Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Rescued from Cave, 23 June 2018 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm much more jaded than you. Based on what I've seen of other Hollywood depictions, I believe it will be a history rewrite with a story line that goes something like this: Thai bad. America good. Americans save the day. The End.
Spoiler alert: In the end an American billionaire sails into the cave with a fleet of mini-submarines, and rescues everybody. LOL.

Need someone who could play the part for laughs, which is definitely not Elon Musk.

Sachen Baron Cohen, perhaps.

My sister just told me that Dwayne Johnson already accepted to play the role of the coach.

After I flipped out and said that was totally lame she told me she was joking.

Elon Musk is irrelevant to this story, imo. Just another failed publicity stunt.

This thread is moving so fast, I apologize if this was already posted and I missed it!

Chilean miner 'very emotional' after Thai cave rescue

"Yippeeeee!!! I'm very, very, very emotional," Mario Sepulveda said on Tuesday (Jul 10) upon learning of the successful conclusion to the Thai rescue mission.

❤️
❤️
❤️

Hello Everybody,
...and a big OINK! to you all! ❤️

It's morning over here, and I feel like I have a WS hangover...!
Thread #5, all quiet, has an ambiance of tangled streamers, empty champagne bottles, and lazy ballons slowly floating close to the floor... lol

This was one for the record books!
I am still in awe. I fully believed from the beginning that this would be the outcome; but I was still anxious for it to be over!
My tummy still has butterflies.

So many incredible people in on this.
Heroes all over the place!

This was Thailand's - no wait -- this was
the World's Finest Hour!

Failure was not an option.

The MaeSai 13 is this generation's Apollo 13.
Worldwide.

AWESOME!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
~*~*~*~13~*~*~*~

OINK! ❤︎

I read the village was in Thailand so wondered if he was born / grew up there. No idea though! I sincerely hope the authorities aren't harsh on him for not being Thai. I think there'll be an enormous show of support from the locals which hopefully will afford him some kind of immunity.

The problem seems to be that even though he was born and lived in Thailand, after his parents passed away he had no documentation, birth certificate, etc..

And it gave them a lot of HOPE, no matter if they were the weakest or strongest, just knowing their team mates made it and so could they....Hope and Trust in the divers, medics and everyone around them!
I do wonder what they would have done if that first or second rescue wasn’t as successful. I assume they would not have told the remaining boys until they were out of the cave. So glad there was no need for that.

Well said, G. I got almost all my info from here, it’s been lovely to be part of a (mainly) happy thread for a change and even lovelier to see familiar faces (well, avatars) from all corners of the globe. You’ve all been absolutely brilliant!

Thank you and goodnight.

it has been fun it reminds of the APril thread that was joyous as well

This is actually really interesting or my life is boring ah. Watching the rush hour traffic in Thailand is neat! Kids holding on to their parents on motor bikes going to school :) Some people have passengers on their motorbikes that are looking at their phones. They also drive on the wrong side of the road :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
Can you imagine wondering for days if you're going to make it out alive, then when you do you realize the whole world has been cheering for you? The whole thing would be surreal.
...besides just the ordeal they went through, I hope they're not going to get screwed up from over exposure and too much publicity invading their lives. (Even though I am looking forward to hearing more about them...)
It's a fine line. I just hope they will be well protected and well represented.
imo

I don't understand. Why would any producer want or need to put forth a fictionalized version of this story when the true story is so compelling and uplifting?

<modsnip: political comments not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. I/We are back in our own Country. I was only able to check twice to get news updates. They were the most important. Folks we talked to were asking and we were networking verbally with bits and pieces. This rescue was truly EPIC. I didn't hear until later today they were all rescued. It was a group effort here sharing and caring. Which reminds me despite, the world is ok. Due to folks who pull together and what we see when Countries pull together. There is way too much for me to go back and review. I'm so tired I hope my post makes sense LOL
I hope these boys in time when ready get every book/ movie deal approved by them and they can go on to make the world a better place. These fine young men are obviously built for it. So very proud of them. I/We luv the Thai culture and have researched it much. On our bucket list. Bless them as they move forward.

So wonderful to see this news this morning! Stunning unprecedented rescue, incredible expertise, coordination, and bravery by all involved. So very disheartening that one diver lost his life.
Looking at this article....that 40 cm (15 ") gap they had to go through...omg. So the 13 went through this too on the day they entered the caves, in order to find refuge from the rising water. They must have been so very frightened......the coach, leading them. It's unbelievable.
May all recover swiftly from this life changing ordeal.....truly monumental.
Thai cave boys rescue ends in success
I've read a few times that they widened that most narrow area - still by no means spacious, but enough to do what they had to do - with all the equipment and helping the boys.
It's going to be a very long time for me to get over being so awestruck by just how incredible those divers are; and everyone there, so many of them, working endlessly to make it all work!
I'm sure one of the rescuers will end up writing a book. We may not know what all went into the planning and rescue until then.
At least one - and I hope more than one! And I hope they can make a good profit, too.
As usual we can make up our own minds. However, the coach was weak yet came out last.
I still think it's possible Coach really did absolutely refuse to go before any of the boys. Against Dr.'s orders or otherwise. ❤️

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher
Back