Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CIA *and* the neo-cons? You couldn't make up a better story if you tried! :giggle:

Not so far fetched, really, I guess, seeing as how the CIA and hawks were so friendly with Al Qaeda back in the eighties...

has anyone seen his wife Katie explained how she chose to live in such a dump with a make shift door out of PLYWOOD, also was her pay deposited into her husbands' account and he just gave money accordingly, so very many things are strange

So apparently this Jamestown org fired former head of the Bin Laden Section Michael Scheuer back in 2010 or so, after he criticized US policy towards Israel, and how it affects terrorism/Islamism.

This is an odd, odd group for Tamerlane to be found in association with. pro-Israeli, extremely hawkish towards the Muslim Middle East?

Out of the tens of thousands of people they investigate annually, and the priorities they are given as potential threats to the US, I'm not at all surprised the FBI couldn't immediately ID TT from a memory of interviewing him years before. It's unrealistic to think that such small time, twice-removed from more pressing threat, suspicious people would ping at high levels. Sometimes little, nothing, low-level, unthreatening people make kitchen bombs and kill folks. Or take their mother's gun and kill folks.

I was listening to a radio interview about how many "high threats" we watch every day in this country. The ones we prioritize as most likely to be a threat to security. There are loads of big threats! To think that we would employ via tax dollars enough people to track medium threats - nevermind the small threat that TT was before the marathon - we'd have to employ 100x the number of "watchers" to track every blip on the security screen. It's simply not realistic. Assuming TT was in a cell of 2, the other being a family member, without "chatter" or threats or warnings, without large weapons, without connections to larger known groups - even the friends of these guys didn't suspect, so it's unlikely that there was much warning observable to anyone else.

Jeez, we're in the midst of all kinds of financial cutbacks. I'm wondering what the figure would be for employing thousands more security - maybe tens of thousands. Where would the money come from?

Boston bomb suspect moved to prison from hospital

By Scott Malone and Tim McLaughlin, Reuters
29 minutes ago

BOSTON — Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been moved to a prison medical center from the hospital where he had been held since his arrest a week ago while recovering from gunshot wounds, U.S. officials said on Friday.

The 19-year-old ethnic Chechen, wounded in a night-time shootout with police on April 18 hours after authorities released pictures of him and his older brother as suspects, was formally charged on Monday and could face the death penalty if convicted. His brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died in the shootout...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20130419/US-USA-EXPLOSIONS-BOSTON-SHOOTING/?

Everybody thought the carjack victim and the naked guy were the same guy. Not so. The naked guy was apparently a bystander caught up in the drama, perhaps because he didn't cooperate when asked to move out of the area or because of his appearance--that's not known at this point. He was arrested, but released not long afterwards.

That's what I understood too when I was listening to the scanner. The guy on the ground had nothing to do with the carjack victim.

So apparently this Jamestown org fired former head of the Bin Laden Section Michael Scheuer back in 2010 or so, after he criticized US policy towards Israel, and how it affects terrorism/Islamism.

This is an odd, odd group for Tamerlane to be found in association with. pro-Israeli, extremely hawkish towards the Muslim Middle East?

Here's the original Izvestia article.

http://izvestia.ru/news/549252

Here's an item with a link to audio (haven't listened yet) on the American Edition of Voice of Russia.

Is Izvestia a state media outlet? Or Voice of Russia? I wish I knew more about these sources. I know I wouldn't trust state media, nor would I trust an org like Jamestown Foundation, given they seem to have an agenda.

I hope one of the big media outlets picks it up, sees if there is anything interesting!

Here's an item with a link to audio (haven't listened yet) on the American Edition of Voice of Russia.

Is Izvestia a state media outlet? Or Voice of Russia? I wish I knew more about these sources. I know I wouldn't trust state media, nor would I trust an org like Jamestown Foundation, given they seem to have an agenda.

I hope one of the big media outlets picks it up, sees if there is anything interesting!

Here's the history of Izvestia:

Izvestia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't agree that this is all sounding like a Robert Ludlum novel. That would imply that Tamerlan & Jahar were programmed by the CIA to carry out black-ops as part of some super-secret CIA operation. I don't believe that for a single solitary second.

No I'm not that kind of person. The Robert Ludlum remark was made with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek...

It’s “very strange, the fact that a young man who was on the watch list of the Russian security services as a suspect in terrorist activities was allowed to enter the country’s most troubled region, stay and leave with no reported encounter with any of the government agencies.”

Ratelle said he would not be at all surprised if Tamerlan came away from last year’s visit to Dagestan as a much more “radicalized” Islamist.

http://www.voanews.com/content/tamerlan-tsarnaev-in-dagestan/1649110.html

So not state media, but has had close ties to government even recently. Still, it's referred to as paper of record, which usually means better standards than other outlets.

I'm going to bet the US media doesn't touch this. I hope a good outlet with strong investigative journalism like the Guardian will, though.

And is the video relevant to this discussion?

I think we would learn from men that go back and forth confused about extremism and countries to live in. Sorta reminds me of Lee Harvey Oswald...........

FYI Bessie, get a load of this. This is some molto interessante shizznit...

> Note: Errors in translation are through Google's program. <

http://izvestia.ru/news/549400

Google translation as follows:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A//izvestia.ru/news/549400

April 26, 2013, 00:01 | Politics | Anastasia Kashevarova
Georgian special services have decided to close the "Caucasian fund"
According to authorities, the organization recruited Tsarnaeva Tamerlane, completed tasks

Translation:
According to "Izvestia" secret organization Counterintelligence Department Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia - a non-profit entity "Caucasian fund" cease to function. The decision was taken at the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia, as evidenced by the documents available to the publication.

According to the certificate of the "Caucasian fund" of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the agency has decided to close the fund, which "lit himself before the Russian secret services."

<modsnip>

"Caucasian Fund" was established November 7, 2008, just after the Georgian-Ossetian conflict, "to control the processes taking place in the North Caucasus region." Accordingly, the Department of the Interior Ministry counterintelligence case was brought intelligence operations called "DTV". The main objectives of the fund is to recruit young people and intellectuals of the North Caucasus to enhance instability and extremism in the southern regions of Russia. According to Georgian intelligence, the organizer of the terrorist attack in Boston Tamerlane Tsarnaev was recruited through this fund.

Just a little timeline I ran across today with the high points (I think "alicious" under April 22 is supposed to be "malicious"...):

>>> Note the time of the article I posted in #141. This was written & set to go out at midnight it looks like. Then America wakes up today & finds out papa T isn't coming back here & also that both mama & papa T will be giving up their citizenship in the near future. What gives? Is this some kind of political warfare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8