Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice all the freaking BACKPACKS stacked up?

I carry a backpack. Everyone carries a backpack these days-it is cheaper and easier than attaches. Especially if you are a student. It is easier to hold onto when you travel public transit in major metropolitan areas. You can keep your gym clothes in it.

I am a little concerned that some themes keep running through this thread-one that the younger brother was stoned at some point or all points during this time. Two that the older brother is some how responsible for the triple murder that may have had a friend of his as a victim. Three that LE was negligent because they may have looked at the older brother in 2011 and they didnt pop him.

Addressing number 3 which bothers me the most: They couldnt. In the Boston area, in the greater New England area, there is a strong Islamic presence. You dont get thrown out of the country for having alternative religious views. It doesnt work that way. And we dont have such a surplus of FBI and Homeland Security in the country that everyone can be covered with 24/7 surveillance.

I am willing to bet that the ICE folks will be working overtime because of expired visas and the like here. The country in general is pretty relaxed about them.

If I wasnt as familiar with this case as the rest of you, I would be tempted to latch onto all of this rumor as fact. I think it is important to link or make it clear that you are speculating, but that is jmvho. At a minimum, it is worth doing the extra legwork to consider the sources of the information.

It's very common for people originally from foreign countries to travel back and forth quite frequently. I know of Americans who have family in Europe and own holiday apartments in these countries. Even a poor family would scrimp for these types of trips. It's just the way it is. These are not seen as vacations but more of going back to see the family. The several trips I've made usually involve little actual vacationing activities.

From what I have read it seems the boys were very adamant that no one see where thy lived because it seems they were quite ashamed - so they dressed nicely and had some nice things and cars but in reality lived in pretty dodgy conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't think there is any thing wrong or suspicious in their visiting their home countries. I just question the presumption that their circumstances were "dire" or impoverished. All MOO

So the apartment had plates of "half eaten food". Did they stop in the middle of dinner and decide to rob a 7-11? Didn't someone say the younger brother went to an ATM and got cash at some point?

Why go rob a c-store? They have camera systems and such.

They DIDNT rob a 7-11. They carjacked an SUV there. The robbery at the convenience store was the carjacking.

Just saw in the news that the London Marathon has just begun. I think they had a moment of silence for the Boston Marathon victims.

Very touching...

maratonalondres.jpg

http://www.abola.pt/img/fotos/fotosap/atletismo/2013/maratonalondres.jpg

519101616.jpg

http://c.o0bg.com/rf/image_960w/Bos...1/BostonGlobe.com/Sports/Images/519101616.jpg

You are confusing culture and religion. How a "proper Muslim" acts is going to differ widely, depending on the culture you are talking about. Islam as practiced in, say, Saudi Arabia is going to be far different than Islam as practiced in, say, Kosovo. :twocents:

Yes and most western converts ARE women because the Koran and Islam are very fair and attractive to females. Women received "equal rights" 1400 years ago whereas the West didn't catch up until the last century.

It varies widely depending on the culture, many Muslim majority countries have some VERY strong women, the women are often in charge of the household and even in charge of the finances.

Years ago I had an Afghan hairdresser, very very gracious woman that fled with her children and husband during the war with Russia. She told me that in Afghanistan the WOMEN controlled the household finances and before she was married her groom had his money transferred into her name.

I don't think there is any thing wrong or suspicious in their visiting their home countries. I just question the presumption that their circumstances were "dire" or impoverished. All MOO

On the countrary. Russia was supsicious about the older one going there and told US as such.

I think they saw the photos of them shown by the fbi while eating, then went and panicked

Most likely. They gig was up.
I really think they believed LE wouldn't be able to find them out.

Take it with a grain of salt. In the US mom worked at a salon for a while and then did facials from her Norfolk street apt. Father worked as a mechanic.

That often happens when its lawyers or doctors from other countries, specifically those with very different systems. You will find them sweeping floors at mcdonalds in the US unless they have lots of money with them to study and pay for the US qualifcations to the boards. Language is an issue too it isn't as if they can just walk in and take the boards they need to get the language down, specific legal and medical terminology, be up to date on laws and practices in the states etc. All costing money. They are willing to give up their careers for democracy. Some manage to get licenses here and continue to have a great life, others it takes decades if at all.

On the countrary. Russia was supsicious about the older one going there and told US as such.

Yes, I do believe the Russians knew they were likely up to no good and told the FBI to investigate.

Looks like they were right.

That often happens when its lawyers or doctors from other countries, specifically those with very different systems. You will find them sweeping floors at mcdonalds in the US unless they have lots of money with them to study and pay for the US qualifcations to the boards. Language is an issue too it isn't as if they can just walk in and take the boards they need to get the language down, specific legal and medical terminology, be up to date on laws and practices in the states etc. All costing money. They are willing to give up their careers for democracy. Some manage to get licenses here and continue to have a great life, others it takes decades if at all.

Yes. That would not be out of the ordinary at all.
But I am not sure they know that this was going to happen when they "give up their careers for democracy." Which, I don't doubt, contributes to their state of unhappiness.

I noticed the sandal too, but see no other evidence of woman or child there. If a child was there, there would be plenty of stuff, if a woman, what married women, much less muslim, would let all that crap lay around, especially if a little one were present.
hahaha, Unfortunately I've seen some women's places that make you tiptoe, and keep your hands in your pockets! I get your point though, but I'm wondering if this was their mother's place? Looking at the forth pic down, I see a women's flat with a bow under the beige gym shoe.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...qualid-ramshackle-apartment-article-1.1323047

My apologies, I was not implying that you were finding it suspicious or wrong, just clarifying how it is :)

I also question that presumption. We don't know if their families were sending them money to help them, for instance. Seems weird to Americans but very common in certain countries.

I'm inclined to agree. On the other hand, a great deal of thinking went into manufacturing the explosives, planting them, and setting them up to detonate. And they are/were young men of the 21st century. We know the younger one was a regular user of social media. He understood its power, and used it when he tweeted the image of the "Terrorista" license plate. How could they not "think" that their images would be cast all over the globe? TT had been already questioned by the FBI. He was well aware they had him in their sites. How could he not "think" he'd be caught. Were they really just that foolish?

Another question that's stuck in my craw: what was the purpose of the marathon bombing? Was it intended to send a message? I suspect it was, but can anyone define it? I can't. No declaration. No manifesto. So they screwed up there, too, and I'm even more sickened by the senselessness of it all. Innocent people murdered and maimed, and for what? Absolutely nothing.

It was a "twin bomb" on Tax day...
a warning?

hahaha, Unfortunately I've seen some women's places that make you tiptoe, and keep your hands in your pockets! I get your point though, but I'm wondering if this was their mother's place? Looking at the forth pic down, I see a women's flat with a bow under the beige gym shoe.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...qualid-ramshackle-apartment-article-1.1323047

Yes women can be messy BUT if they are raising babies they have lots of baby stuff around (especially the messy ones).

There was no sign of female messiness or female stuff/baby stuff lying around.

Very true.

I was born in the US but now live in Australia. I know of a man here from Eastern Europe who was a dentist there but his license is not applicable here unfortunately and he struggles to feed his family. To be fair he did assume his dentistry license would be valid here. One can imagine how disheartening and frustrating this would be.

To be fair he did assume his dentistry license would be valid here. One can imagine how disheartening and frustrating this would be.

Yeah but when applying to immigrate to a foreign country one would THINK that he would have checked into that. When moving (or even visiting) a foreign country you don't "assume" you research the laws of that country especially if it deals with your ability to work.

She is divorced. He mostly lived in "Russia"
He was getting medical treatment for a brian tumor... cough cough

Is anyone surprised both parents left the US? prior to this?
Also dad said TT never went to Chechnya -sp he was just visiting family for 6-7 months. leaving his wife here to work with a baby.

kinda messed up. yet the aunt says he was a stay at home dad and babysat his child while mom worked. NOT

Oh I agree. I wasn't clear and was writing about the parents' traveling. I don't find it suspicious in and of itself that they would want to visit home. Now if other information comes to light, I might feel differently about that, but not simply based on their return visits.

What is the purpose of any terrorist act?

Well, that would depend on the terrorist and the act. Usually these nutters have an agenda and a message they are trying to send-and use a purposeful terrorist attack to send their crazy azz message.

It may seem senseless to sane people, but in the post-it note cluttered bunkers that extremists call brains, it makes perfect sense. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks