Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read that DT said they got a call from his sister in law saying they were on the news but nothing that revealed the context of the call. ie a warning type call vs a what the heck is going on call.

I just think it's a bit early to be painting pictures of the wife when we don't have actual info from the Feds on things.

If I saw my husband on TV the first thing I would do would be to call him to ask him wth is going on. If you truly didn't think he was capable of that then you'd want to hear it from him in case there was a mistake. So Idk if it was to tip him of or to ask him questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading through his tweets I'm struck by how he surrounded himself with friends from poor or working class backgrounds, mostly urban young high-school age males with rapper aspirations and a love of weed. Not exactly kids who would get suspicious of much. It doesn't look to me that he was tweeting the Russian guys but they could have deleted their tweets and accounts when all of this went down.

i wonder at what point they told DT that TT was dead. it would make sense that they keep that from him and claim TT was sharing information to persuade DT to spill the beans. i assume now that he has a lawyer he is aware.
Seeing how DT ran him over I doubt they'd be able to trick him into thinking his brother was talking

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/04/27/azamat-tazhayakov-dias-ka_n_3169407.html

AT, DK, Classmates Of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Deny Wrongdoing
AP
Associated Press writer Erika Niedowski contributed to this report.

Snipped:
AT and DK, who are from Kazakhstan, were classmates with Tsarnaev at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. They appeared alongside him in a recent photograph of a group of young men visiting New York City's Times Square. They were detained April 20 after being questioned in connection with the bombing, which had killed three people and injured more than 260 others a few days earlier.

Snipped:
T and K have been interviewed at length, twice, by FBI agents and have cooperated fully, said Stahl, a former federal prosecutor. They are not suspects but are being held for violating their student visas by not regularly attending classes, Stahl said. They are being detained at a county jail in Boston.

Snipped:
John Hoey, an assistant chancellor at UMass Dartmouth, said K is no longer enrolled; he was last a student in the fall. T is enrolled.

Snipped:
The pair had lived at an off-campus apartment in New Bedford, about 60 miles south of Boston, and got around in a car registered to K with a souvenir plate that says "Terrorista (hash)1." The car was pictured on Tsarnaev's Twitter feed in March.

Still reading so not sure if this has yet been posted about Misha:
Family members have said Tamerlan was religiously apathetic until 2008 or 2009, when he met a conservative Muslim convert known only to the family as Misha. Misha, they said, steered Tamerlan toward a stricter version of Islam.

Two U.S. officials say investigators believe they have identified Misha. While it was not clear whether the FBI had spoken to him, the officials said they have not found a connection between Misha and the Boston attack or terrorism in general.
http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_289563/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=IBuuqOYn

I'm trying to catch up. We have a fair in town & I had to leave early last night. Real quick, anything new worthwhile?

Interesting article about the parents' denial

Why mom of alleged Boston bombers buys conspiracy theories

Apparently it's not very uncommon for family members to deny their kids could be involved in a mass killing

""When you think about a mother with one child in the hospital and the other dead in the morgue, she's just lost two children. That's the place I go to as a trauma psychologist," Dass-Brailsford said. "She's just lost two children. The only way she can cope with it is by denial."

More here http://news.yahoo.com/why-mom-alleged-boston-bombers-buys-conspiracy-theories-113004676.html

I'm trying to catch up. We have a fair in town & I had to leave early last night. Real quick, anything new worthwhile?

Hi Jersey, Do you know about the Russian wiretapping? (of DT & TT's mother)

Hi Jersey, Do you know about the Russian wiretapping? (of DT & TT's mother)

No! Omg really? I'm skimming trying to find it. Doing so much in real life while trying to catch up... Thx Capri!

student loans cover a lot.

Student loans? Do you know if either of them had outstanding student loans. All that I know of so far was the $2500 scholarship.

But if Dzhokhar did in fact have student loans, how did he get approved for funding without a solid income & proven work ethic? Or is there work experience we're missing? Could he have credit? His parents co-sign? I'd think he'd be eligible for financial aid, especially when his family were welfare recipients. Maybe? Dzhokhar was a member of the NHS, so maybe that classified him higher?

Interesting article about the parents' denial

Why mom of alleged Boston bombers buys conspiracy theories

Apparently it's not very uncommon for family members to deny their kids could be involved in a mass killing

""When you think about a mother with one child in the hospital and the other dead in the morgue, she's just lost two children. That's the place I go to as a trauma psychologist," Dass-Brailsford said. "She's just lost two children. The only way she can cope with it is by denial."

More here http://news.yahoo.com/why-mom-alleged-boston-bombers-buys-conspiracy-theories-113004676.html

Oh, good grief... I don't think this applies to mothers who are on the terrorist list themselves!! :banghead:

But if Dzhokhar did in fact have student loans, how did he get approved for finding without a solid income & proven work ethic? Or is there work experience we're missing? Could he have credit? His parents co-sign? I'd think he'd be eligible for financial aid, especially when his family were welfare recipients. Maybe? Dzhokhar was a member of the NHS, so maybe that classified him higher?

I don't think he did have student loans. Quite frankly I doubt they'd want to pay back loans.

Russia had wiretap on Boston , US officials say.

http://fxn.ws/11sTnFd

the plot thickens.....

Wow, this scenario with the FBI isn't adding up bc the CIA added Tamerlan Tsarnaev and Zubeidat Tsarnaeva to TIDE after Russian authorities contacted the US.

Question: Is it the FBI that some beureaucrats were trying to phase out since our government implemented Homeland Security, ICE & etc? I'm trying to remember... I know I've read there was a long withstanding rift between the CIA & the FBI but I forget why.

PIM, did you see the stuff everybody pulled up on that last night? It was very interesting.

Ok, I was just made aware that the authorities stopped searching the landfill. It was for the laptop, right? Not a cellphone? Wouldn't a laptop have some kind of GPS in it? I thought newer models did, as an anti theft mechanism. If so, that could explain how they were able to search a specific area of the landfill. Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily