Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview on CNN yesterday with can't-remember-who said she gave TT a heads up, that it wasn't an incredulous call to ask him what's going on.

I ask myself, how would anybody know that?

The only way anyone would know that is if she told somebody that's what she did, TT is dead so he's not talking, or her phone was tapped which if true it's unlikely the feds would be letting that info out at this point.

I ask myself, how would anybody know that?

The only way anyone would know that is if she told somebody that's what she did, TT is dead so he's not talking, or her phone was tapped which if true it's unlikely the feds would be letting that info out at this point.

That info came from DT according to reports.

This isn't the kind of landfill where residents take their own trash is it? I would think in that area it would be where garbage contractors or municipal employees take trash from pickups and dumpsters? Either way, I would think they would be able to narrow the search by date, maybe. I know here we take our own trash since there is no collection, but the area filled is rotated. I hope they did find what they were looking for.

From the site upthread:
Roughly 50% is residential solid waste from Dartmouth and New Bedford, and 50% is commercial solid waste brought in by a variety of haulers.

That info came from DT according to reports.
I have read that DT said they got a call from his sister in law saying they were on the news but nothing that revealed the context of the call. ie a warning type call vs a what the heck is going on call.

I just think it's a bit early to be painting pictures of the wife when we don't have actual info from the Feds on things.

According to those officials, Dzokhar Tsarnaev told interrogators that the information that set in motion the series of events leading to Tamerlan’s death and Dzokhar’s apprehension came in a phone call from Katherine Russell Tsarnaeva to her husband. “She notified him and there certainly didn’t seem to be any notion of surprise – just a report that ‘you’re being watched,’” said one official with knowledge of the investigation.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/feds-further-investigating-role-bombers-wife_719130.html

bbm

I try not to watch Piers, but I do think I know what he meant. I believe it was a metaphor for what some see as a mishandling of the case as far as keeping tabs on TT and sharing info with other agencies. I don't believe he was referring to literal fingerprints. JMO

That might be true. After the break he said

"Republicans taking on the Obama administration over the bombing suspect and the intelligence breakdown and the comparison to Benghazi, politicizing the tragedy, is it justified?

Back with former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani. Rudy, a lot of heat now up in Washington about all this. Lot of heat on the FBI and the CIA, who clearly had received warnings from the Russian authorities several times about Tamerlan Tsarnaev and also about his mother. What do you make of this?"

So yes, that would fit with what you said.

Nice to read positive reporting too. What a positive attitude & great sense of humor this bombing victim has:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/...mputee-no-longer-fears-horrible-shin-splints/
When injured Marines who were visiting Boston Marathon bombing victim Celeste Corcoran told her about the Paralympics Sunday at Boston Medical Center, she told them she’d never been a runner because she used to get “the most horrible shin splints.”
“So I was like, ‘Hey, I don’t have shins anymore,’” Corcoran, a 47-year-old hair stylist from Lowell, Mass., is heard saying in a YouTube Video of the encounter. “‘I won’t be getting shin splints. I can do this.’”
Doctors had to amputate Corcoran’s legs below the knee after the bombing, but her sense of humor is intact, family member Alyssa Carter told ABCNews.com. Both Corcoran and her daughter, Sydney, 17, have had three surgeries since April 16, when two bombs exploded at the marathon finish line, killing three people and injuring at least 200 others.

According to those officials, Dzokhar Tsarnaev told interrogators that the information that set in motion the series of events leading to Tamerlan’s death and Dzokhar’s apprehension came in a phone call from Katherine Russell Tsarnaeva to her husband. “She notified him and there certainly didn’t seem to be any notion of surprise – just a report that ‘you’re being watched,’” said one official with knowledge of the investigation.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/feds-further-investigating-role-bombers-wife_719130.html

bbm

The quote goes on
"Tsarnaev had seen the photographs and videos distributed by the FBI on television and called her husband to give him a heads up." bbm

This is however not a direct quote of the official, so maybe an interpretation of the news agency.

State Rep. David Linsky (D-Natick) sent a letter to MassHealth yesterday, requesting the agency also share any subsidized health insurance Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, received.

“I will not let it go,” Linsky told the Herald. “I’m appalled that possible public money could have been used in these activities. Someone has to stand up for the people injured and killed.”

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_politics/2013/04/pol_vows_to_open_welfare_records

While the law forbids identifying welfare recipients, legal experts have told the Herald a 1984 Supreme Judicial Court ruling makes an exception in cases of “public interest.”
Linsky vowed: “I’m not going to let an arcane privacy act stand in the way.”

Has anybody heard whether or not DT is on suicide watch?

State Rep. David Linsky (D-Natick) sent a letter to MassHealth yesterday, requesting the agency also share any subsidized health insurance Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, received.

“I will not let it go,” Linsky told the Herald. “I’m appalled that possible public money could have been used in these activities. Someone has to stand up for the people injured and killed.”

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_politics/2013/04/pol_vows_to_open_welfare_records

While the law forbids identifying welfare recipients, legal experts have told the Herald a 1984 Supreme Judicial Court ruling makes an exception in cases of “public interest.”
Linsky vowed: “I’m not going to let an arcane privacy act stand in the way.”

How exactly is he claiming that health care benefit money was used to fund these acts? That doesn't make any sense. Health care coverage would have given them access to doctors....not a check to be used as they wish.

I thought the men FBI arrested and are are still holding told about the laptop being thrown away. Was it DT that told FBI this?

In one article it said that information gathered from DT as well as from New Bedford Russian friends led them to believe it was in the dump.

How exactly is he claiming that health care benefit money was used to fund these acts? That doesn't make any sense. Health care coverage would have given them access to doctors....not a check to be used as they wish.

I kinda get where he's coming from. Not that the subsidy funded the bombs themselves, but that the subsidy funded the people making the bombs. In MA we are required to have health insurance - we will be financially penalized for not being adequately covered. If you're unemployed and/or not wealthy enough to buy your own insurance, there's a MA-funded public assistance program called MassHealth that will be given to you the way food stamps or welfare benefits would be. So I think he was saying that State funding was helping them live their lives while they were making bombs to terrorize and murder.

And, honestly, as a MA resident who gets taxed out the rear end, I'm with him on that one. I have to admit the way he said it was weird though - like MassHealth was buying gunpowder or cellphones. But the heart of the issue - taking benefits with one hand while murdering in the name of hating the same system that's caring for you - is one that enrages me, too.

IMO, State Rep. David Linsky (D-Natick) is coming off as a bit hysterical (I say this as a non-partisan who identifies with no political party).

Good gawd - I wonder if he fervently pounded the desk as he exclaimed "I'm appalled!!!"

The state-funded health benefits Tamerlan, his wife, & baby daughter received were probably mostly used by the baby to receive wellness check-ups, immunizations, and medical care for common illnesses infants/toddlers experience. Every child deserves healthcare.

I think this dude needs to take a chill pill.

As you pointed out, Thinkhard, it's not as if these 2 terrorists built their bombs with subsidized health insurance. Good grief.

also from the link I posted.

Linsky, chairman of the House Post Audit and Oversight Committee, said welfare officials yesterday delivered 200 pages of documents on benefits the Tsarnaev family received, including food stamps and cash from the state and federally funded Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children program, which assists families with children and pregnant women.

bbm, I would assume his job title requires his investigation into the matter. idk
bbm I am sure he was referring to the cash.

Linsky is planning on running for District Attorney for Middlesex County. Its all politics.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/u...lan-tsarnaev-reeled.html?ref=global-home&_r=0

4 page article, some snippets below.

Combing their lives for clues, the authorities have focused on Mr. Tsarnaev’s six-month trip to Dagestan, Russia, last year. But in Cambridge, sitting on the front steps of the ramshackle, brown-shingled house where the Tsarnaev family lived for a decade, their 79-year-old landlady urged a longer lens.

“He certainly wasn’t radicalized in Dagestan,” the landlady, Joanna Herlihy, said.
He seemed isolated, too. For the last year, he, his wife and his child were the only Tsarnaevs living full time in the three-bedroom apartment on Ms. Herlihy’s third floor.

He grew a five-inch beard, which he shaved off before the bombings, and interrupted prayers at his mosque on two occasions with outbursts denouncing the idea that Muslims should observe American secular holidays. He engaged neighbors in affable conversations about skiing one week and heated ones about American imperialism the next.

bbm

also from the link I posted.

Linsky, chairman of the House Post Audit and Oversight Committee, said welfare officials yesterday delivered 200 pages of documents on benefits the Tsarnaev family received, including food stamps and cash from the state and federally funded Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children program, which assists families with children and pregnant women.

bbm, I would assume his job title requires his investigation into the matter. idk
bbm I am sure he was referring to the cash.

From the article:

Subsidized health insurance programs don't dole out cash. Recipients enroll in a health insurance plan, are issued an insurance card for each qualifying member, and receive healthcare within the policy guidelines of the subsidized healthcare plan.

Rep. Linsky is requesting docs related to subsidized health insurance benefits. The docs related to food stamps & cash benefits had already been delivered, according to this article:

Linsky is planning on running for District Attorney for Middlesex County. Its all politics.

I agree, Nora - I think his outrage is politically motivated. He hasn't tossed his hat into the ring just yet, but he's considering it. The following snippet is from a Feb 19 article. The current DA is not seeking a 3rd term.

State Representative David P. Linksy, an eight-term Democrat from Natick, said Monday night that he is seriously considering a run for Middlesex district attorney and will decide in the coming weeks whether to declare his candidacy for next year’s election.

http://www.boston.com/politicalinte...r-middlesex/oJNfWjCj4ZCE2XV79pjgGI/story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8