Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To get back on topic though, that facebook fanpage of DT claiming he was set up is made by friends of his.. I've been following this "case" for quite a while and none of them can make sense out of this because Jahar was such a normal kid.. it must be hard, imagine one of your close friends getting in this kind of situation, it'd be hard to believe.. for us it is easy as we have no connection with this individual.

I do understand what you are saying. It must be shocking to everyone, his family, friends, teachers, anyone in contact with him.

But he has now admitted, to a United States Judge, that he did it with his brother. That should be enough to believe, even if it is shocking.

I think TT put a song on youtube talking about a fall out with Misha. At least that's the jist I got yesterday from the translations, and I could have totally misunderstood that.

Translation clearly indicates TT had a fall out with Misha.

I wonder if TT"s change had to do with not being able to become a U.S. citizen,much like Hitler's experience of not being accepted into the art academy? By all accounts TT was a bully,eccentric and had dreams of boxing on the U.S. olympic team.He had this sense of being grandiose I.M.O. and probably felt betrayed by the U.S.,I completely doubt his extremist ideas had much to do with politics and religion,more so his own ego.IMO his mother seems like that also.

Yes I agree with you both. She alienates me too and even, as I have said before, scares me. I just wanted to try and explain her bizarre behaviour. I didn't feel compassionate towards her, just trying to understanding why she behaves like that. I don't like to judge someone I have only seen so far at a moment they are going through a major traumatic experience. It's clear that at the moment she is completely overwhelmed and unable to deal with the situation in an intelligent way. Given that she just basically lost both of her sons I think we should cut her some slack for the way she behaves. Just moo.

I think your empathizing with some of the possible emotions she must be wrestling with IS compassion, and - JMO, maybe - I find that insightful, somewhat rare, and commendable. Especially in light of the emotions we all are dealing with concerning this atrocity.

I wonder if TT"s change had to do with not being able to become a U.S. citizen,much like Hitler's experience of not being accepted into the art academy? By all accounts TT was a bully,eccentric and had dreams of boxing on the U.S. olympic team.He had this sense of being grandiose I.M.O. and probably felt betrayed by the U.S.,I completely doubt his extremist ideas had much to do with politics and religion,more so his own ego.IMO his mother seems like that also.

This is exactly what I think. And, I think DT just went along for the "fun ride" in his mind. The only way they would make a name (of any sort, be it a very, very bad one) for themselves. They may not have viewed it as a bad name.

They weren't living in the slums, the building was nice. TT sat around all day and spent money on sporting equipment and trips-- if he wanted to fix up their "dump" he easily could have done it. Now grant it, it isn't the same as having a huge house with maids etc...but still.

I honestly don't think they cared if they lived in a mess, I think it was "normal" for them.

Yep... doesn't cost that much to take out the trash and wash the dishes.

to be honest if the pics are actually their place looks like they were just typical slobs...lol

Anybody who's been through a college dorm or bachelors place will recognize it for what it is. not saying that all young people are slobs but it's not something rare by any stretch

I still think this started in 2007, just as the uncle said, that's 5-6 years of gestating. And, I think mom and dad knew full well it had started back then.

Could be, but wouldn't more people notice. His friends, his girlfriends, his wife, his neighbors, and so on???

I object to using "brainwashing" as well.
By the way, despite younger one supposedly following the older one, only older one described as religious. The younger one is described as not religious, as using pot, etc.
So, how much influence did older brother really have over the younger one? Seems that if younger one didn't want to do something (such as attend mosque and be a devout Muslim) then he didn't do it.

This is a great post and very important observation. The Younger brother was going to parties, doing pot...maybe drinking...all things the Older Brother had given up and was infuriated by. So, just as jjenny says...if he did not want to do something, he just did not do it.

And I wish these "excuses" would stop..."boxing damage?" Only one of these terrorists boxed! Is "boxing damage" infectious? Ridiculous excuse making!

This is exactly what I think. And, I think DT just went along for the "fun ride" in his mind. The only way they would make a name (of any sort, be it a very, very bad one) for themselves. They may not have viewed it as a bad name.

And I believe I read somewhere that the reason he wasn't able to become an American was because of the DV charge in 2009...

I'd venture to say not, but I'm sure we'll see this thrown around a bit. The majority of boxers don't become terrorists, I know a few professional fighters, and they're honestly the sweetest men (when they're not in the ring). Brain injury or not, there's no excuse for what happened. The boxing industry had nothing to do with the actions of this man (if you can even call him that).

I also don't like the articles that seem to excuse the behavior of DT because he was a 'follower'. Whether he idolized his brother or not, the majority of people have a set of morals that would prevent them from placing a bomb at the feet of a child, no matter who asked them to do it. The pictures and footage from that day show that he seemed completely at ease with what he was doing, he did not seem nervous or agitated, and it definitely didn't look like he was acting under duress. Once he crossed that line there was no turning back, he is no longer the person that his friends describe him as, he is a cold blooded child killer.

I thought I'd find some kind of peace once the bombers were found, but instead, I feel upset and angry. I will never understand what drives someone to ruin so many lives.

:twocents:

damn right they can't find a mosque that will perform the funeral....and try to find a plot is going to be a challenge too.....good luck on that....maybe they should just cremate his body and take it back to Russia....

Common sense would tell a person that has common sense that being cremated and shipped off to the parents would be the logical thing to do. They can put his ashes in a pressure cooker.

This article explains a bit more about the dynamics, Misha, parents, uncles...

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/bomb-suspect-influenced-mysterious-radical

Once, Khozhugov said, Misha came to the family home outside Boston and sat in the kitchen, chatting with Tamerlan for hours.
"Misha was telling him what is Islam, what is good in Islam, what is bad in Islam," said Khozhugov, who said he was present for the conversation. "This is the best religion and that's it. Mohammed said this and Mohammed said that."

The conversation continued until Tamerlan's father, Anzor, came home from work. "It was late, like midnight," Khozhugov said. "His father comes in and says, 'Why is Misha here so late and still in our house?' He asked it politely. Tamerlan was so much into the conversation he didn't listen."

Khozhugov said Tamerlan's mother, Zubeidat, told him not to worry.

"'Don't interrupt them,'" Khozhugov recalled the mother saying. "'They're talking about religion and good things. Misha is teaching him to be good and nice.'"

As time went on, Tamerlan and his father argued about the young man's new beliefs.

Could be, but wouldn't more people notice. His friends, his girlfriends, his wife, his neighbors, and so on???

I think people did notice. He was married long after this started, either she was extremely naive/taken in by him or she believed as he did also. I don't know about GF's ... maybe they weren't around long enough or didn't piece it together, who knows. Evidently two uncles were concerned for a long time. Hard to say what someone does or doesn't divulge to those who know them. TT didn't seem to have many longterm friends?

Am hearing on CNN again that KT is wanting to help, but hasn't spoken with investigators yet. What gives here?

Common sense would tell a person that has common sense that being cremated and shipped off to the parents would be the logical thing to do. They can put his ashes in a pressure cooker.

But the mother doesn't have common sense.
did it ever come across her mind that if TT was buried in Boston and they notified everyone where his grave is that there will be more than likely vandalism?

The Younger Brother has admitted that it was about religion. He has admitted reading Inspire magazine and learning bomb making techniques right there. Jihad has everything to do with politics and religion.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...2fee0c-ab0a-11e2-9493-2ff3bf26c4b4_story.html

The older brother had already been pointed out as a possible terrorist by the Russians and investigated for his radical beliefs BEFORE his citizenship was held up. His radicalization caused and preceded the delay.

Am hearing on CNN again that KT is wanting to help, but hasn't spoken with investigators yet. What gives here?

I don't know. I do feel sorry for her, not a good situation to be in, but, she should have been talking with them already.

I know they asked, she lawyer blocked. I would have lawyered up, but with an appropriate kind of lawyer, and would have already been down to the U.S. Attorney's office or whomever office, and talked with my lawyer present.

Someone is blocking and it is not the Government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member