Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #5 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine the possibility of the same EMS, doctors and nurses that treated the victims will maybe also treat this Suspect? I don't think that scenario would or could happen in too many other places. (No offense intended for those of other countries, I'm just feeling relieved and patriotic :)

That's what makes Americans (yes, I'm proud to be one) great. I think it's rather amazing.

I don't really understand that? I think that is exactly what happens in any civilised country.

Even my husband, if he takes a war prisoner that they have injured, must try to save their life.

Well, let's see. If he didn't want to be caught alive, why didn't he shoot himself or do suicide by cop?

You'd have to agree that he certainly wasn't thinking ooh, I have all these weapons and ammunition, why not turn them on myself so the authorities can't catch me, now, was he? :woohoo: So that means he obviously wanted to be captured and obviously he's not unintelligent, so he knew he'd get punished, right?

Also, if you think about it, if he was setting out to kill as many people as possible in Watertown, why didn't he use IEDs and hand grenades on everyone in the homes, and/or do a suicide bombing? And why didn't he kill the owner of the car he and his brother stole?

As I said in a much earlier post, he (and his now deceased brother) obviously wants notoriety and he is obviously trying to make some type of social statement. I even gave examples of what I thought their messages were. What do you think they are?

The will to live can be very strong. I think he did want to kill more people (I think him and his brother were planting bombs around MIT) but he did not want to die himself. If you aren't suicidal, I imagine it would be very difficult to kill yourself. Even if you were going to spend the rest of your life in a cell.

By the way he acted after the bombing, it seems he didn't think he was going to be caught. If he is delusional about that, perhaps he doesn't realize the full extent of what his life is going to be like from this point forward. If we are going to try to make him out as some naive boy, then I don't see why it's impossible to think that he doesn't truly *get* what is ahead.

As for their message, I'm thinking something about Chechnya. I don't really understand though because it's not like the US is really involved in the Chechnya conflict. Another part of me wonders if they just did it for fun. Well, I'm sure it was fun but maybe there wasn't some political message behind it, but I guess that's not likely.

:waitasec: I think they did...
2nd shootout with suspect was at about 7pm...

I may be wrong though!

I heard in the scanner thread they were firing rubber pellets at the boat? Maybe I was hearing things.

According to local coverage, jubilent Bostonians are heading out to the bars...

Way to promote a stereotype, lol.

Well hey, they have to make up for some of the $333 million that Boston lost for being shut down for a day. ;)

Well goodnight all,

Blessings in all forms to the families that have been affected in this horrible act.

That picture of him getting arrested... he has one of those CPR masks on (that protect the person giving CPR from vital fluids) ... wonder if he was even conscious.

I don't believe it was a CPR mask - I believe it was an O2 mask. I've seen/used the CPR masks, and they're shaped a bit differently than a normal O2 mask (which I've also seen and used).

Could be wrong, though...but I believe that it was just a regular O2 shooter that was on there.

I hope he survives, so that justice can move forward, and the victims can face the man who destroyed their lives in his attempt to take their lives...and so that the families forever changed can say to him whatever they need to say to him.

Best-
Herding Cats

I know that the rights of a person who is suspected of a terrorist acts are not the same as the ususal rights of a suspect of a crime here in the U.S. Not needing to give the Miranda warning is apparently one of the things not needed. I really don't know what the other differences are, BUT

This guy is now hospitalized. I wonder if in the course of treating him for his injuries authorities would be allowed to see to it that he is administered a drug called sodium pentathol? Or something else like that?

I realize that since Dick Cheney is not longer in charge that he cannot be waterboarded...

Man went into backyard after being inside all day. Saw blood on boat. Looked in boat and saw bloody suspect. Called 911.

I wonder if he had been in there all day/night???

If I would have seen the blood on the boat, I would have freaked and called 911. I could not have taken the chance of looking inside the boat under the circumstances.

In my early twenties, my house was broken into by a neighbor (teen) boy. I could tell something was wrong when I walked into the house, however I didn't have the sense to run outside and call the police from another phone. (And, we didn't have cell phones back then;-)

So, I called the police from my landline phone while inside my house. When the police arrived, a very nice officer told me to ALWAYS leave if you think someone has been in your house because they could still be in there! Something I hadn't thought about at the time because I was so enraged that someone had had the audacity to break in!

Ever since then, my instinct has been to run first!

POTUS discussing Texas as well. Everyone will get the aid and resources they need.

The briefing room at the White House is small. It looks bigger on TV. There are cameras set up on one end and the ceiling is black and very high. Acoustics are state of the art. Lighting is fixed and very bright for obvious reasons.

I get bragging rights.

I could not sleep last night and woke up at 3 o'clock in the morning .. went on to my tapatalk for WS ;) and have not been back to sleep pants

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I Think I might be the winner. I have been up since Thursday, 9 a.m.

And have spent a lot of those 37 hours on the scanner thread.

:drumroll::drumroll::drumroll:

Nite, all.

Boston Strong, LE Proud and glad to live in the USA, USA, USA

No scanner stuff upstairs. Ever. :blowkiss: Will you edit your post?

You guys have a great President. He speaks so well. What a beautiful speech, it really did say everything so well.

LE can detain a person if there is "reasonable suspicion" that a crime has been committed. Unfortunately for the innocent friends of these perps, due to the magnitude of the perps' crimes, in order to protect the public welfare LE may detain their friends and associates to determine whether they were involved, wittingly or unwittingly, in the crimes.

LE can only arrest a person if there is "probable cause" to believe that a crime has been committed (in this case, arrest will result if LE finds/establishes probable cause that the friends/associates participated in the crime).

Thanks to our amazing 5th Amendment to the Constitution, anyone interacting with LE may invoke their right to remain silent at any time during an LE interaction, and invoking said right cannot be used as evidence against the person being questioned.

But there are exceptions talked about. And this one was. he was not read his Miranda rights.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member