Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought another woman (a previous girlfriend?) brought the DV charges. Has it been confirmed whether or not it was the (future) wife who had him charged?

Oh, you could be right gxm .. I now recall that the name on the information was blacked out. I don't know if it was addressed elsewhere.

I think the moral compass for the entire household was off. Seems to have been a general undertone of discontent, arrests, lack of cohesiveness as a family unit, etc.

I see the mother as a clear enabler.

I think none of the family members know what it means to take personal accountability and responsibility for their actions. It's always someone else's fault. Apparently the brothers' misery is due to the Americans and our way of life.

The only one who seems to be reality-based is the Uncle Tsarni, although I still believe he should not have called them losers prior to the violence.

I think you are correct, but someone correct me if they know different!

And then there are reports she dropped the child off just hours before the bombing and went to work.

And, do we think he may have left the baby home while he went out and did the devil's work?

Oh, you could be right gxm .. I now recall that the name on the information was blacked out. I don't know if it was addressed elsewhere.

A recent article I saw cited here today says it was TT's current wife who had filed charges against him in 2009 for domestic violence. So she is the one who married her abuser.

I think none of the family members know what it means to take personal accountability and responsibility for their actions. It's always someone else's fault. Apparently the brothers' misery is due to the Americans and our way of life.

The only one who seems to be reality-based is the Uncle Tsarni, although I still believe he should not have called them losers prior to the violence.

Uncle Tsarni is a lawyer isn't he?

Except it was mom who wanted him to stay living with her... that's what she said the oldest son does when the father is gone, but apparently TT didn't stay anyway - then again, who knows what the story is.

I agree with you for the most part, but I think mom wanted TT to be more radical and to be the head of her household. Her husband didn't even agree with her on becoming more radical/fundamentalist (whatever). I think TT was still impressionable but old enough he could have gone his own way. DT still fairly young.

The mom might have wanted TT to remain living with her, but that doesn't mean he didn't rule the house while living there. Given the Islam religion of peck order, I'm more inclined to believe that it was TT, rather than the mom, who dictated the rules for the family/house.

I agree.

And, as a mother, I just cannot imagine leaving your 3 year old daughter alone with a husband who'd beat you and going to live with your parent and work 70 hours/week?! Calling "like any parent would"?! Really. It doesn't ring true IMO.
Dynamics described happen everyday to millions who here. Poverty does not know race etc.

He did have a girlfriend who was of Portuguese and Italian ancestry. She was in the photos that went along with the Boxing for Passport piece. I think she was the one that filed a domestic battery report. JMO.

WSJ:

Tamerlan Tsarnaev is the fifth person since 9/11 who has participated in terror attacks after questioning by the FBI. He was preceded by Nidal Hasan; drone casualty Anwar al Awlaki; Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad (born Carlos Leon Bledsoe), who murdered an Army recruit in Little Rock in June 2009; and David Coleman Headley, who provided intelligence to the perpetrators of the Mumbai massacre in 2008. That doesn't count Abdulmutallab, who was the subject of warnings to the CIA that he was a potential terrorist.
A lot has changed since 9-11 right(please). The only thing that has changed is the bill.

Police in Massachusetts are re-examining a brutal 2011 triple murder involving the best friend of the now-dead suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings.
Authorities have confirmed they are investigating a possible link between Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, killed during a gun battle with police on Friday, and the murder of a man said to be his close friend, Brendan Mess, 25. Also killed were Erik Weissman, 31, and Raphael Teken, 37.
The bodies of the men were discovered in September 2011 at Mess's home in the Boston suburb of Waltham. Each of the men's throats were slashed and they were almost decapitated. Their mutilated bodies were covered with marijuana.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/world/brut...ton-suspect-20130423-2ib8k.html#ixzz2REm5QIUQ

To murder three men the perp would not have acted alone I would assume. Whoever did this crime had tohers with him.

bbm

I believe he said it after the Thursday shootout when their names were released. I remember him calling for Jahan to give himself up and ask for forgiveness in the same interview. Let me see if I can find a link ...

ETA: yes it was Friday. Here's a link to that interview. The violence was over, he did not spark it with his comments.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...dzhozkar-tamerlan-tsarnaev-were-losers-on-nbc

The mom might have wanted TT to remain living with her, but that doesn't mean he didn't rule the house while living there. Given the Islam religion of peck order, I'm more inclined to believe that it was TT, rather than the mom, who dictated the rules for the family/house.

I think it was mom wanting TT to take charge IMO ... that is what she expected and allowed, it was a choice (again, my opinion though)

Has this hit mainstream media yet... are we still quoting strange and unacceptable quotes?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

He did have a girlfriend who was of Portuguese and Italian ancestry. She was in the photos that went along with the Boxing for Passport piece. I think she was the one that filed a domestic battery report. JMO.

I think it's all the same person. If you look in the article about boxing for a passport, that picture of the girlfriend looks an awful lot like the wife, IMO. (ETA - I just took another link - they don't look the much alike side by side)

FYI, here is the post I had seen earlier - not sure how reliable the source is, but the timing would be right.

I don't know. The article in the Mail doesn't say. However, the story does confirm that the wife was the victim in the 2009 domestic violence arrest. There has been some confusion on that point.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323735604578437642076883194.html

PERVAIZ SHALLWANI

About 40 minutes after they allegedly shot and killed a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer in Cambridge, Mass., Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the brothers accused of the bombing, crossed the Charles River into Boston and stole a Mercedes SUV at gunpoint, briefly holding the driver hostage, according to an excerpt from the Cambridge Police Department report filed by the driver and reviewed by The Wall Street Journal. The alleged carjacking occurred at about 11 p.m. in Boston's Brighton neighborhood on Brighton Avenue, said the excerpt, which didn't name the victim.

Here's a quote from yesterday's Daily Mail:

Katherine was a student at Suffolk University, Boston, when she met Tsaraev, then a promising boxer and athlete.

It was during that time that she converted and her youthful priorities appear to have changed as she left in 2010 without graduating.

By then her relationship with Tsaraev was intense. Not even his arrest for violently assaulting her in 2009 could change that.

According to Cambridge City Police Department reports of the incident which took place in July at the Massachusetts home she once shared with Tsaraev, when interviewed she described Tsaraev as ‘a very nice man.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onvert-widow-Boston-bomber.html#ixzz2REyOk28V
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What was that photo of him climbing out the boat all about then? HE looked upright and in control of his body, which I don't believe would be the case if he had just shot himself in the mouth.

He was sitting on the side of the boat.
LE says they got him out of it/down from it.
The info is in the link I quoted in the post you are responding to.

ETA: I went back to find the link

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/22/17865422-boston-cops-who-cuffed-bomb-suspect-no-time-to-be-afraid?lite

From the link:

"We pulled him down and put the cuffs on him," said Thompson, the arresting officer of record in an operation that involved hundreds of cops over the course of the day.

ETA again:
Not sure why the link is not working.

Trying again:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/22/17865422-boston-cops-who-cuffed-bomb-suspect-no-time-to-be-afraid?lite

Oh well. Won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member