Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A senior congressional aide privy to the Boston Marathon terror investigation confirmed Saturday that the FBI had been warned about alleged bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev as far back as 2011, when his apparently suspicious activities prompted Russian authorities keeping close surveillance on militant Islamic groups in the Caucasus region of the former Soviet Union to contact US counterterrorism officials about him.

The 26-year-old suspected terrorist, who was killed in a firefight with police in Watertown early Friday morning, traveled to Russia from Boston several times in recent years, according to multiple US officials who have reviewed his passport file - including an extended stay in 2012.

“If the FBI lost track of him, why wasn’t he more scrutinized?” asked the congressional aide, who said oversight committees are seeking answer from counter-terrorism officials. “Who was the guy talking to when he went over to Russia? Was he getting training over there?

“The FBI had this guy on the radar and somehow he fell off” the official added, who like the others were not authorized to speak publicly. “We heard for several days leading up to this there was no intelligence. Now we know there could have been intelligence.”

much more at link
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ing-suspect/4Y2FWnRnrJcRGzywawzVyO/story.html

IMO, if Jeff Bauman had not ID'd the older brother, LE would not have found them as quickly, their photos would not have been distributed as quickly, and more people would have been hurt and/or killed. He absolutely deserves some of the reward money.

Didn't the guy in the cowboy hat save his life? or do I have the wrong guy?:facepalm:

Wouldn't it be wonderful is someone donated prosthetic limbs for the rest of his life....

:)

I run Keen Home Medical, A Durable Medical Equipment business. When Jeff returns home I would like to supply him with an electric bed, high end mattress, wheelchair, high end cushion, crutches and whatever else he may need that I have access to for free. Stay Strong.

I copied this from his gofund page. Things are looking up for him. Bless him. Also I seen on the facebook supportpage a guy had offered to mow the lawn for his parents throughout the summer.

It was pitch black dark...
They threw pipe bombs and a pressure cooker at them...

TT ran out of bullets.

Wonder why they were JUST going after TT?
Seems like they would try and get both of them/split up ya know?

AND in their defense they worked their :behind: off
they were probably not on their best game :hypno::hypno:

If JT was headed for the officers and his brother, sounds like he was trying to kill all of them?
I have no idea if he was in a cul-de-sac or what tho.
moo

You're right, and that makes it even more weird. They were in two cars, #1 exited his car while #2 was still in his, #1/#2/both threw bombs at LE. LE was actively firing at both of them -heck, they hit #2 in the neck and leg, and the recordings sounding like a war scene with the barrage of gunfire, #1 exposes himself by charging them with a gun, and gets almost arms length from cops actively shooting guns at him - essentially suicide by cop - but they had to tackle him? And he was still alive when his brother ran over him?

I don't mean to sound cynical, but that doesn't ring true to me. I'm interested to read more of the details as they come out. It could just be garbled media reporting.

wow! two of the three people that were detained yesterday were taken into custody just around 4 pm local time according to this article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/2-pals-accused-boston-bomber-custody-article-1.1323004

Not to make light of this, but this horror is awash in men wearing gray hoodies.

Well apparently he's well enough to travel...

father21n-1-web1_zps48a3a910.jpg

"Somebody clearly framed them," Anzor Tsarnaev said in an interview with Reuters. "I don't know who exactly framed them, but they did."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/bomb-suspects-father-believes-sons-framed-article-1.1322901

I think the father needs to try and say that to victim whose legs were blown off, the one his son made eyecontact with before placing the backpack near the victim's feet!

Hes going to a federal penitentiary. MA cant afford the cost of trying to keep him alive as well as guarding him from possible copycats who want to spring him.

He will be in some undisclosed location known to the govt and his lawyer I bet.

What mom looks at her beautiful baby and sees a terrorist? His family and friends have to be in shock.

I want him to live and answer questions-I think the chances are slim to none that he will be able to resist giving whatever information he has. And not because I think he will be tortured-he is young, hurt and isolated. He has perpetrated and witnessed horrific violence in the last 5 days. He is going to talk.

A Watertown resident, Andrew Kitzenberg, 29, said he looked out his third-floor window to see two young men of slight build engaged in “constant gunfire” with police officers. A police vehicle “drove towards the shooters,” he said, and was shot at until it was severely damaged. It rolled out of control, Mr. Kitzenberg said, and crashed into two cars in his driveway. The gunmen, he said, had a large, unwieldy bomb that he said looked “like a pressure cooker.”

“They lit it, still in the middle of the gunfire, and threw it,” he said. “But it went 20 yards at most.” It exploded, he said, and one man ran toward the gathered police officers. He was tackled, but it was not clear if he was shot, Mr. Kitzenberg said.

(from http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/us/boston-marathon-bombings.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&)

This makes it a lot clearer. They threw the pressure cooker bomb and probably in the confusion, #1 was able to run toward LE, and he was probably almost on top of them so they jumped on him.

Man, these men did want to go like "martyrs". Crazy.

His family will defend them. I dont think they should be vilified for that, although my preference is that they encourage him to tell everything he knows. Every last bit of it.

This is infuriating!! He should have been on their radar. I think we have become complacent alittle after 9/11. I guess not anymore.

I think we need to consider just how many people FBI has on their radar. Also, keep tabs on him would not have prevented what happened. There's no way Feds could have babysat these brothers. Often the way it goes is nothing is done/can be done until actual harm occurs!

It's hard understanding that father. Parenting is alot more than coming to defend your kids when they are clearly in the wrong. I doubt these brothers ever did any wrong in the fathers eyes.

That is interesting that older brother ran towards police and was tackled. It is even more interesting to me that younger brother took the opportunity to flee instead of standing his ground.

He definitely didnt want to die I think. I dont even think it was suicide by cop for him yesterday. I think he was tired, hurt and didnt want to die.

I think we need to consider just how many people FBI has on their radar. Also, keep tabs on him would not have prevented what happened. There's no way Feds could have babysat these brothers. Often the way it goes is nothing is done/can be done until actual harm occurs!

The older one could have been deported. Considering the domestic violence incident.

Maybe one of the brother's is smarter than he seems, but I dont think they planned this themselves at all. It was a lot of planning and studying. Sure, they made the explosives maybe, but I dont know about the rest. I am a fan of the sleeper cell theory and these two did the heavy lifting. JMO.

I run Keen Home Medical, A Durable Medical Equipment business. When Jeff returns home I would like to supply him with an electric bed, high end mattress, wheelchair, high end cushion, crutches and whatever else he may need that I have access to for free. Stay Strong.

I copied this from his gofund page. Things are looking up for him. Bless him. Also I seen on the facebook supportpage a guy had offered to mow the lawn for his parents throughout the summer.

Saw that about the lawn mowing last night. How wonderful someone wants to donate much needed medical supplies also. And there are so many other victims, besides Jeff, who will need a lot of help and support.

Awesome! The cost of the care that will be required by those who have lost a limb/limbs, including their everyday expenses (we all have to pay our way) is probably an unimaginable figure to most of us. As a home health nurse, I have seen it all too often and it is very very sad and frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties