Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you think they got this asylum? Presumably they got a refugee visa when they got this asylum.

Sorry, I misstated my claims. I assume the Dad and KT did subsequently get a refugee visa or whatever happens. But mom and the other 3 kids ...

I guess a point was that dad did not enter the US as a refugee. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I am still wondering if he really needed asylum. The whole family did not enter together.

Some sources say that:

Tamerlan arrived in 2004 (or 2006)...given permanent resident status/green card.

Zubeitda, and sisters arrived at some point (when?) and were given refugee status under the Family Reunification Visa program.

Sources

2006 - Tamerlin comes to US
http://www.turkishweekly.net/news/149332/chechen-trail-in-boston-bombings.html

2004 - "Tamerlan and his two sisters, Alina and Bella, arrive in the US to join the rest of the family."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/21/boston-bombing-suspects-dzhokhar-tamerlan-tsarnaev

2002 - "Tamerlan Tsarnaev and two sisters -- stay behind in Kazakhstan with an uncle, his aunt told reporters in Canada this week....

Tsarnaev, then 16, is in Turkey in July 2003 for 10 days on a Kyrgyz passport, a senior Turkish official says. He comes to the United States that month, along with his two sisters, his aunt, Maret Tsarnaeva, told the Toronto Sun....Tamerlan Tsarnaev first enters the United States

2009, April

The caption of one photo in a gallery describes Tsarnaev as a native of Chechnya and says he has been in the United States for five years.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/21/us/tamerlan-tsarnaev-timeline

Could TT 's best friend have gotten wind of the type of not so nice things TT was doing or planning to do with his earnings...or someone they were both using as a source....and TT sent a "message" to not butt in?

Too soon to tell, though I believe a guy who'd blow up innocent people at a sporting event would have no problem cutting the throats of three people who crossed him.

The authorities ARE re-investigating if there's a connection, though. So I'm content to wait and see.

From the same Washington Post article linked above about the gun with missing serial number is this paragraph (see rectangle):

Had to use screenshot this time because article is now taken down. :confused:

So...if there was no gun in the boat, the throat wound (as the others) could not have been self-inflicted. No suicide attempt.

I read someplace last day or so that it was not a gunshot wound in his throat, it was from shrapnel. Most likely the night they were tossing homemade pipe bombs at the police

I too had put it together for several days now that older brother was dealing drugs for a living.
The red flags:
1.) No real job for years despite being apparently physically fit and capable of work.
2.) Had money to spend for clothing, sports equipment, trips
3.) One article I had read mentioned that despite no longer being a student that he still visited the campus of his school.

The younger one may have been dabbling, but I suspect the older one of being a much bigger dealer.

Many years ago I had a neighbor who - God knows why - shared with me that her husband was dealing pot and that there was 120 pounds (!!) of the stuff in her basement at that very moment. I was so freaked out at her having told me this that I almost fainted on the spot. (She was a very strange woman and I had made the mistake of being friendly to her. Two little boys in that house.) And no, I did not call the police. (Nowadays I think I would, but this was the 70s) One night several months later this family literally moved out in the middle of the night. I mean, who moves at 3:00AM, and why?

As for the murder of the three men, yes, I do think it is possible that Older Brother did this. Wonder if any of this is what prompted dear old Dad to leave?

As for the murder of the three men, yes, I do think it is possible that Older Brother did this. Wonder if any of this is what prompted dear old Dad to leave?

Interesting possibility.

It said somewhere the three men murdered were Jewish also?

Interesting possibility.

His best friend does not appear to have been Jewish. The other two were definitely Jewish.

What?! Now they're saying they found NO weapon on DT or in the boat?
I had been asking this very question right after I heard about the alleged gun battle between DT and the police and that he attempted suicide while in the boat.

I didn't think DT would have made the mistake of shooting himself through the mouth to the back of his neck instead of to his brain had he really been trying to off himself. Dang, talk about inaccurate reporting by the media.

So I take it this means DT did not shoot himself in the throat/neck and that it was likely LE that did that?

Yep. And I'm not so sure we can throw all the blame on the media about their 'reporting.' The police chief clearly said there had been "an exchange" of gunfire. That means two opposing parties.

Interesting possibility.

Unsure about all three murdered men...but two of three were:

...a gruesome triple murder involving at least two Jewish victims that may have been linked to slain Marathon bomb suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev.

Prosecutors are taking a second look at the brutal murders of three men, including two Jews and Tsarnaev’s best friend, in the wake of his involvement in last week’s bomb attack.

http://forward.com/articles/175285/police-probe---anniversary-link-in-jewish-murde/#ixzz2RROgopNY

I too had put it together for several days now that older brother was dealing drugs for a living.
The red flags:
1.) No real job for years despite being apparently physically fit and capable of work.
2.) Had money to spend for clothing, sports equipment, trips
3.) One article I had read mentioned that despite no longer being a student that he still visited the campus of his school.

The younger one may have been dabbling, but I suspect the older one of being a much bigger dealer.

In the end it would be a bit ironic if the reason the feds never found enough dirt on him to put him on a list or take him into custody was because he wasn't moving in terrorist circles but was dealing drugs and operating in a different world that never crossed their radar.

Someone was asking earlier about how long TT had a beard and how long ago he cut it off... I found this:

Richard Medeiros, who lives in the house behind the suspects, says that six months or so ago, Tamerlan, after being clean-shaven, grew a beard. “He looked like one of those Amish people,” said Mr. Medeiros, who is 40 and lives in an apartment building that was evacuated by police and remained cordoned off Friday afternoon. “It made him look really old.”
He said he must have shaved it only recently. “That’s why I did not recognize him in the photos,” he said.
http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-216040/

Sounds like he could have come back from Russia with it because of timing or started growing it shortly after returning.

This article also states:

Tamerlan arrived on his own around 2004. The family was granted legal permanent residence in the U.S. in March 2007, a law-enforcement official said.

The Boston Police commissioner, the Watertown Police chief and the Swat team members on scene have all said DT was armed at the time of his apprehension. For now I'm going with their statements over unnamed US officials, but that's JMO.

"Even though the Tsarnaev brothers made a violent dash from police, allegedly tossing homemade bombs as they fled, police told ABC News they so far have recovered only a single, semi-automatic handgun from the two men now accused of carrying off the Boston Marathon bombing.

The gun, presumably wielded by the older of the two brothers, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was recovered by police at the shoot-out scene in Watertown, Mass., and is now with the Massachusetts State Police. Sources told ABC News that no guns were recovered from the boat where 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was eventually apprehended after a stand-off with police. "

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/singl...boston-bombers/story?id=19028841#.UXiQEpG_5nI

bbm

It's really confusing. :facepalm:

Well, I'm supposing that at least explains why LE was theorizing that the MIT cop was killed b/c DT and TT needed another gun. It substantiates that they did indeed only have one gun (in addition to handmade firepower).

The theory was that the MIT cop (Sean) had been killed for his gun--but that the plan backfired on them because his holster had a locking mechanism on it, and they couldn't get the gun out of it.

In the end it would be a bit ironic if the reason the feds never found enough dirt on him to put him on a list or take him into custody was because he wasn't moving in terrorist circles but was dealing drugs and operating in a different world that never crossed their radar.

I read up on the Chechan Mafia... not that it is pertinent, who knows... but it appears Russia has been trying to link them with Al-Qaeda for a long time.

Only if we know for certain that he suffered a bullet wound.

It's all ready been reported that DT had multiple gunshot wounds--to the legs, hand, head/neck area. I can round up more MSM for you if you need it, but it's all ready been posted in these threads.

It's also been detailed in the Criminal Complaint that was in MSM (I have it downloaded) that suspect Dzokhar Tsarnaev has multiple gunshot wounds to the head, neck, legs and hand. This is still available at the Huffington Post article:

http://www.huffihttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-criminal-complaint_n_3133865.htmlngtonpost.com/2013/04/22/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-criminal-complaint_n_3133865.html

I read up on the Chechan Mafia... not that it is pertinent, who knows... but it appears Russia has been trying to link them with Al-Qaeda for a long time.

Something I'm not clear on. maybe you know. (if not I'll look after the Laker game)

The Chechen Mafia, how tied in is it to the Chechen Rebels are they different or one in the same, do they seek the same goals or is the mafia shown themselves more inclined to stick to your more traditional organized crime types of things.

I think people did notice. He was married long after this started, either she was extremely naive/taken in by him or she believed as he did also. I don't know about GF's ... maybe they weren't around long enough or didn't piece it together, who knows. Evidently two uncles were concerned for a long time. Hard to say what someone does or doesn't divulge to those who know them. TT didn't seem to have many longterm friends?

My take is T ruled the roost. Wife did what she was told. I think T was an
ego-maniacal personality. He used his religion (socalled) and everything else to fit into his scheme (need) for self confirming dominance.

'Git to work. . . . take that! Me supreme!'

:moo:

It's all ready been reported that DT had multiple gunshot wounds--to the legs, hand, head/neck area. I can round up MSM for you if you need it, but it's all ready been posted in these threads.

The swat team members interviewed on Anderson Cooper said the neck wound appeared to be from shrapnel. Lots of conflicting reports, the wound, whether he was armed as swat team members stated. Also the unrelated 7/11 robbery, whether is happened at all. All very confusing although I tend to put more credence in direct LE statements than unnamed LE sources. I have a feeling the details will be in dispute for years to come. All MOO

1. There was one gun recovered from the suspects--the 9mm (with missing serial number) recovered at the scene of the gun battle where TT ran towards LE, shooting. The rest of the weapons were handmade grenades, IEDs, and pressure cooker bombs.

2. There was a barrage of gunfire at the boat. There are bullet holes to prove this. There were no weapons in the boat or on the person of DT.

I don't blame LE for firing or even jumping the gun. But if they did, they should have acknowledged it sooner than this. This is messy communication coming from LE to media. It stinks, unfortunately.

Something I'm not clear on. maybe you know. (if not I'll look after the Laker game)

The Chechen Mafia, how tied in is it to the Chechen Rebels are they different or one in the same, do they seek the same goals or is the mafia shown themselves more inclined to stick to your more traditional organized crime types of things.

I can't remember all that I read, but I found this.

The people of Chechnya, or Chechens, are ethnically and religiously distinct, and during the 1990s two wars of separation were fought between Chechen rebels and Russian troops. Economic devastation caused by the wars along with historic factors has created conditions in which crime flourishes. This has led to the prominence of organized crime in Chechnya, or the Chechen mafia.

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~ellio20j/classweb/world_politics/Background page.html

Chechen Mafia
http://www.gangland.net/chechen.html

There is a lot of organized crime in Russia and EU ... some of it established in the US in the 1970s (Brighton Beach, NY and later to LA and SF, CA) if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01