Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the mother doesn't have common sense.
did it ever come across her mind that if TT was buried in Boston and they notified everyone where his grave is that there will be more than likely vandalism?

Actually, I wondered if she just said that as a taunt and to portray that it was perfectly fine, her right even. Not that I think she has common sense, maybe though she just doesn't want to. It strange how much she seems like the aunt in Canada even though they are not blood related.

This is exactly what I think. And, I think DT just went along for the "fun ride" in his mind. The only way they would make a name (of any sort, be it a very, very bad one) for themselves. They may not have viewed it as a bad name.

I admit I have a hard time with DT being involved in all this.I read his twitter front to back and he really seems so normal,great sense of humor, sensitive,all around normal teenager,IMO,that what just kills me,seems like if this guy did that,anyone could be capable,just makes me sick to see him so calm and at times enjoying himself during the attacks.....sort of like Columbine where everyone knew Eric Harris was capable,the angry force but Dylan ,the quiet one seemed to have "the time of his life " during the shootings....

I don't have a problem with this missing guy being looked at as a suspect last week. It made perfect sense to look into somebody who's routine had changed etc.
I do have a problem with the NYPost's articles. Early Friday morning this fellow's name was being tweeted as one of the suspects. I have no idea how that happened but it was coming from main stream media.
As for Redditt, I was reading a lot of the posts there and people were crowd sleuthing just as many others were. It is one thing to say this person should be looked at and another to put a person's name out there as a confirmed suspect.

The news over here (Australia) named him as one of the suspects on the nightly news, as this was all unfolding, just before the names of the brothers were released. I find it extremely unprofessional that news outlets found the need to run with a name before it was actually confirmed. Never let the truth get in the way of a quick story.

I admit I have a hard time with DT being involved in all this.I read his twitter front to back and he really seems so normal,great sense of humor, sensitive,all around normal teenager,IMO,that what just kills me,seems like if this guy did that,anyone could be capable,just makes me sick to see him so calm and at times enjoying himself during the attacks.....sort of like Columbine where everyone knew Eric Harris was capable,the angry force but Dylan ,the quiet one seemed to have "the time of his life " during the shootings....

Oh, that just made me wonder if these brothers made videos of practice bombings. I know the younger one was posting about the "fireworks" on twitter, so I'm guessing that is the ones they purchased for bomb making. Posting about such things, reminded me of Eric and Dylan. And, yes, it is shocking, actually horrifying, to see such seemingly normal people enjoying such heinous acts.

I just had another thought regarding TT and DT's mother.

We know she has shoplifted, we know they care a lot about money, portraying herself as the "wholesome and heartbroken mother who's son's are now martyrs" can have some benefits in very Islamic societies.

Not only respect but also financial benefits depending on the area and the groups they are sympathetic too. Hamas pays the families of suicide bombers killed for their cause, Dagestan is supposedly VERY Islamic and conservative so the mother may be hoping to milk this situation for everything it is worth.

I don't have a problem with this missing guy being looked at as a suspect last week. It made perfect sense to look into somebody who's routine had changed etc.
I do have a problem with the NYPost's articles. Early Friday morning this fellow's name was being tweeted as one of the suspects. I have no idea how that happened but it was coming from main stream media.
As for Redditt, I was reading a lot of the posts there and people were crowd sleuthing just as many others were. It is one thing to say this person should be looked at and another to put a person's name out there as a confirmed suspect.

Would be interesting to know if ST knew DT and TT (no, I don't think ST had anything to do with this act of terrorism). Looking forward to autopsy results on this young man that may tell us how long he might have been in the water.

I just had another thought regarding TT and DT's mother.

We know she has shoplifted, we know they care a lot about money, portraying herself as the "wholesome and heartbroken mother who's son's are now martyrs" can have some benefits in very Islamic societies.

Not only respect but also financial benefits depending on the area and the groups they are sympathetic too. Hamas pays the families of suicide bombers killed for their cause, Dagestan is supposedly VERY Islamic and conservative so the mother may be hoping to milk this situation for everything it is worth.

Didn't know that. Thought she may be in danger for running her mouth and picking a sore issue. I thought most may view them as shaming them.

I don't know. I do feel sorry for her, not a good situation to be in, but, she should have been talking with them already.

I know they asked, she lawyer blocked. I would have lawyered up, but with an appropriate kind of lawyer, and would have already been down to the U.S. Attorney's office or whomever office, and talked with my lawyer present.

Someone is blocking and it is not the Government.

Agree!

"Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has also told investigators that he and his brother got instructions on building bombs from an online magazine published by al Qaeda, federal law enforcement officials told NBC News.

Follow @NBCNewsUS
He told investigators that the brothers read the instructions in Inspire, an online, English-language magazine that terror monitoring groups say al Qaeda began publishing in 2010.
The magazine has twice included articles on building bombs with kitchen pressure cookers — the method investigators say Tsarnaev and his brother, Tamerlan, used in the Boston attack."

This is a great post and very important observation. The Younger brother was going to parties, doing pot...maybe drinking...all things the Older Brother had given up and was infuriated by. So, just as jjenny says...if he did not want to do something, he just did not do it.

And I wish these "excuses" would stop..."boxing damage?" Only one of these terrorists boxed! Is "boxing damage" infectious? Ridiculous excuse making!

You an jjenny are right on point.

Couldn't agree more, too many excuses for behavior being made for these two.

There is no justification for their actions, there is no way to soften or explain away the acts they performed

Common sense would tell a person that has common sense that being cremated and shipped off to the parents would be the logical thing to do. They can put his ashes in a pressure cooker.
:floorlaugh:

But the mother doesn't have common sense.
did it ever come across her mind that if TT was buried in Boston and they notified everyone where his grave is that there will be more than likely vandalism?

Also, she would not be able to visit her sons grave if it was in Boston...at least not until after she deals with that shoplifting charge.

Common sense would tell a person that has common sense that being cremated and shipped off to the parents would be the logical thing to do. They can put his ashes in a pressure cooker.

He is Muslim. Thus cremation is NOT an option.

... So, just as jjenny says...if he did not want to do something, he just did not do it.

And I wish these "excuses" would stop..."boxing damage?" Only one of these terrorists boxed! Is "boxing damage" infectious? Ridiculous excuse making!

Exactly. The older one became so relgious, he even reportedly convinced the mother to start wearing conservative clothes. And yet here is the younger brother, not being a devout Muslim by any account. Sure sounds to me that the younger did what he wanted when he wanted.

This is a great post and very important observation. The Younger brother was going to parties, doing pot...maybe drinking...all things the Older Brother had given up and was infuriated by. So, just as jjenny says...if he did not want to do something, he just did not do it.

Every time an idea comes along that may explain some of the reason that these brothers ended up being who they were it is inevitable that we hear this rant. Explaining the basis of who they were and the possible causes is NOT EXCUSE MAKING!!! It is quite simply a rational way of trying to make sense of how these brothers ended up thinking in ways that most find unfathomable.

I hope the next time someone whines about people making excuses, they will bother going to the dictionary and looking up the definition of excuse, and then that of cause. They are two entirely different things.

Actually, I wondered if she just said that as a taunt and to portray that it was perfectly fine, her right even. Not that I think she has common sense, maybe though she just doesn't want to. It strange how much she seems like the aunt in Canada even though they are not blood related.

In the beginning I felt incredibly sorry for this woman, she's in a completely different country and there's no real way of knowing how much of the information she is getting over there. She also comes from a country where the government is completely different than it is in America, so she likely does not have much trust in whatever information she is getting from the authorities. And no mother wants to believe that the babies she raised are capable of such a thing.

But the more she speaks out, the more I wish she'd just keep her mouth shut. She is a grieving mother, but her comments are now coming across as insensitive, especially when she makes comments about how proud she is of her boys. When she said that TT would be buried with full rites in a Boston cemetery, I feel it was one step too far. Firstly, I would think that she would want her son's remains to be sent back home where they could have some kind of ceremony for the family (seeing as she can't come to the US or she'll be arrested). And secondly, surely she would know that the people of Boston would have a huge issue with the remains of someone they consider a terrorist being buried in Boston (even American) soil. His grave would be vandalized over and over again, I don't see why she would want that.

I understand she's grieving, in denial, shock, whatever. But I feel that she needs to keep this out of the media for now, because every statement she comes out to make seems to be making the situation worse.

:twocents:

I think the whole Boston burial is to incite more outrage from people from Chechnya or wherever.

If we recall, Auntie was yelling last week that their bodies would be brought back home. Now she is yelling that no one will bury TT in Boston, after Mom is spouting off that TT will be buried in Boston. They have an agenda. MOO

Since she dropped out of college and her husband doesn't work, sounds like she had to work her tail off. And I am still confused if she lived with her husband or her parents. And where was her child when she thought her husband was babysitting?
I wonder what her parents are thinking.

As a parent I would have had some tough questions for my daughter prior to April 15th. It doesn't sound like KT was estranged from her parents. Wouldn't you as a parent and grandparent be wondering and worrying about your family? I wouldn't be the nicest mother-in-law if I knew my son-in-law was unemployed while my daughter was working 70-80 hours a week.
Fast forward to April 18th. I sure would have some even tougher questions for my daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamb79