much.

My guess is that the FBI has that, all of it.

The general public have enough information to know he did flee LE. He did, in fact, take off in a vehicle running over his brother in the process. What convinces me of his involvement is that he never turned his brother in to LE. Had he done so his brother might still be alive today and the bombing never would have happened. It is one thing to turn your back and ignore what someone plans to do without saying anything and quite another to join them. He bares that responsibility, solely. That he cannot deny. jmo

My guess is that the FBI has that, all of it.

The general public have enough information to know he did flee LE. He did, in fact, take off in a vehicle running over his brother in the process. What convinces me of his involvement is that he never turned his brother in to LE. Had he done so his brother might still be alive today and the bombing never would have happened. It is one thing to turn your back and ignore what someone plans to do without saying anything and quite another to join them. He bares that responsibility, solely. That he cannot deny. jmo

Also it just so happens that they had a "pressure cooker" bomb in Watertown the same that was used at the marathon! There is no doubt of their involvement!

Also it just so happens that they had a "pressure cooker" bomb in Watertown the same that was used at the marathon! There is no doubt of their involvement!

And this is considered an act of terrorism so the "why" part of DT's participation is important to know.

ITA!

That on top of many other things.
They are 100% guilty IMO.

The sympathy for this terrorist is disgusting IMO.

He will get his day in court because this is America.
Same reason I can have an opinion that I hope he gets a needle in his arm.
I have that right.

Still praying for justice for his victims.

Do you believe your government never lies to you or never tries to cover things up? To believe they wouldn't do that is naive. It's seeming more and more that all governments are corrupt but the US happens to be very good at hiding it and appearing fair. They're incredibly smart. But just because those in power say this kid is guilty doesn't mean he is. They have the power to provide evidence, even where there is none. They have the power to control the general population through the media using simple psychological methods. I don't want to sound like too much of a conspiracy theorist but along with all of the examples of changing stories and holes in the case, I feel that Dzhokhar's behaviour is not one of a psychopath, or a terrorist. Just because his friends and family do not have authority or expertise doesn't mean their views mean nothing. They were the ones who knew him. He pleads not guilty but why would we listen to what he has to say, right? When we have the media to tell us what he's thinking? He did not have any personality disorder, he didn't have any psychological disorder, he wasn't even an angry person. It just doesn't add up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back