Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Ven. Why were they on MIT campus? Something doesn't ring true. Or maybe we are just missing pieces.

That's cool, thanks for sharing

As a parent my reaction would be "Two gallons of milk? how long are we gonna be stuck here?"

LOL true!

If that guy is anything like my husband he's highly accomplished at his job and is kind and caring, and only has good intentions ... but if I ask my man to go to the supermarket to get bread and milk he always comes back with 3 bags full of stuff in case the shops disappear overnight and we're never able to buy bread, milk and cookies again. My kids love it when their Dad goes to the shop.

I wondered why Suspect # 2 ran over his brother. Was he trying to kill them all and also detonate the bomb his brother was wearing? Did his brother tell him to in the event he was captured? Any thoughts? I also wonder why they were on the MIT campus. Were they attempting to set up more bombs. They certainly had a lot with them. Maybe they were intending to place several at different targets and then run?

I'm not a bomb expert but from what I understand the trigger device used in these bombs was very sophisticated. They happen to kill an MIT police officer right outside from the Electronics Research Lab and Electrical Engineering Dept. at MIT.

Too coincidental to me.

I've been thinking about the dichotomy between the two brothers. Older brother is radical. Younger brother really doesn't seem to care about religion. Older brother doesn't smoke or drink or use drugs. Younger brother does all of the above. Older brother never became a US citizen. Younger brother did. I wonder how this made Tamerlan feel? Dzhokar didn't seem to want to go along with his new radical ideas. Instead, Dzohkar seemed to aspire to be a normal American teenager and denounce his heritage. He seemed a lot more interested in wrestling, hanging out with friends, smoking a little weed and drinking with his friends. I would imagine this caused a lot of discord in the family.

So what made Dzohkar decide to go along with this ultimate plan? To please his brother? To please his mother? For some reason, everything we know about the guy, he really did not seem to care all that much. He was nervous at the auto shop. He didn't do the suicide run at the cops like his brother did. He fled and hid and then ultimately surrendered. Dzohkar felt he was going to be rewarded by Allah at the end. It is quite clear that Dzohkar wasn't quite so certain of that.

So again-we can certainly understand Tamerlan. He is a radical on his face. Crazy youtube site, increasing radicalism, 911 "truther" apparently. We get that. But why, then did Dzohkar go along with the plan?

Radicalization? Doesn't seem like it.
Deference to his brother? Perhaps.
Fear? Perhaps he was threatened by someone into doing it?
MONEY???? Did his brother offer to pay him or convince him that someone would pay him to do this? Can it just be as simple as that? A promise of a fortune and all he needed to do was to drop a bag off and walk away?

I was telling my husband that upon reflection, I fear someone like Dzahkar MORE than I do someone like Tamerlan. Tamerlan was what he was and made no bones about it. But Dzohkar is scarier. He seemed "normal" yet he did the unspeakable. We saw that he dropped that bag right next to Martin and his family. We saw that he walked away with a skip in his step. We learn that he went to a party 2 days later and acted "normal." I know to watch out for the crazed radical rapping about terrorism. I didn't think I needed to worry about naturalized American citizen who was captain of the school wrestling team!!!

This case is so heart wrenching because we want answers. But will we ever get any? And when we do, will they help us to understand any better? Or will we just be left with more questions?

I'm beginning to piece together this theory that the brothers were inside one of those MIT buildings and as they walked out the door the police officers car was right there...they panicked at the possibility of being identified and immediately fired at him multiple times while he sat in his vehicle. Maybe they even had assault rifles in plain view and then felt like they had no choice at that point but to fire at him.

Someone just posted a link that says there was a report of man with long gun at MIT in February but the article didn't say which building. I wonder if it was one of those two buildings? Were the bombs built there? Were they and collaborators storing weapons there?

I am confused about some of the information about the MIT policeman's murder. It is very sad that he was killed without provocation. What I don't understand is how it is determined that he was murdered by the Tsarnaev Brothers. I was listening to the scanner on the night of the shooting but it confused me then also. Were they seen by someone or was that assumption made by their behavior? Could there have been a third person?

Not sure if this has been posted. Everything really seemed to come together for finding these guys, didn't it?

...He said the Watertown police were able to trace and corner the suspects in their stolen vehicle because they left with the cell phone of the car's owner inside.

"Eventually we were able to ping that phone and find out it was in Watertown," said Deveau, "and it was heading to a certain neighborhood in Watertown.

More at http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...chief-recalls-gunfight-with-bombing-suspects/

LOL true!

If that guy is anything like my husband he's highly accomplished at his job and is kind and caring, and only has good intentions ... but if I ask my man to go to the supermarket to get bread and milk he always comes back with 3 bags full of stuff in case the shops disappear overnight and we're never able to buy bread, milk and cookies again. My kids love it when their Dad goes to the shop.

Funny! :seeya: Very funny! Thanks! ... :seeya:

I'm beginning to piece together this theory that the brothers were inside one of those MIT buildings and as they walked out the door the police officers car was right there...they panicked at the possibility of being identified and immediately fired at him multiple times while he sat in his vehicle. Maybe they even had assault rifles in plain view and then felt like they had no choice at that point but to fire at him.

Someone just posted a link that says there was a report of man with long gun at MIT in February but the article didn't say which building. I wonder if it was one of those two buildings? Were the bombs built there? Were they and collaborators storing weapons there?

Wow....that could easily have been the older brother. And maybe instead of "body armor", it was a bomb vest he wore. Was 2/23 anything special going on that day? Maybe he had planned it for that day and because police came and he was reported, he may have cancelled his plans that day.

They can be made in under 10min.

Yeah but the triggering devices were much more sophisticated. I doubt either of them built it not even the older brother since he dropped out of college after 3 semesters.

Maybe he had planned it for that day and because police came and he was reported, he may have cancelled his plans that day.

I think they planned to bomb the marathon all along. The older brother came back from Russia in June or July of 2012 and in August 2012 the younger brother tweeted about how it's not safe to smoke at the Boston Marathon. Pretty random tweet about an event that is 8 months away right? Seems to me like it was code speak on social media between terrorists.

I am confused about some of the information about the MIT policeman's murder. It is very sad that he was killed without provocation. What I don't understand is how it is determined that he was murdered by the Tsarnaev Brothers. I was listening to the scanner on the night of the shooting but it confused me then also. Were they seen by someone or was that assumption made by their behavior? Could there have been a third person?

All JMO
Its a real good question. Even during the day of the bombing, there are some people that wonder if there were supposed to be others that would have set off even more bombs and maybe chickened out. So, I would not doubt one bit if maybe they went back to the MIT building as a gathering spot. A lot of lab work is done all hours of the night in colleges. Some of the buildings are open all night but usually require a student pass card to get access for lab work.

Something about that MIT location has more significance it seems.

The one thing I am most curious about is what their intentions were - meaning, did they believe their bombs would kill more people and failed, or was this to wreak havoc and chaos as part of a bigger plan?

Not all terrorists who have used bombs were suicide bombers. Like these two brothers, Timothy McVeigh calmly walked away and would have gotten away (for a while) if not for the traffic stop. However, most of these "extremists" do not fear death or losing their own life for the "cause".

MOO

I said this in the last post...I think their intention was not to kill as many people as possible, but to cause them a lifetime of pain (emotional, physical, mental, and financial) thorough injuries. They planned this, they did research, etc. They had to know that putting the backpacks on the ground is the reason why we see so many lower extremity injuries but not many deaths. All those people who need to have legs amputated due to a bombing at a marathon...Is that just a really messed up coincidence?

Yeah but the triggering devices were much more sophisticated. I doubt either of them built it not even the older brother since he dropped out of college after 3 semesters.

We dont know that. I did here some officials say this but they have not stated what was used. They often get this wrong

A Cell phone is sophisticated but they could have just bought one and wired it up to the Vibrate motor in the phone and called it.

remote_trigger.jpg

One doesn't need to go to college at all to build bombs. I am sure that plenty of terrorists never went to college yet manage to build bombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat