Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #5 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they can get some good intel from him. As for the Boston bombing - they really don't need to talk to him much - they have him on film with the bomb, placing the bomb, and even have another person that both of them confessed to him that they were the bombers.

Now hearing he was on that boat for 8 or 9 hours. He is hurt and hoping the doctors will be able to save him - said he was loosing a lot of blood. I switched to ABC and that's where I just heard that all.

JMHO

I want to thank the lady who noticed the ladder going to the boat and had enough sense to call police. This lead to the arrest of the alleged killer.

Three people from New Bedford were NOT arrested. Only taken into custody for questioning. Allowable under law.

Thank you.

I guess it's a language thing. Here, 'taken into custody' means 'arrested for violating the law' (LE needs legal proof before someone can be taken into custody). Taken in for questioning is totally different.

Thanks for explaining the difference in the US system.

also again: see scanner thread (bbm)

Why do people keep telling others to see the scanner thread when they ask basic legit questions like "why are they taking his friends into custody"? Every time someone posts this I end up reading 10 or more pages of random "the dinner truck is here" and "where is bob" transcriptions and there is zero chance of actually getting the answer to the relatively simple question without sifting through an evening of radio chatter. Is it really against guidelines to use the combined knowledge of 8 hours of police chatter to answer a basic question about the case?

This livestream is one of the most incredible things I've ever seen. Since the arrest, the residents have poured out into the streets, they're lining each side, and as the police cars leave, they're cheering and clapping and yelling. It's just amazing.

http://www.necn.com/pages/necn_streampage

It's NECN Boston. They cut away for brief interviews, and every time they go back, the people are still there clapping and cheering.

I've never listened to a police scanner that intently, for that long (pretty much all day).

Scanner thread earned it's Wheaties today.

My brother is safe!!! He just said "Watch. baby boom in 9 months. Everybody named a variation of Boston". lol

I thought about that too! Everyone locked in their homes...only one thing to do! Lol

Please only let these 2 be involved!!! :please: :please: :please:

Hey, ABC is talking about the robot now. They used the robot to rip off the tarp on the boat. Also used the robot to watch him. Said he was very weak and once they realized that they moved in and took him.

JMHO

Everyone is already drinking. I feel such relief! I really hope this is over. Too many people will be out celebrating tonight and tomorrow.

I've never listened to a police scanner that intently, for that long (pretty much all day).

Scanner thread earned it's Wheaties today.

It was riveting. I'm exhausted from all the adrenaline surges.

http://www.abc6.com/story/22028344/report-3-arrested-in-new-bedford-in-connection-to-bombing-suspect

Report: 3 arrested in New Bedford in connection to bombing suspect
Posted: Apr 19, 2013 4:57 PM PDT
Updated: Apr 19, 2013 5:14 PM PDT
By Dee DeQuattro

snip

"Police apprehended suspects from the Hidden Brook Apartments on Carriage Drive in New Bedford. Neighbors say they think that the girlfriend of 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev may have lived in the complex and they have seen him in the area as recently as yesterday."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member