Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a joke? The intelligence committee member thinks the suspect can not be questioned again (ever) because he was shot in the throat? Has he ever heard of a pen?

Did you all catch 48 hours last night? They suggested he had indeed tried to commit suicide, due to the shot through his mouth/throat.

The episode is available online.

Is this a joke? The intelligence committee member thinks the suspect can not be questioned again (ever) because he was shot in the throat? Has he ever heard of a pen?

Maybe they want the public to believe he can't communicate, so that they can question him longer than the 48 hours before having to read him his rights. It just seems odd that, first, the FBI said they wanted to be the ones giving the updates from the hospital, not the hospital. And now second, they are tripping over themselves trying to tell us that he can't talk.

I was suspicious when they wanted complete control over the release of any medical conditions. It was specifically stated by a former FBI agent (heard it on TV, don't have link) that it was so the hospital didn't say anything they shouldn't.

Frankly, I don't care if it gives them more than the obligatory 48 hours of interrogation with him.

Not assuming,I have a question mark,just wondering. That's why I moved it to the PP. I think its worthy of discussion. Based on my own experience with my children,to encourage diversity, a lot of the foreign students are paying nothing or very small amounts. Meanwhile, US citizens are paying full price. Like I said,a better topic for the PP.
As for what I want to know about the consulate van,I just thought it was strange that it was not being reported,but I guess it must be standard procedure. I have never had any dealings with embassys and stuff so I thought having a van pick you up was odd. I guess not.

I don't think it's political per se - but the generalization that foreign students are getting paid to go to school while americans are paying full price does not hold true at UMassDartmouth, the University in question.

Quite frankly, there is no need to financially encourage diversity in a University that pulls from a naturally ethnically diverse local community. Having said that, there are as many foreign students there on student visas as there have been at all the other Universities I've attended and at which I've worked as faculty. At this particular University, many of my American, local students there are lower income and struggle with full time jobs and often have financial blocks on their accounts as they struggle to scrape together their tuition so they can register for the next semester. Quite a few American, local students there are the first generation in their family to matriculate. There is not the wealthy American/poor foreigner hierarchy that may be typical elsewhere.

Did you all catch 48 hours last night? They suggested he had indeed tried to commit suicide, due to the shot through his mouth/throat.

The episode is available online.

My point is, even if he is never able to talk, he still could communicate using pen/paper. To suggest they might be never able to question him because he shot himself in the throat is bizarre, to say the least.

Did you see the older brother's Amazon wish list, which was linked in the CBS local article in post #1031? It included a few books on how to create fake IDs, as well as a number on the mafia.

1/14/2006 - first entry on his Amazon. This was planned a long time ago. I said Martyr from the very beginning. Their supporters started right away w/ the conspiracy $4!+. I made note of it right after the bombing was announced. & I started following a Palestine vs Israel ongoing chat elsewhere on the www. Its signature terrorism aftermath to create confusion & dissention in America. The USA is hated amongst extremists for stepping on holy land when we aided Saudi. Its ridiculous.

Maybe they want the public to believe he can't communicate, so that they can question him longer than the 48 hours before having to read him his rights. It just seems odd that, first, the FBI said they wanted to be the ones giving the updates from the hospital, not the hospital. And now second, they are tripping over themselves trying to tell us that he can't talk.

I was suspicious when they wanted complete control over the release of any medical conditions. It was specifically stated by a former FBI agent (heard it on TV, don't have link) that it was so the hospital didn't say anything they shouldn't.

Frankly, I don't care if it gives them more than the obligatory 48 hours of interrogation with him.

I don't think they're *tripping over themselves*.

It makes perfect sense to me that he can't talk. He has a gunshot wound to his throat. He's on a ventilator. He's sedated.

I'm curious as to why you're supsicious that the FBI wants control of the release of his medical status. It seems to me they've been forthcoming with what little information there is to release.

It also says in that article:

"It doesn't mean he can't communicate, but right now I think he's in a condition where we can't get any information from him at all," said Coats, an Indiana Republican."

This is not their first rodeo, you know...

bumping this up

The question is, when does the clock start ticking regarding the public exception law? - Pete Williams, MSNBC

Reasonable that under the current circumstances, the clock does not start ticking yet. - Jeff Addicott , St. Mary's University

In other words, its a good question but there is no definitive answer the way the law is currently written.

The question is, when does the clock start ticking regarding the public exception law? - Pete Williams, MSNBC

Reasonable that under the current circumstances, the clock does not start ticking yet. - Jeff Addicott , St. Mary's University

In other words, its a good question but there is no definitive answer the way the law is currently written.

I am wondering if, due to his medical condition at present, they will be able to get an extension on the 48 hours??

My point is, even if he is never able to talk, he still could communicate using pen/paper. To suggest they might be never able to question him because he shot himself in the throat is bizarre, to say the least.

I've understood your point all along. My post was solely to add information.

If he dies, I'd call that a possible "not ever" scenario...

Did someone say that he had an injury to the head also? I thought I read that somewhere, not sure if it is in this thread. I hope that doesn't mean he has a brain injury.

If he had a brain injury, then jjenny would be correct that he may never be able to answer their questions.

That would be such a let down after the dramatic events of Friday night.

I am wondering if, due to his medical condition at present, they will be able to get an extension on the 48 hours??
Well, that is sort of what the discussion was about (just in last few minutes on MSNBC). Technically, the clock starts when the questioning starts BUT, that seems to be assuming that the questioning starts fairly immediately. And that is predicaded on the idea that the public safety is at risk now, not later. Good question, no definitive answer, the law as it is currently written is not clear.

Did someone say that he had an injury to the head also? I thought I read that somewhere, not sure if it is in this thread. I hope that doesn't mean he has a brain injury.

I've read throat and leg, and in another broadcast I think they said his hand was injured as well.

In any case he's sedated, so handing him a pen and paper would accomplish nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member