Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this wife supposedly didn't know anything, despite either living there with him, or her child living with him, or dropping her child off for him to babsyit?
It doesn't appear we can get a straight answer on the most basic info-was she living there or not?
And where was the child when the "babysitter" was allegedly setting off bombs or killing a cop?

When I give KR the benefit of the doubt that she was totally in the dark, this is the scenario I envision.

If she truly had no foreknowledge of her husband's terrorist plans, she's probably distraught about Officer Collier's death, as well as feeling anguish about her husband's & brother in-law's bombing victims.

If she had no foreknowledge, she may regret that she hadn't contacted LE, instead of Tamerlan, when she saw his face on the news.

I find it interesting that no one has claimed Tamerlan's body. As his wife, she would have the primary legal right to do so. The fact that she hasn't done so tells me that, at this point, she wants nothing to do with him or the disposition of his remains.

Personally, I hope no one claims his remains. I hope he ends up cremated & disposed of in a common grave, which is allowed under MA law.

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXVI/Chapter114/Section43m

I agree, about his remains, but I think her parents are talking to her, and at this point it would be wise to just forget about his body, after all if she did claim it, would it be fair for her parents to pay the cost no way, also she has a daughter to think of, she is little right now, but she will grow up, and does she wish to put that burden on her, it would be like saying it was ok what the brothers did.

I blame TT and DT for Sean Collier's death. I probably wouldn't turn in my husband for tax evasion, defacing public property or smoking weed, but we're talking about a heinous crime with multiple deaths and mass casualties. I think a whole lot of wives would turn in their husbands in that case.

Would have done it in a heartbeat and wouldn't want him coming home either !

I blame TT and DT for Sean Collier's death. I probably wouldn't turn in my husband for tax evasion, defacing public property or smoking weed, but we're talking about a heinous crime with multiple deaths and mass casualties. I think a whole lot of wives would turn in their husbands in that case.
Hi you!
I remember you from Batman and loved your writing style. I agree with you re :this post

Let's talk about motive...they seemed to have no intention of telling their side of this. They didn't claim it. They didn't seem to leave any manifesto. They ran about willy nilly until TT ended up dead. The only reason DT says this had to do with religion and US involvement in the wars of Iraq and Afghanistan is because the little terrorist got caught. If he had somehow managed to get away, I doubt that there would have been any message to the world...unless of course...they knew that over the next few days, weeks, and months that a bunch of other terrorist acts would make their message all too clear. (ALL IMO, of course)

I am in the camp that believes that the Fertilizer Plant Fire was set to cover a possible theft of fertilizer and the resulting explosion was meant to not only terrorize the country but cover up a big theft of something we know has been used in explosives.

Don't forget, Canadian scheme thwarted, Russian arrested in NJ with explosives, Ricin letters to two National Political leaders and one female State-level politician and (although it may not have made National News) there was an arrest in Loudon County Virginia, April 3, of a man who was intent on attacking the Fairfax County Governmental Center. For those who don't know, Fairfax County is just about 10 miles outside of Washington, DC.

http://www.dnronline.com/article/loudoun_man_charged_with_threatening_commonwealth_s_attorney

I wonder what Dzhokhar is thinking tonight. I hope he is beyond remorseful with himself and his actions. His life is over regardless if his punishment is life in prison or death. I just can't wrap my brain around WHY he did this. There is evidence as to why Tamerlan did this...but not his brother. I just don't get it.

So this wife supposedly didn't know anything, despite either living there with him, or her child living with him, or dropping her child off for him to babsyit?
It doesn't appear we can get a straight answer on the most basic info-was she living there or not?
And where was the child when the "babysitter" was allegedly setting off bombs or killing a cop?

I am very curious about that too! Where was this toddler at the time TT and DT did their deadly deeds? Was the toddler left at home, maybe napping? You'd think if someone else was watching her, we would have heard from them by now. Than again, maybe not!

I wonder what Dzhokhar is thinking tonight. I hope he is beyond remorseful with himself and his actions. His life is over regardless if his punishment is life in prison or death. I just can't wrap my brain around WHY he did this. There is evidence as to why Tamerlan did this...but not his brother. I just don't get it.

Maybe weak, easily led. Or, he wanted to do the same as his brother. Don't think we will ever know.

True....BUT this wasnt KT's friend......it was her HUSBAND .....

Just imagine for two seconds you are sitting there watching the 5 o'clock news and your husbands face pops up on TV saying he's wanted for questioning.....what would be your first instinct?

I think most people NORMAL first response would be to call their husband, like I thin 2 seconds, without thinking too much into it.

I don't think many people would think "oh my husbands face is on TV, he must be guilty, let me call the FBI" . I'm just being realistic, in that moment, I think instinct would be to pick up your phone and hit your speed dial.

Did she end up tipping him off... Probably, but I don't exactly think her intention was to tip him off so he could flee and evade the FBI.

After some thought should she have perhaps contacted the FBI, perhaps. But not doing it could have been more about denial and confusion then aiding and abetting.

I don't really think we should start placing the blame of Sean's death on the shoulders of KT just yet. (And I say that as someone who has a personal connection to Sean, and knows a former roommate of his, so I am in no way trivializing the cold blooded way Sean's life was taken).
Or maybe giving him once last chance to tell her everything...even tho she is the seed planter ,,,,,,,,

I am not sure why anyone would think he is remorseful?
Did you see the photos of him calmely walking away?

When we know the actual cause of death of the older <modsnip>, if it is due to been run over another murder charge for <modsnip>, do you think he knows by now, that is going to be killed or at the very least LWOP, and he was having a hard time adjusting to Boston, wait till he gets to JAIL

Points well taken yet she was in his life at the time he was investigated by the FBI. They would have interviewed her as well...especially her because after the couple had gotten married, in June of 2010 (before the FBI investigated him and before he left her two times to go to a troubled area in Russia for a month or two the first time and six months the next time.) In addition, she had become "devout" as well and was wearing traditional Islamic clothing. There are plenty of moderate Islamic women who chose only to wear the head scarf...they don't all go to the extreme that KR did.

I think she was well aware of the possibility that he and his brother bombed the Marathon... especially once she saw his picture and heard that he and his brother had been named as "SUSPECTS" and not as POIs.

You could look at it that way. Or you could consider the fact that being aware of the prior FBI investigation made her all that more suspicious of the FBI's reasons for wanting to question him.

Suppose KT really is completely swayed by TT. From all accounts its sounds like a pretty abusive and controlling relationship. TT could have easily convinced her that the FBI was looking into him simply because he like she had strong Muslim beliefs and they were just "racially" profiling. If she became convinced that this was what was behind the FBI's investigation and not that they had real information on him (this argument becomes more convincing to her since the FBI shut the book on him), then she might think they are again just pointing out her husband again without any real proof....just profiling. Thus resulting in why her past experienced with the FBI regarding Tamerlane and now this would not automatically lead her to suspicions of guilt regarding her husband.....the man she trusted.

Also regarding the "head coverings", they are a symbol of a woman relationship with god, and they are meant to be a choice, each women choosing how she wants to symbolize this relationship. Outside of politically run Islam states, they are not enforced, and ones choice to cover or not, and to what extent they cover is up to them. Plenty of moderate Muslims do not cover their head at all. Your relationship with god is personal, and not for someone else to judge based on how you cover yourself.

As I said, I work here at UMassD and the students here don't pay nearly what is quoted on the website - these are on-campus students. With no parents in the uS and no income, DT would have paid even less than what I quoted. They simply don't pay that much.
I worked with that population , and doesn't make you sick when those that are not in that position claim "there is help out there they are lazy".

Gosh, the folks I worked with have more heart, courage than I have seen -- and avery rough time dealing with the rules, and ways to get help (Call for an appt) they are living in a box under the hightway

they are not making their appt for their meds, so they will decomp, and end up Baker Acted, and then thrown out in the next 36 hours.
Rinse repeat. Sad

I think, initially, a whole lot of wives would be in disbelief that their husbands had committed such heinous crimes.

If it's eventually verified that KR did indeed work as many hours, 7 days a week, as her lawyer has stated, then I can easily envision that she was too exhausted when she came home to be aware of anything more than falling into bed for a few hours sleep.

If it comes out that she didn't work as many hours as has been stated, well, that's a whole 'nother story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shariat_Jamaat

Here is a link to the Islamic terrorist group in Dagestan - which is where the parents are right now, right? And this would be where Dead Bomber went last year?

Sure sounds to me that if you wanted to learn how to build a bomb, it might be the place to go....

Points well taken yet she was in his life at the time he was investigated by the FBI. They would have interviewed her as well...especially her because after the couple had gotten married, in June of 2010 (before the FBI investigated him and before he left her two times to go to a troubled area in Russia for a month or two the first time and six months the next time.) In addition, she had become "devout" as well and was wearing traditional Islamic clothing. There are plenty of moderate Islamic women who chose only to wear the head scarf...they don't all go to the extreme that KR did.

I think she was well aware of the possibility that he and his brother bombed the Marathon... especially once she saw his picture and heard that he and his brother had been named as "SUSPECTS" and not as POIs.

I tend to agree.

Looking through TT's youtube, I find it odd it was okay to see the images on a video like this but his wife completely covered.

[video=youtube;eP4CBhzGDek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP4CBhzGDek&list=PLPuUsYCtPwgYkBhUYYL4WtQuedtk1PMoj[/video]

That was my point about the head coverings ...KRT took it to the extreme...and included covering 90+% of her body. Many Islamic women would even see that as extreme. That was my point.

I am not sure why anyone would think he is remorseful?
Did you see the photos of him calmely walking away?
Yes, of course. I have viewed every photo & video that has been presented. He absolutely looks confident. In less than 4 years my own son will be 19 & I have to tell you that I just don't get it at all.

Why? That isn't even TT. This appears to be BB (some guy who has no connection to this case) who is doing various accents. This video appears to be absolutely useless to this discussion.

I wasn't sure because it was labeled as being TT and bandied about the internet saying the same. I have never seen TT smile or what he looks like with a baseball cap and inebriated. So I wondered what he was saying and there's only the post today that says it's poking fun of regional accents and that it may not be TT. I don't speak Russian so I don't know what he is saying or who it is. At first glance, I believed it was TT and wondered what he was making fun of and hoped it would give some insight into his personality. That's why I was interested. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties