Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Uncle Ruslan made reference to someone who had been a bad influence, some local guy? Okay, this is a MUST READ article:

BOMB SUSPECT INFLUENCED BY MYSTERIOUS RADICAL
By ADAM GOLDMAN, ERIC TUCKER and MATT APUZZO
— Apr. 23 5:22 PM EDT
Associated Press

"WASHINGTON (AP) — In the years before the Boston Marathon bombings, Tamerlan Tsarnaev fell under the influence of a new friend, a Muslim convert who steered the religiously apathetic young man toward a strict strain of Islam, family members said.

Under the tutelage of a friend known to the Tsarnaev family only as Misha, Tamerlan gave up boxing and stopped studying music, his family said. He began opposing the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. He turned to websites and literature claiming that the CIA was behind the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and Jews controlled the world."

Much, much more!!!

Is there any more info re: Misha? Any interviews I've missed?

Some refugees are coming here because of actions the US took against their country! We give refugee, refugee status usually because of a conflict we were in and made it more risky for them. One example would be the Hmong who are from laos and who fought on our side during the Vietnam, they became enemies of Vietnam because of a conflict we brought them into. When the risk of threat lowers in their homeland as things do change politically over time, is it not ok for them to want to visit their homeland?

We are talking about THESE particular "refugees" and nothing has changed in their homeland. Yet they seem quitecomfortable goingback and forth. It would be bad enough if these grifters were just ripping off the Givernment and went undetected for years and years...but they were brought to the attention of our government numerous times...and because nothing was done, people are dead.

This isnot about politics. This is about demanding decent oversight to prevent this type of scam and more importantly, SAVE LIVES. It does not effect one deserving immigrant to demand that families like this be flushed out.

The biggest concern is that any communication with his parents will put fear into DT and totally slow down or shut down any answers the government is getting! IMO, each passing day that DT is isolated in the hospital room, the greater our chance of getting answers before he lawyers up. When did terrorists, or even suspects, have the privilege of having visitors?

Of course, this is assuming that his parents are granted rights to visit him. All criminals are someone's child. Age makes no difference. Age might make us more tender hearted regarding the criminal, but let's remember the horrific crime he committed and the many victims whose lives have been changed/ruined forever due to DT!

Snipped for space.

I would hope that they wouldn't allow him to see his parents unless under strict supervision, for this exact reason. He gave up his privileges the moment he placed that bomb. Why should he get to be reassured by his mother, especially when she believes he's done no wrong. He doesn't get to hear her tell him how 'proud' she is of him and his brother, he doesn't get to have her comfort him and tell him what a 'good son' he is.

He took away the life of a small boy who will never again hear his parents tell him how proud they are of all the things he would have accomplished. He took away this child's life, took away the leg of his darling sister who wanted to be a dancer, and gave his mother brain damage. He destroyed this family, not to mention the countless others who's lives have been changed forever because of his actions.

This is what I've been telling myself every time I start to feel compassion for him because of his baby face and young age. He is a terrorist. He has forfeited his rights. And he will receive no 'pass' from me, because really, he was old enough to know better.

I'd really like to know what the reasoning is behind his parents being brought to the USA, but I'm sure we'll find out in good time. I have trust in the law and those who uphold it, so I will trust that this is being done for good reason.

Sorry for the rant, I've just been reading some articles about the victims of this attack, and it's really upset me. None of this is fair, and I hate that he is taking up so much of the news at the moment, because I feel that to give him such an enormous amount of attention is letting him know that he won.

Ok, people.. they were NOT Refugees. Dad came with one son, DT, on a tourist Visa and somehow got asylum. How the rest got here or when, IDK... if anyone does, please, enlighten us. Somehow I guess the aunt in Canada was of some help...she claimed.

I really think a deal was made with her that they would drop that charge, if she could help them to get the young lad, their ANGEL to start giving them the information that they really need, names places dates, etc, as it looks like he is not telling them really what they want to know, just my take, I wonder where they will stay, because let us face it, I am sure that there are people that would like to harm them, more tax payers money.

There's definitely a deal in place if they are coming back. We may never know what it is but hopefully we'll learn someday

I am getting so tired of hearing the friends of these suspects describing the suspects as "great" guys. In what universe were these two "great guys?"
One is an alleged pothead and pot dealer with failing grades.
The one one living on welfare despite being a healthy adult male, and supposedly babysitting his child while his wife worked (supposedly 70-80 hours, if her lawyer is to be believed).
What in the world is so great about the two of them?
:banghead:

Ok, people.. they were NOT Refugees. Dad came with one son, DT, on a tourist Visa and somehow got asylum. How the rest got here or when, IDK... if anyone does, please, enlighten us. Somehow I guess the aunt in Canada was of some help...she claimed.
How do you think they got this asylum? Presumably they got a refugee visa when they got this asylum.

And it becomes even more ironic! If we go with the reality that what we tell the world is that we have rights against govt intrusion.

Don’t know about any of you but I am pretty confident that I would feel more than intruded upon if 6 guys, with assault rifles, bulletproof vests decided to just come on in.
There is more irony here as well. 9000 Le folks, over 20 hours and at the end of the day it was a kind old man that, for free (!) ended it.

During the actual day when they kept calling him a hero it bewildered me. As a society are we saying that a fellow American who stumbles upon what appears to be a serious injured human being and they call help for the downed human being who needs help is a hero or a human being that cares about another human being... It was a human – he did not know who it was.
For that to be heroic requires some pondering on our parts as to what it says about us. No?

I respectively disagree, but this is an issue that a lot of people will feel very differently about.

Yes, I would feel incredibly intruded upon if I opened my door to a bunch of men with guns and bulletproof vests shouting at me to get out. But these men were LE agents, that was apparent by what they were wearing. This isn't something that happens all the time, in fact, this is the first that I've heard of something like this ever happening in the US. If it were a more common occurrence than this ONE hunt for a terrorist, it would be very concerning, but I strongly believe that LE acted with the public's best interests at heart. By going door to door and searching these houses, they were ensuring that the people in those houses were safe. Yes, it would have been scary for the residents, and yes, it would be a terrifying thing to live through, but they were on the hunt for a suspect who they KNEW to be armed and on the loose in the neighborhood. A suspect who had already killed that night.

IMO, there wasn't time to be 'nice' about it. They were there to find a terrorist and prevent any more lives from being lost.

As for the man who finally found the suspect, he is incredibly lucky. He knew there was an armed mad man on the loose, and yet he still went to his boat to check out what was going on when he saw the cover was loose and there was blood on the boat. He could very easily have been killed. While we know NOW that DT was far too injured to have posed a threat to anyone, we did not know that at the time. This man WAS brave, although personally, I don't know if I'd call him a hero for what he did.

JMO

What does that have to do with what I posted? I wasn't even responding to your posts

I'm talking about why they're coming to the US to be interviewed, why they may not feel safe discussing their son's current situation in Russia.

You're talking about why the left Russia 12 years ago or whatever it was and why they went back, this isn't an immigration discussion, there's a political thread for that.

How and why the parents got here and how and why they felt safe going back to Russia have zero to do with their current situation coming back to the US to talk with authorities about their sons activities in Boston.

The audacity of this family to abuse our system , make mockery of our generosity is one thing. But the ease that they come and go from this country they "fled" as...."fearful refugees"... and their sons trips there to meet 6 times with a Jihadist Iman...may hold valuable lessons for us in preventing the next terror attack.

There is nothing unimportant about this "refugee" family.

Immigration comes up because, sadly,this family was exploiting every generous American program to help immigrants...and then their sons exploded bombs and set off a shut down of an American city for two days. If bad fuses cause an airplane crash...we look at everything about fuses...so it does not happen again. Is that..."political?" No common sense. Prevention. That is why we are discussing THESE immigrants...because a lot of things went very wrong here and
people are maimed and dead.

So any refugee who has the audacity to make a trip back home to say, visit family? Have their children meet their grandparents? Should be considered a serious terror threat? Are we to not allow any of our refuges to visit their homeland? Are we to force them to stay her and never leave because they are in fear of their lives that they will be accused of being a terrorist if they do?

It's a fine line and I agree with you, the system is certainly not perfect. I agree that people should work hard and not abuse the system. ALL of my ancestors were immigrants, they came from multiple countries, where various ages on their arrival, and none spoke English. But they all learned, they all worked, and they didn't get handouts from the government, they put up withAnd I think a fair number of Americans share a similar background. But we have to remember times are different, the minimum level of education required for base level jobs is different, the policies are different. So immigrants now have a different set of challenges then our ancestors did. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I think we need to watch that for the sake of justice we not starting to create policies that are guilty until proven innocent.

Also it is not the abuse to our system and generosity that is culpable ... If we want to view what we are doing wrong as a society...it is budding our noises into the conflicts of every other country as if we are the only country on earth that knows how to handle an issue and self govern....because that is where are luck of resources for our OWN needy comes from....not from tending to the refugees whom we displace because of nose butting.
So agree. What is happening here is lots of us are (becasue we know - we saw video) looking at them as terrorists. Innocent before............we would have no reason , OTHER THAN THEY ARE HIS PARENTS to say you cant come cause WE THINK! your son did this.

No. They jumped ahead of other immigrants because they claimed "refugee" status. That means they had legitimate reasons for fearing to return to their country. THAT is how they got to stay here and collect welfare, housing assistance, food stamps. THEY CLAIMED that they had good reasons to fear going home.

Once settled in...they start going there on vacations!!!!
Just like millions of residents of the US do daily!

On AC 360 they were just now saying that the father is on the way, the mother won't come. And if she would she certainly would be arrested (for shoplifting). They were also saying that any conversation between father and son would be closely monitored, that there is no privilege as for attorney/client.

Plus, that investigators now believe that TT was dealing drugs to finance his trip to Russia, the bombs, and everything. They don't believe that DT was dealing drugs, or only on a very small scale (sometimes dope to friends).

I wonder whether TT was feeding DT's drug habit and so had even more power over him.

I think this is a really good theory. It makes a lot of sense, with what we're seeing about his personality, imo.
Nice to be reading your thoughts again! We did Batman together!

So you think any citizen of the US should be flagged just for spending time in a country with a known radical underground? Is that what you are suggesting?

No, sorry, should have been more clear. I meant they should be flagged if it's known that they had/have contact with radical movements and/or individuals.

That's wide open to speculation...

It is interesting they are coming back, we'll find out soon enough I imagine. Could end up being nothing or something in a bigger scope

Heck they might even end up staying here depending on what dirt they spill.

They might have real reason to fear going back this time around.
I think dad bought them over to better their there situation. Seems like dad worked while here. I think he became disenchanted with the system here and just went back to what is really his home.

The audacity of this family to abuse our system , make mockery of our generosity is one thing. But the ease that they come and go from tnis country they "fled" asfearful "refugees"... and their sons trips there to meet 6 times with a Jihadist Iman...may hold valuable lessons for us in preventing the next terror attack.

There is nothing unimportant about this "refugee" family.

Immigration comes up because, sadly,this family was exploiting every generous American program to help immigrants...and then their sons exploded bombs and set off a shut down of an American city for two days. If bad fuses cause an airplane crash...we look at everything about fuses...so it does not happen again. Is that..."political?" No common sense. Prevention. That is why we are discussing THESE immigrants...because a lot of things went very wrong here and
people are maimed and dead.

Please stop arguing against points I never made. Please and Thank you

If mother isn't coming, that certainly kills the idea that they are somehow scared being in Russia. I certainly wouldn't have let the father into the country, if it was up to me.

Wow.

Jeanne Daniels ‏@yanyaa 1h

@PiersMorganLive "Wm.Sonoma has pulled pressure cookers from shelves. Too bad they aren' t sole distributers of assault rifles."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway