Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...if there was no gun in the boat, the throat wound (as the others) could not have been self-inflicted. No suicide attempt.

Officials: Boston suspect had no firearm when barrage of bullets hit hiding place

By Sari Horwitz and Peter Finn, Updated: Wednesday, April 24, 6:08 PM

Although police feared he was heavily armed, the suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing had no firearms when he came under a barrage of police gunfire that struck the boat where he was hiding, according to multiple federal law enforcement officials.

Authorities said they were desperate to capture Dzhokhar Tsarnaev so he could be questioned. The FBI, however, declined to discuss what prompted the gunfire. Other law enforcement officials said the shooting may have been prompted by the chaos of the moment and some action that led the officers to believe Tsarnaev had fired a weapon or was about to detonate explosives.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/officials-boston-suspect-had-no-firearm-when-barrage-of-bullets-hit-hiding-place/2013/04/24/376fc8a0-ad18-11e2-a8b9-2a63d75b5459_story.html

Just like millions of residents of the US do daily!

The people I volunteer to help...who are on assistance...are NOT taking expensive foriegn vacations. I sincerely hope "millions" of those on public assistance are NOT finding thousands of dollars of loose change to travel abroad,

About two years ago, the father, Anzor, returned to Dagestan and his former wife also returned to Russia sometime later, according to CNN, leaving the sons on their own. The parents went back and forth to the United States numerous times to visit their children, their aunt said, and another relative said the older brother, Tamerlan, also spent a lengthy period in Russia last year.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ger-sibling/UCYHkiP9nfsjAtMjJPWJJL/story.html

That to me sounds more like they moved back to dagestan 2 years ago and would come back to the states to visit their children. Not that they traveled back and fourth to Dagestan as us residence. There is no indication they traveled back and fourth before 2 years ago. How do we know when their US residents and thus benefits ended? Perhaps 2 years ago when they moved back to Dagestan?

Therefor not actually refugees who took advantage of the system while traveling around like we are accusing them of.

I think it has been widely reported TT went twice, the first time in 2011 after his friends death and again in 2012. Do you have any links for the information on his mothers travels? I hadn't seen where she had Gina back and fourth multiple times. Thanks.

About two years ago, the father, Anzor, returned to Dagestan and his former wife also returned to Russia sometime later, according to CNN, leaving the sons on their own. The parents went back and forth to the United States numerous times to visit their children, their aunt said, and another relative said the older brother, Tamerlan, also spent a lengthy period in Russia last year.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...JJL/story.html

NOT hurting for money now. Making "numerous trips back and forth." And no longer the fearful refugees that have to jump in line before others waiting to immigrate.

WHERE IS THIS MONEY COMING FROM? Maybe our government should ask them to repay the monies we gave them in good faith...even if it means fewer jet-setter trips here and there.

Please, someone who knows Federal Policy/Law:
Isn't refugee permanent residency status conditional on obeying the laws of this country. What are the provisions for when this generosity goes unappreciated and the permanent visitor breaks our laws?

Hmm. I thought the wording of those early reports sounded strange. I was viewing live video of the 'firefight' and could only see flashes of fire coming from the direction of LE, not the boat.

(I believe the 9mm recovered from the gun battle in the wee hours of Friday morning is the with the serial number filed off; they are still trying to determine its origin.)

Gunbattle with 2 brothers at 12:50 AM:

9mm recovered with serial number filed off:

What?! Now they're saying they found NO weapon on DT or in the boat?
I had been asking this very question right after I heard about the alleged gun battle between DT and the police and that he attempted suicide while in the boat.

I didn't think DT would have made the mistake of shooting himself through the mouth to the back of his neck instead of to his brain had he really been trying to off himself. Dang, talk about inaccurate reporting by the media.

So I take it this means DT did not shoot himself in the throat/neck and that it was likely LE that did that?

Hmm. I thought the wording of those early reports sounded strange. I was viewing live video of the 'firefight' and could only see flashes of fire coming from the direction of LE, not the boat.

(I believe the 9mm recovered from the gun battle in the wee hours of Friday morning is the with the serial number filed off; they are still trying to determine its origin.)

Gunbattle with 2 brothers at 12:50 AM:

9mm recovered with serial number filed off:

The Boston Police commissioner, the Watertown Police chief and the Swat team members on scene have all said DT was armed at the time of his apprehension. For now I'm going with their statements over unnamed US officials, but that's JMO.

How do we know the parents vacationed back and fourth. I've only see that they came here and remained here until they traveled back to the homeland within the past year and have since stayed there. I have seen nothing that the parents went back and fourth.

I trust are government believes they are an advantage to us in some way, and if they had the same concerns about them coming here, as has been expressed by some posters the government could easily deny them entry. Additional we do not KNOW who is footing the travel bill.

Read my post again, carefully. I didn't say the parents vacationed back and forth, I said TT did.

From that article it sounds as though the parents WILL be coming to the States:

“During the talks it was decided to take the Tsarnaev parents to the United States. The parents have given their consent to this, they will be involved in the U.S. investigation,” the source told RIA Novosti.

I'm okay with footing the bill as long as there's a waterboard involved.

I actually took a screen shot of this early on...but discounted it as conspiracy theory since the Anonymous poster claimed the bombing would be pinned on just one "unstable" male, late teens to early 20s. Reminded me a bit of the Chinese fortune cookies I open. Make the prediction generalized enough and in line with the odds, and it'll come true! ;)

That's what I thought too. Plus, it doesn't take a genius to realize that you're going to find most of the things mentioned (firearms, things used to make weapons, etc) in the home of the terrorist anyway.

I will never understand why people are so willing (and eager) to believe that when something terrible happens, their own government must be behind it.

FINAL WARNING: Take your political comments to the Political Pavilion.

TO's to follow.

I'm okay with footing the bill as long as there's a waterboard involved.

lol They're not going to waterboard the parents. They have no evidence the parents did anything.

I think if the parents want to fly to the US to support their younger son and claim their older son's body, then they should pay their own way. After all, their sons are the alleged perps of terrorism, not innocent victims.

Read my post again, carefully. I didn't say the parents vacationed back and forth, I said TT did.

I guess I'm just trying to understand this whole thing....

So we know his parents had asylum status. What exactly was TT's residence status? He was a permanent citizen but do we know if he had asylum status? He was a minor when he came so maybe he defaulted just to permanent resident when he turned 18, and didn't have the asylum distinction. That could change with how the gov viewed his trip back to the homeland. I'm just saying from a screening perspective. The first time he went there there would have been no reason for him to have been on anyone radar yet. It was during or after that trip the Russians got suspicious. And do we know if the Russians felt he was a risk to them or us? That too might change the screen he was viewed through.

Yes there certainly is the question how does someone who isn't working and collects benefits affording to travel several thousand miles. There are however reasonable explanations he could have had, as in a relative paid for the travel he saved up for it....Also he has family there to put him up, no hotel fees, probably not to many meal expenses, just the ticket which could have been had for under 500.

I'm just trying to view this whole thing from multiple angles.

I think its really easy to point out things that could have made the difference in retrospect.

The Boston Police commissioner, the Watertown Police chief and the Swat team members on scene have all said DT was armed at the time of his apprehension. For now I'm going with their statements over unnamed US officials, but that's JMO.

"Even though the Tsarnaev brothers made a violent dash from police, allegedly tossing homemade bombs as they fled, police told ABC News they so far have recovered only a single, semi-automatic handgun from the two men now accused of carrying off the Boston Marathon bombing.

The gun, presumably wielded by the older of the two brothers, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was recovered by police at the shoot-out scene in Watertown, Mass., and is now with the Massachusetts State Police. Sources told ABC News that no guns were recovered from the boat where 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was eventually apprehended after a stand-off with police. "

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/singl...boston-bombers/story?id=19028841#.UXiQEpG_5nI

bbm

It's really confusing. :facepalm:

I don't think the nude man LE captured was TT. The pic of the nude man in the link you give is too grainy and unclear. Was this link taken from a conspiracy truther site?

Moreover, there were news reports wherein the nude man was interviewed by LE and released. He was identified as an innocent bystander, not TT.

It was indeed. I was just posting it to show what I'd seen flying around facebook at the moment. I in NO way believe this myself, just wanted to share.

ETA: I just found it interesting how little 'information' people need to start these conspiracy theories, and how willing people are to believe it, regardless of the evidence right in front of them suggesting otherwise.

He's said plenty. Here are some of the statements.

"Somebody clearly framed them," Anzor said. "I don't know who exactly framed them, but they did. They framed them. And they were so cowardly that they shot the boy dead."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/19/boston-bombing-suspects-families/2097659/

Thanks yeah I'd read that.. That's after the oldest was killed I was saying I hadn't seen much talking from the Father after the second son's capture.

Wait DURING talks it was decided.....something tells me the Feds don't mind using tax payer money because they feel these parents are going to be very beneficial to their cause...

I wonder what info they are willing to give up, and what's been promised in exchanged?

And considering that mother could be arrested upon arrival on the shoplifting charge, why did she even agree to come (assuming she did agree and msm isn't just blowing smoke)?

Agree, I can't see why these same parents who had the money to travel to Russia and their son TT had the resources to take vacations back and forth from Russia to America suddenly cannot use the same resources for themselves at this particular juncture in time. I cannot believe the conspiracy-driven truther parents are now continuing to take advantage of the US by making us PAY their way to America so they can "support" their terrorist sons. Shame on us Americans for being used and abused, yet again, by this atrocious, repulsively immoral family.

On AC 360 they were just now saying that the father is on the way, the mother won't come. And if she would she certainly would be arrested (for shoplifting). They were also saying that any conversation between father and son would be closely monitored, that there is no privilege as for attorney/client.

Plus, that investigators now believe that TT was dealing drugs to finance his trip to Russia, the bombs, and everything. They don't believe that DT was dealing drugs, or only on a very small scale (sometimes dope to friends).

I wonder whether TT was feeding DT's drug habit and so had even more power over him.

This comes as no surprise. Two young adults from a welfare family, TT with no career aspirations, no job and a wife and baby...the money obviously had to come from somewhere. It's typical for the situation, unfortunately, but I didn't want to cast stereotypes by suggesting it before MSM did.

Just to add...I think that if the FBI wanted the mother and father to come to the US--indeed, agreed "to TAKE her to the US," it was certainly not for the purposes of letting her visit her son and spew conspiracy venom to the press. It would be to serve their investigative purposes. She's shown no discretion whatsoever as to when it's wise to not talk; she's the type that could supply as many new questions to consider as she could answers. I'm sure they thought what she might come out with would be worth the trip.

That to me sounds more like they moved back to dagestan 2 years ago and would come back to the states to visit their children. Not that they traveled back and fourth to Dagestan as us residence. There is no indication they traveled back and fourth before 2 years ago. How do we know when their US residents and thus benefits ended? Perhaps 2 years ago when they moved back to Dagestan?

Therefor not actually refugees who took advantage of the system while traveling around like we are accusing them of.

Yeah I think this is closer to the proper timeline of their activities and it's a great point that they would no longer be on public assistance from the US once they were back in Russia.

I'd also add I'm actually not that worked up over the welfare, and what they did and didn't do while they were taking it. I don't see it as having any bearing on the case in the grand scheme of things. The family has a lot more to answer to than just what they did with their welfare checks

Just to add...I think that if the FBI wanted the mother and father to come to the US--indeed, agreed "to TAKE her to the US," it was certainly not for the purposes of letting her visit her son and spew conspiracy venom to the press. It would be to serve their investigative purposes. She's shown no discretion whatsoever as to when it's wise to not talk; she's the type that could supply as many new questions to consider as she could answers. I'm sure they thought what she might come out with would be worth the trip.

Well said.

Whoever comes here is coming because the Feds want them here, not because they want to help them collect their son or arrange a visit with DT. Those may be side stories to the visit or things offered to entice them but nowhere near what the main reason for their arrival back in the US.

When I was a young teen, my aunt was cooking with a pressure cooker in her kitchen. It blew up and injured her. I have never had the desire to own one and I never will!

I remember my mom using one when we were growing up. It scared the dickens out of me. I've owned one for a couple decades now...and have yet to use it. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezinu