Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that with very little effort WS members found these two seemingly unrelated stories of radicalized young men, with what sound like Russian last names, and then we are attacked by the T brothers begs the question: Is there an organized effort to radicalize Russian-born young men and to promote attacks in Canada & the US?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/08/20/dagestan/

"But in an interview with the National Post, Mr. Plotnikov confirmed William’s death and spoke for the first time about his son’s rapid transformation from Toronto teenager and champion boxer to Muslim convert and jihadist fighter.

What seemed to amaze Mr. Plotnikov most was how fast it all happened. His son only became interested in Islam in 2009, he said. Within a year, he had left Canada and by July he was dead. He had gone from convert to martyr in less than three years.

<snip>

Very interesting article ... I too have to wonder about TT's time in Russia. I am not quite believing he went there and just hung out with relatives. I don't see that he needed to be with family for 6 months so bad he would leave his wife and child alone.

student loans cover a lot.

Student loans must be different in each state. From personal experience, my children's loans did not "cover a lot". They had to work part-time, relatives paid tuition, and they scraped by! Of course, we are not refugees living on all the benefits afforded by the state/federal government!

Then, they spend 10 years paying the loans back, as I imagine many of you have. We are grateful the loans were available so they could obtain that college degree.:twocents:

i wonder at what point they told DT that TT was dead. it would make sense that they keep that from him and claim TT was sharing information to persuade DT to spill the beans. i assume now that he has a lawyer he is aware.

Excellent post, not wanting to come across as rude, but here in Canada on our News Channel, they posted a picture of Katherine, on her way out of her Parent's Home with her Mother still all dressed with the Head Dress, sorry I forget the correct term, and dressed in a long Black Gown or Dress, my question is, would her parents not have talks with her and try to tell her not to wear those garments anymore, it only brings more attention to her, because, as this excellent poster said, they took and took, and just made sure that they had what they wanted, so whatever Faith she is portraying I feel it is in bad taste! Just my thoughts!

I'm not quite seeing the hijab she is wearing as overdone, but she also often has a jacket with a hood on.

"Boston suspect to FBI: New York was next"
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/25/us/boston-attack/index.html

Can you imagine. Chilling.

Days after allegedly causing death and devastation at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, two brothers "spontaneously" decided to head to a new place to unleash terror -- New York City -- that city's mayor said.

If this is true it is so poorly thought out they most certainly would have been caught if they hadn't already been nailed in Boston. These two, in their arrogance or delusion really thought they were going to get away with this. It never occurred to them they might be caught. It's truly amazing.

Russia had wiretap on Boston , US officials say.

http://fxn.ws/11sTnFd

the plot thickens.....

Freaky they were wiretapping someone in the US, but interesting that:

"...Boston bombing suspects vaguely discussed jihad with his mother, officials said Saturday, days after the U.S. government finally received details about the call.

In another conversation, the mother of now-dead bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev was recorded talking to someone in southern Russia who is under FBI investigation in an unrelated case, officials said."

I'm not quite seeing the hijab she is wearing as overdone, but she also often has a jacket with a hood on.

By no means did I mean to offend anyone, but she has the Hijab on underneath, so that is neither here nor there.

Freaky they were wiretapping someone in the US, but interesting that:

"...Boston bombing suspects vaguely discussed jihad with his mother, officials said Saturday, days after the U.S. government finally received details about the call.

In another conversation, the mother of now-dead bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev was recorded talking to someone in southern Russia who is under FBI investigation in an unrelated case, officials said."

So now, 2 years later, Russia is finally coughing up this info, even though they asked the FBI to investigate Tamerlan back in 2011?

By no means did I mean to offend anyone, but she has the Hijab on underneath, so that is neither here nor there.

I didn't mean anything about you offending anyone. It just looks like a normal hijab to me so I'm wondering what it is about it that looks like any particular form of Islam? I saw a woman face-to-face once in a burka, the kind that has mesh/net/screen even over the eyes. I'll admit I was taken aback by it. But I have seen and known many Muslim women who wear hijabs and I'm just not seeing anything extreme about KT's attire.

So now, 2 years later, Russia is finally coughing up this info, even though they asked the FBI to investigate Tamerlan back in 2011?

Yeah, it seems like they left out some of the most important items, huh!

Very interesting article ... I too have to wonder about TT's time in Russia. I am not quite believing he went there and just hung out with relatives. I don't see that he needed to be with family for 6 months so bad he would leave his wife and child alone.

I agree. I have several friends (with children) who are married to ex-pats of various countries. When their spouses travel (with or without them) back to their country of origin to visit relatives, they typically stay abroad a month, then return to the US.

I've NEVER heard of any of them staying abroad 6 months.

DT deleted his Instagram account recently

So he was on twitter, the Russian site, and also Instagram.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/26/tech/tsarnaev-instagram-account/

The Instagram account, with the user name "jmaister1," no longer exists, and friends of Tsarnaev say it was deleted only recently. An Instagram spokesman declined to comment on the account or disclose when the account was deleted.
CNN National Security Analyst Juliette Kayyem says the account could be significant.
The digital traces that remain show that Tsarnaev added a "like" on several photos referring to Chechnya that were posted by other Instagram users. One shows Chechen warlord Shamil Basayev, a onetime government official who later masterminded terrorist attacks against Russia.

I agree. I have several friends (with children) who are married to ex-pats of various countries. When their spouses travel (with or without them) back to their country of origin to visit relatives, they typically stay abroad a month, then return to the US.

I've NEVER heard of any of them staying abroad 6 months.

My hubby has a coworker whose family is in another country... I kept saying, Why does he have to go for a whole month!

If this is true it is so poorly thought out they most certainly would have been caught if they hadn't already been nailed in Boston. These two, in their arrogance or delusion really thought they were going to get away with this. It never occurred to them they might be caught. It's truly amazing.

I think delusion. I don't think they thought they were going to get caught. Sick, crazy, evil?...But I think delusion hits the nail on the head.

Did anyone notice this sentence from the 4-page New York newspaper article we've been discussing on why TT was in Russia for six months?

"to replace his nearly expired passport from the Republic of Kyrgyzstan with a Russian one" - on page 4.

Sounds like his passport had expired. If that is true, wonder how he got back into the US? Hmmm. . . oh, just another glitch in the system!

Dressing by covering completely isn't indicative of radical beliefs any more than dressing western means a person is mainstream in their religious beliefs. Working in retail for many years, I worked with quite a few Muslim women from various countries. Their dress ranged from completely western to completely covered, depending on what they felt was appropriate. And they weren't always consistent because here, they had a choice. Women in some Christian churchs don't cut their hair or wear make up and dress in long skirts. It all depends on what they feel is the best way to present themselves in accordance with their beliefs.

I have no problem with how KT dresses or what she believes. IF she really did give TT a "heads up" or IF she knew what he was up to, I would definitely have a problem with that. All MOO

Did anyone notice this sentence from the 4-page New York newspaper article we've been discussing on why TT was in Russia for six months?

"to replace his nearly expired passport from the Republic of Kyrgyzstan with a Russian one" - on page 4.

Sounds like his passport had expired. If that is true, wonder how he got back into the US? Hmmm. . . oh, just another glitch in the system!

Interesting, and there is this, notice the name:
Because we left Kyrgyzstan for the States to seek political asylum in the States and Kyrgyzstan refused us citizenship. Then we applied to the Kyrgyz Embassy in Washington, sent documents not only for Tamerlan but for Alina, Bella [his wife and young daughter] to restore the passports because they could not go anywhere. He had to receive a new passport.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...bombing-suspects-mom-terror-database/2115939/
Not unusual for converts to change their name, like Cassius Clay, but this is the first I heard she may have changed her name - or am I misreading someting.

(Sorry, I guess Alina is TT's sister)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member