Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #5 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News conference coming up soon per fox.

Ask media to meet for live news conference.

I don't have a answer about me I know I would never hurt or murder someone. I'm a lover not a mean person :) I thought he would have killed himself earlier when his brother was deceased. I think he wanted to live.

IMO, they definately wanted to live. Otherwise, they would have used suicide vests for the marathon.
I hope the feds can get some good intel from this dirtbag.

Suspect WAS injured and enroute to one of two hospitals "with injuries."

3 other suspects, again, were taken into custody "for questioning" when search warrant served on house in New Bedford, MA this afternoon.

Do they know if the 3 suspects in New Bedford are related professionally or personally to the two marathon bombing suspects?

Great job done by everyone involved in catching him!

Oh gosh. I can't support that.

I totally understand questioning them. I'm glad they did!! But arresting them? Just for being friends with someone? That's much more serious. People are meant to be "detained by a law enforcement officer due to a violation of law or a court order" ... and being friends with someone doesn't mean you've violated the law :( .

bbm: there is NO evidence that anyone questioned was arrested.

I have seen several live reports of questioning
I just want to clarify that I think questioning is great. It's responsible and it's what I'd hope would happen.

I disagree with them being arrested if their only 'crime' was that they were friends with him.

I can only imagine the LE presence at that Hospital he is being treated at

I totally understand questioning them. I'm glad they did!! But arresting them? Just for being friends with someone? That's much more serious. People are meant to be "detained by a law enforcement officer due to a violation of law or a court order" ... and being friends with someone doesn't mean you've violated the law :( .

also again: see scanner thread (bbm)

Link? They really took his friends into custody, just for being friends with him?

I heard on CNN live (on TV) earlier (about 30 minutes before arrest) that a search warrant had been served on a residence in New Bedford, MA, "affiliated with the suspect" (I believe they alluded to 'college housing') and they took 2 males and 1 female into custody for the purpose of questioning. They were careful not to say they were suspects; just that they were persons of interest (maybe just questioning for inside info about the suspect).

I just want to clarify that I think questioning is great. It's responsible and it's what I'd hope would happen.

I disagree with them being arrested if their only 'crime' was that they were friends with him.

do you have a link saying they were arrested????

Nobody asked you to have sympathy or compassion or even empathy for the suspects. All of us, including you, are entitled to our own feelings. Like love (or hate), compassion is an instinctual feeling.

Just don't make it seem like those of us who have compassion for the suspects' history of family plights have no right to feel the way we do just because you don't. And just because we have compassion for a person's past ordeals doesn't mean we accept, condone or take joy/pride in or even forgive their evil actions.

I still recall my philosophy professor eons ago asking, "If you see a child about to fall into a deep water well, would you instinctively want to save him or would you have to consider whether s/he was a good/bad child before doing so? Again, compassion is felt out of instinct, and not produced only after careful, deliberate thought assessment.

Bravo. Well said!

Interesting. Just heard on CNN that the 19 yr old went to Dartmouth and is still registered there. Yet, his older brother went to a community college. Dartmouth ain't cheap - which might go along with the Louis Vuitton shoes. Where did he get his money? I heard today that they (bros) were broke and therefore, couldn't flee. But now I hear one went to Dartmouth.

This is nuts...

JMHO

Not Dartmouth. UMass Dartmouth in Ma. Dartmouth is in NH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Locals must be wanting some beears, a hogie and and are watching the haaaper at the local baaaar!

People in the US are allowed to be detained for public safety reasons. They are not "arrested" in the sense that they are formally charged with any crime, nor are they taken in with handcuffs.

No bomb vest, came out alive. Really says to me older brother was the brains of the operation. I'm glad he's alive so I hope we can get information out of him about the motive, and any other friends of theirs that may have the same ideas.
I agree with everything you said.

If they were arrested after a search warrant was served, I could see it. Maybe they really look like suspects with a capital S given the early evidence? It's not to say that they can't be let go if they can clear up whatever the question is (IF it was an actual arrest).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member