Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the photo of the corpse: One police officer stated that viewing it was "cathartic". Actually, I kind of felt the same way.

The redness all over the neck and face is dried blood, by the way.

Dried blood from where? Any ideas?

I'm going to admit that I didn't post about how I felt about this 19 yo. I saw all the pictures of him and the dropping of the backpack sort of. I believe they have evidence of the drop or I missed it here, surprise. Even without that, it's clear it's TT & DT. Blood samples, residue on their hands, additional bombs in an apartment, vehicles with residue, ballistics/blood/dna in it. Just too many things not to connect them. I want to know who else is involved and wth why this time. It was an attack on the US. How did they slip through the system? I have to say the capture was faster than I thought it would be. tg

I didn't see any pics of DT or TT dropping their backpacks. You saw this? Do you have the link? I thought LE didn't show the video because that was considered vital evidence. I'd think LE would keep that evidence close to the vest in order to insure that nothing essential leaks out to the public or the suspects.

I want to know whether there are other people involved too, but at this time, all I've heard and read is that DT claimed it was only he and his older brother TT. Should we accept DT's words at face value? Probably not, but at this point, until LE finds any links between the brothers and terrorist organizations, I think we have to.

I think that exactly it and I also think he may have felt his brother was better off dead than in custody. I can't believe anyone is minimizing this monster's actions.

What's worse is that tons of people are buying it. There was debate on here about it earlier today.

This really displays the utter dishonesty and sneakiness of this woman. Oh, her babies didn't do this. They were framed. Except if they did, let me have the live one back becausE the older one compelled him to do what he did.

Yeah right, lady. And what Ive heard about her crazy beliefs (apparently she s a 9/11 truther), she had quite a bit to do with her sons' radicalization.

Yep, sounds like she has now realised that her boys are guilty and is throwing the older one under the bus to save the remaining one. Not that it matters, he's already been under a car.

Thank you...you said it so TOS.
had a brain glitch and at first saw that as and I was like: oh my! let's get ready to ruuuuumble!

News notes scrolling on CNN reports a team is removing a tree on Boylston St. that DT was seen to touch while waiting for one of the bombs to explode! Not sure who the "team" are.
heard one of the CNN THs say "they have his fingerprints on a tree." they're doing some serious i-dotting and t-crossing!

:) Great minds... lol

I get the sense that a few of the LE might have exaggerated about DT running TT over. I saw an interview with the Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis earlier and when asked about this very question, he said, "That's undetermined at this time." Then he added that what people at the scene had told him is that DT did back up the vehicle, but the ME hasn't ruled the COD or MOD and hasn't made a statement on whether DT ran over TT or not.

But you're saying that COD HAS been determined? What? Where's the post and the source? :scared:

Well, I'm not exactly saying that (and good question!)...I think what I'm saying is that from what I've been reading posted in this latest thread, it seemed to be determined (his being run over). And since I ran out of steam 18 pages short of finishing the last thread, and just jumped to page 40 of this one, I was wondering if I'd missed something definitive about that.

If it has been determined, I was interested in the source. ;)

Yep, sounds like she has now realised that her boys are guilty and is throwing the older one under the bus to save the remaining one. Not that it matters, he's already been under a car.

:back:
just wait it will get better!
Where is the aunt in Canada??
Kinda quiet now huh?

I didn't see any pics of DT or TT dropping their backpacks. You saw this? Do you have the link? I thought LE didn't show the video because that was considered vital evidence. I'd think LE would keep that evidence close to the vest in order to insure that nothing essential leaks out to the public or the suspects.

I want to know whether there are other people involved too, but at this time, all I've heard and read is that DT claimed it was only he and his older brother TT. Should we accept DT's words at face value? Probably not, but at this point, until LE finds any links between the brothers and terrorist organizations, I think we have to.

My apologies. I meant I have seen the picture of him and the picture of the backpack on him, and the backpack at the rail with the innocent with him in the background. I do not doubt his involvement. I just think the law has more pics, better ones for trial. I need no further proof. :seeya: that means Hi.

Well, I'm not exactly saying that (and good question!)...I think what I'm saying is that from what I've been reading posted in this latest thread, it seemed to be determined (his being run over). And since I ran out of steam 18 pages short of finishing the last thread, and just jumped to page 40 of this one, I was wondering if I'd missed something definitive about that.

If it has been determined, I was interested in the source. ;)

Ok. I'll wait with bated breath for more MSM info then.

My apologies. I meant I have seen the picture of him and the picture of the backpack on him, and the backpack at the rail with the innocent with him in the background. I do not doubt his involvement. I just think the law has more pics, better ones for trial. I need no further proof.

Me too. I believe it was DT and TT, especially given the videotape evidence shown, and also of course, DT's confession today, detailing his and his brother's involvement in the Boston marathon bombings, the carjacking, and the shootouts in Cambridge and Watertown.

I gotta go again. Have fun sleuthing! :)

*snort* Good one!! :spit:

I truly don't think anything she says will be considered truthful by the people who matter here (ie the people building the legal case). She's proving herself to have a big case of pants on fire.

*snort* Good one!! :spit:

I truly don't think anything she says will be considered truthful by the people who matter here (ie the people building the legal case). She's proving herself to have a big case of pants on fire.

She speaks so proudly her of her eldest son and that her younger son would do his bidding. Maybe I've missed it, so correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't recall one word of sympathy from her about their victims.

It is my understanding that the discoloration of the corpse is lividity. My thinking is the probable cause is the result of being run over by the brother...out of lurkdom :)

A bit of an aside (hoping this is allowable in here)--on Jeff Bauman's Facebook Page today was posted a movement to petition for The Presidential Award to be given to Carlos for his heroism in saving Jeff, who in turn saved many, many more by providing quick ID of his attacker:

A week ago today, Carlos Arredondo, a peace activist, volunteer and father of two deceased sons, threw himself into ground zero to save Jeff's life as if Jeff was his own son, though they were merely strangers. Jeff then went on to most likely save many more lives, all while recovering in a hospital bed from his own trauma.

If you feel Carlos deserves the Presidential Citizens Medal which honors citizens "who have performed exemplary deeds or services for his or her country or fellow citizens", please follow the link to vote for him and share this with everyone you know!

https://www.facebook.com/supportjeffandfamily?ref=ts&fref=ts

If you want to sign the petition, you just go to the link below and give your email addy and zip code. They'll mail you a confirmation link, and after clicking, go back to this site to click to sign the petition. Just started today, and already almost 12k have signed; needing 88k more sigs by next month!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/award-carlos-arredondo-presidential-citizens-medal-exemplary-deeds-boston-marathon-april-15-2013/kcS2CGm2

Well lets cut the kid some slack, He had lots friends. was a good student, captain of the wrestling team and according to his mother a wonderful child. I don't know about you but with all the above going on the fact he found time to wage a moderately successful Jihad against the infidels is really commendable in my book.

That was sarcasm btw, I agree with you 100%, it's insane that people are trying to even remotely justify his actions or even lessen them because he was 19 or his brother was the ring leader.

With respect, I haven't seen one poster on here try to even remotely JUSTIFY his actions. Just to try to figure out and WHY he would do something like this. Trying to make sense of it. I honestly don't think you will find one person on this thread who thinks that he is not a monster for what he has done. It's just very scary to think that someone like him (puppy dog eyes, captain of the wrestling team, etc...) is actually a MONSTER inside. Because it shakes everything we think we know about people to its core.

I have often said from the beginning that JT scares me more than TT. At least with TT, you know what you've got when you are dealing with him. He was quite vocal about his radicalism and his hatred for this country. But JT was far better at flying under the radar, hanging with the cool kids, making everyone think he was just a "regular kid." It scares me to think that someone everyone liked and thought was a great kid could drop a bomb next to babies and just walk away as if nothing had happened. Even with seeing it with our very own eyes, it is still so hard to comprehend. Not because we don't believe it. But because it makes us reconsider all of the other things we think we know. It makes us wonder how we can trust ANYONE!!!

So please don't get angry because this should be a safe place for people to express their thoughts and their angst over this. It isn't about him. It's about us. It's about fear and ultimately about strength. What you are seeing is the result of terrorism. It makes us question everything we think we know about the world. It makes us question the safety of simply going to a fun event with other people and enjoying ourselves. It makes us question our neighbors, our friends and sometimes even ourselves. It makes us question EACH OTHER.

Exploring these feelings and verbalizing them is a step in the healing process. No one is more devastated than the victims. The 4 dead innocent people and the 200 people injured and maimed and whose lives are forever changed. But for the terrorists, that is not their "product." They don't even care about the victims as much as they do about the rest of us. Their "product" is FEAR. And by harming a few hundred, they are able to attack millions.

So let's not go there. As long as we are respectful in this place, I feel we should all be able to express ourselves honestly. There is no doubt that JT is a monster. No matter his motivations, his reasons, who was the mastermind, etc... it doesn't change his level of responsibility and blame. It doesn't change the justice he has due to him. No one pities him. It's just that it is a very human tendancy to try to explain the unexplainable and to understand the irrational. It doesn't make sense and it SHOULDN'T make sense. It's just that as humans, our minds don't work that way. We want it to make sense, because then we might be able to do something about it, to prevent it from happening.

So let's not turn on one another in here. It is what THEY want. THEY have already taken enough from us. Don't let them take any more.

Me too. I believe it was DT and TT, especially given the videotape evidence shown, and also of course, DT's confession today, detailing his and his brother's involvement in the Boston marathon bombings, the carjacking, and the shootouts in Cambridge and Watertown.

I agree, there's no doubt in my mind that he's guilty.

However, speculation about the older brother being the mastermind is simply part of wanting to know answers that come outside the umbrella of 'who did this'. The big question is one that Obama identified: *how* does this happen? And why would anyone go along with it?? For me it's wanting to know how and why two young men could get it in their heads that this was something they should plan and do.

Here's my quote about the older brother being the mastermind:

CNN is confirming that the younger brother says the older brother was the mastermind.

It's still no excuse. The younger brother shouldn't have gone along with it.

Many people are okay with black and white answers. For others, there are shades of grey in this (no jokes about how many shades ;) ). Seeking to know more is not evidence of minimising or justifying a terrorist act, imo. Saying "but he had everything going for him, I can't believe he would do this" (paraphrased quote from a friend of one of the brothers) isn't actually saying they don't believe it was him. Saying "he's just a kid" is more along the lines of "what a horrible waste. Looking back, at that age I was so young even though I thought I knew it all" rather than "he's so young, he shouldn't bear the full brunt of the law".

Of course the important thing - who did this - is here in black and white, imo. There's no arguing it. Those weren't the actions of innocent people who had been incorrectly identified, and if he somehow convinced himself that it wasn't his fault, he had the chance to communicate that at his bedside hearing.

I would be interested to know his story about running over his brother, but it doesn't change my opinion or stance.

IMO, there is absolutely no way that these two self centered creeps got all the plans together in one week.

They had lots of weapons and ammo.

They had to have had practice runs to test the detonations. (So they would know where to stand to see the results of their evil handiwork without getting injured.)

They needed to learn how to make the bombs and buy the parts/and ingredients.

They made upwards to half a dozen pressure cooker bombs. (They used two 4/15/2013, threw one on Friday and a few more were found in the apartment.)

Then there were the pipe bombs and homemade grenades.

What about the circuit boards (not just the two used 4/15 but the others as well which were used and found during & after the shootout.) These circuit boards were said to have been elaborate.

They had to know how long the race would last and what were the optimum times
and locations to get the most exposure while doing the most damage.

They needed to learn how to pack those bombs in a way in which they wouldn't accidentally explode as they strolled their way through Boston.

Then their get away...was someone waiting to pick them up or did they park their car nearby, take the subway, what?

They needed to map out their path of destruction.

This definitely took much more than a week and much more time training to plan and implement this attack. Plus there is the suggestion that before they were found by LE they were planning their next stop - NYC.

This is one WS member who does not believe one thing this little terrorist has suggested.

With respect, I haven't seen one poster on here try to even remotely JUSTIFY his actions. Just to try to figure out and WHY he would do something like this. Trying to make sense of it. I honestly don't think you will find one person on this thread who thinks that he is not a monster for what he has done. It's just very scary to think that someone like him (puppy dog eyes, captain of the wrestling team, etc...) is actually a MONSTER inside. Because it shakes everything we think we know about people to its core.

I have often said from the beginning that JT scares me more than TT. At least with TT, you know what you've got when you are dealing with him. He was quite vocal about his radicalism and his hatred for this country. But JT was far better at flying under the radar, hanging with the cool kids, making everyone think he was just a "regular kid." It scares me to think that someone everyone liked and thought was a great kid could drop a bomb next to babies and just walk away as if nothing had happened. Even with seeing it with our very own eyes, it is still so hard to comprehend. Not because we don't believe it. But because it makes us reconsider all of the other things we think we know. It makes us wonder how we can trust ANYONE!!!

So please don't get angry because this should be a safe place for people to express their thoughts and their angst over this. It isn't about him. It's about us. It's about fear and ultimately about strength. What you are seeing is the result of terrorism. It makes us question everything we think we know about the world. It makes us question the safety of simply going to a fun event with other people and enjoying ourselves. It makes us question our neighbors, our friends and sometimes even ourselves. It makes us question EACH OTHER.

Exploring these feelings and verbalizing them is a step in the healing process. No one is more devastated than the victims. The 4 dead innocent people and the 200 people injured and maimed and whose lives are forever changed. But for the terrorists, that is not their "product." They don't even care about the victims as much as they do about the rest of us. Their "product" is FEAR. And by harming a few hundred, they are able to attack millions.

So let's not go there. As long as we are respectful in this place, I feel we should all be able to express ourselves honestly. There is no doubt that JT is a monster. No matter his motivations, his reasons, who was the mastermind, etc... it doesn't change his level of responsibility and blame. It doesn't change the justice he has due to him. No one pities him. It's just that it is a very human tendancy to try to explain the unexplainable and to understand the irrational. It doesn't make sense and it SHOULDN'T make sense. It's just that as humans, our minds don't work that way. We want it to make sense, because then we might be able to do something about it, to prevent it from happening.

So let's not turn on one another in here. It is what THEY want. THEY have already taken enough from us. Don't let them take any more.

We cross posted and you said it way better than I could have.

Ha! In my life, I'm on an extended sabbatical from all cases. Glad he confessed, sort of. Now let's just get to the ending. The middle part just sucks until the verdict. This case just po's me that it happened in the first place.

This is the first time I've read these details.

An FBI agent whose affidavit was used in the complaint said the brothers were seen walking in Boylston Street near the marathon finish line 11 minutes before the explosions, each wearing a backpack.

At one point, the older Tsarnaev headed closer to the finish line and the location of what would be the first explosion, the complaint said.

His brother, meanwhile, headed for a sidewalk in front of a restaurant, near where the second explosion would occur.

Thirty seconds before the first explosion, the younger brother started fidgeting with his mobile phone.

After the first blast, virtually everyone around him turned to look in that direction "in apparent bewilderment and alarm," while Dzhokhar Tsarnaev appeared calm, the complaint said.

He walked away from the finish line, having left his backpack on the ground where he had been standing, the complaint said.

About 10 seconds later the second explosion ripped through the crowd.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-...aev-charged/4644962?google_editors_picks=true

There is a PDF of the affadivit at the above link. It is very interesting to read.

had a brain glitch and at first saw that as and I was like: oh my! let's get ready to ruuuuumble!

heard one of the CNN THs say "they have his fingerprints on a tree." they're doing some serious i-dotting and t-crossing!

In the pictures after the 2nd blast, where the forensic teams, in white suits, were working the scene; i noticed that they already took the tree that had been (in the sidewalk square) just West of the mailbox. At first I thought, "what is wrong with these pictures...it should be sign post, tree, mailbox light post." In some of the pics the tree was gone. I was relieved to see that they had removed the tree. I realized that the tree probably held lots of the metal parts/evidence. So, I'm wondering if this is yet another tree that they will remove or if that was news from last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties