Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is interesting that older brother ran towards police and was tackled. It is even more interesting to me that younger brother took the opportunity to flee instead of standing his ground.

He definitely didnt want to die I think. I dont even think it was suicide by cop for him yesterday. I think he was tired, hurt and didnt want to die.

It is interesting. I remember the guy who had the bullet hole come through his apartment saying the suspect charged at the officers and was throwing explosives at them.

This is infuriating!! He should have been on their radar. I think we have become complacent alittle after 9/11. I guess not anymore.

But even if he was on their radar, he made kitchen bombs, and deployed them in a backpack. Even if he had agents watching him, there's no way to guard against someone simply walking into a crowd with a weapon and using it. I can't imagine how many agents it would take to constantly physically or electronically tail each person who has ties to groups with extremist views. And even if they did, the marathon is on a wide open city street. Even if he was being actively watched, they'd see a man with a backpack walking down the street and thousands of others doing the same thing.

Short of having him deported before any of this happened - what could we have done to prevent a kitchen bomb? (same goes for a gun, or a knife, or arson, etc) Some things don't leave a big trail. :(

I have to wonder where the brothers "practiced" their bomb making and detonations? Did they just create the bombs they exploded at the marathon and hope that they would explode at the correct times, etc?

I want to know who was bankrolling these brothers?

Maybe one of the brother's is smarter than he seems, but I dont think they planned this themselves at all. It was a lot of planning and studying. Sure, they made the explosives maybe, but I dont know about the rest. I am a fan of the sleeper cell theory and these two did the heavy lifting. JMO.

The time the older brother recently spent in Russia is a huge factor, in my opinion. It was also mentioned just a few minutes ago on CNN that even with the training, there would have to be a few "dry runs" to ensure the bombs would detonate properly. I do agree with that. No one is going to "hope" his masterpiece works especially at such a public event as last Monday, however, it could have been much more deadly.

MOO

But even if he was on their radar, he made kitchen bombs, and deployed them in a backpack. Even if he had agents watching him, there's no way to guard against someone simply walking into a crowd with a weapon and using it. I can't imagine how many agents it would take to constantly physically or electronically tail each person who has ties to groups with extremist views. And even if they did, the marathon is on a wide open city street. Even if he was being actively watched, they'd see a man with a backpack walking down the street and thousands of others doing the same thing.

Short of having him deported before any of this happened - what could we have done to prevent a kitchen bomb? (same goes for a gun, or a knife, or arson, etc) Some things don't leave a big trail. :(

And why didn't they deport him?

Make this quick as I am driving. And in a rush.

I have gone by two flags that were not at half staff today. Just in the last five minutes I have pulled over and called both or talk to the manager.

We had a discussion on this on the thread last night so I thought I would say this.

And I have only gone five miles out of 30! I will start looking for flags!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Jeff Bauman Jr. Support Page - Boston Victim

Jeff's first Facebook post since the incident: "Think they can get me that easily. ...?"

1pm EST 4/20

Brought tears to my eyes. I remember first seeing him on the ground, on his side and it wasn't until I saw the pic the 2nd or third time did I realize what happened. How absolutely brutal! This could only be described as the work of a devil!

I guess I'm not thinking of the bombing itself,but the aftermath. I would like to think that the FBI has some sort of local database of people with suspected terrorist ties,even though they cleared him.(kinda like a sex offender register) In the immediate aftermath,maybe they would have found him sooner. Wouldn't have stopped the attack,but might have stopped what happened afterward.

Maybe one of the brother's is smarter than he seems, but I dont think they planned this themselves at all. It was a lot of planning and studying. Sure, they made the explosives maybe, but I dont know about the rest. I am a fan of the sleeper cell theory and these two did the heavy lifting. JMO.

Can we expand on this theory? Can we sort of back calculate what they planned versus what was spur of the moment so we can figure out how much planning and money would have gone into this?

1. The bombs - there were several, at least 3 larger ones (2 marathon, 1 in the firefight) and some smaller impact ones. But these aren't expensive or difficult to make, sadly. (little $$, little planning)

2. The guns - this might be where there is a trail. How did they get guns and rifles? MA has some pretty good hoops to jump through to register a gun here. Did either of them have a registered weapon? Where did the guns and rifles come from? And the ammo? (some/much $$, some planning)

3. The timing - I think they just picked a place and time where there was guaranteed to be a large crowd, showed up, agreed they'd be a block apart, parted, each planted their own, walked away a safe distance, detonated, then when the first brother heard the first bomb, the second detonates his.

4. Then they went home and #1 must have made more bombs while #2 went to school and tweeted crap and partied. (little $$, no planning)

5. MIT/carjacking - Did they have a plan to do more bombing, and got involved in the firefight first?

6. Suicide charge on police.

I don't know... it doesn't seem very sophisticated. But the guns and rifles they are supposed to have had would come from somewhere/someone.

This is infuriating!! He should have been on their radar. I think we have become complacent alittle after 9/11. I guess not anymore.

Probably because when they interviewed him he had the perfect excuse. He was visiting his father. If they didn't have anything any stronger than his visits to point to him, it would have seemed perfectly normal.

I find the triple murder very intriguing.
Throats slit?
Does that sound drug related? I would think they would have been shot if it were drug related.

Awesome! The cost of the care that will be required by those who have lost a limb/limbs, including their everyday expenses (we all have to pay our way) is probably an unimaginable figure to most of us. As a home health nurse, I have seen it all too often and it is very very sad and frustrating.

Well said. I agree he will probably need home modifications also and that is not cheap. He has amazing strength!

Probably because when they interviewed him he had the perfect excuse. He was visiting his father. If they didn't have anything any stronger than his visits to point to him, it would have seemed perfectly normal.

Except Russia warned US. Why would Russia be warning US if he were simply visiting his father?

I guess I'm not thinking of the bombing itself,but the aftermath. I would like to think that the FBI has some sort of local database of people with suspected terrorist ties,even though they cleared him.(kinda like a sex offender register) In the immediate aftermath,maybe they would have found him sooner. Wouldn't have stopped the attack,but might have stopped what happened afterward.

Maybe your'e right. I feel like things happened really quickly once they got a good visual image of the brothers. #1 was not clearly visible in a lot of the images because of the glasses and hat. And I feel like the FBI was on to these guys earlier than we knew. But still, I hear what you're saying.

Brought tears to my eyes. I remember first seeing him on the ground, on his side and it wasn't until I saw the pic the 2nd or third time did I realize what happened. How absolutely brutal! This could only be described as the work of a devil!

I recall the photo of him in the wheelchair but didn't realize there was also one of Jeff on the ground immediately after the blast.

And all he wanted to do was stand there at the finish line as his girlfriend finished the race.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member