Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Still Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering how one would maneuver a pod containing a kid if apparently divers even have to remove their tank to get through areas. Maybe the kids are small enough? Is it flexible?

I'm wondering about that too because it sure isn't flexible. Maybe it is about the same diameter as a full size man without the air tanks?

Thailand Cave Rescue LIVE: Condition Perfect to Evacuate Trapped Boys in Few Days, Say Rescuers

I went to the web address bar on the webpage. Selected the address by clicking the link, then ctrl a to highlight the full address, then ctrl c to copy the adddress. Then I ctrl v and pasted it into my post here.

Dear Poppyflower,

Thank you for showing us how to do this. It's very kind of you and this will come in handy, for sure!

Namaste,

13651738_963812697064486_919602996_n.jpg

These two SpaceX technicians are putting the finishing touches on the fuel line that runs through the middle of our Falcon 9 rocket. Its job is to take the liquid oxygen down to the 9 Merlin engines on the first stage where it combines with RP-1, or rocket-grade kerosene, to power the first-stage for launch and landing. A similar, shorter fuel line is used in the second stage as well.
SpaceX on Instagram: “These two SpaceX technicians are putting the finishing touches on the fuel line that runs through the middle of our Falcon 9 rocket. Its…”

The skinny boys will have low buoyancy. Will this be good when they are being pulled through the tight tunnel? Will this make it taxing for the adult divers in the deeper pool areas?

Upthread, I saw a post of EM's description of the submarine. And he talked about a small compartment for weight packs to adjust buoyancy factors...

I was telling my grandson about this the other day. He immediately said to get a small submarine to transport the boys. The problem is those small places to fit thru. He felt they could make it the size of the body that would have to fit thru regardless. He said to put something real slick on it like vasoline or something. Then he said they need to put a tube in there. Not once did he think the boys should scuba dive though.

I wonder how much the boys are aware of what's going on in the outside world to try to help them. They sure have the world's heart.

The knowledge of having the world at their side cheering them on, will help their mindsets soar.

I would think they have been told, if only because it's such a powerfully strong, positive message.

Namaste,

I was telling my grandson about this the other day. He immediately said to get a small submarine to transport the boys. The problem is those small places to fit thru. He felt they could make it the size of the body that would have to fit thru regardless. He said to put something real slick on it like vasoline or something. Then he said they need to put a tube in there. Not once did he think the boys should scuba dive though.

That is very interesting. Really made me think about the diving.

Your grandson has the mind of a great engineer. That is pretty cool thinking!

Does anyone know if they are still considering sedation? I haven't seen any updates on the idea.
Twilight sedation for example...to reduce anxiety and eliminate panic attacks, claustrophia etc. as well as the memory of the dive/pod however they will be taken out...

May the effort be a success for all 13, and the divers/rescuers.

RSBM one of my kids just had to have conscious sedation for a dental procedure, I was terrified and read everything I could possibly find. The actual sedation only lasts 25-40 min so if it isn’t for a short procedure they use iv sedation. Also, for a about 3 hours after the procedure he was angry as could be and when he tried to walk he stumbled like a drunk, both side effects of versed in children. IMHO that would make the trip more dangerous.

Last edited:
Mixing a small percentage of Nitrous with the O2 (Oxygen) might make the extraction a more pleasant experience.

from Wikipedia:
Dentists use a simpler machine, that only delivers a N2O/O2 mixture for the patient to inhale while conscious. The patient is kept conscious throughout the procedure, and retains adequate mental faculties to respond to questions and instructions from the dentist.

O/T I'm surprised GoPro(TM) hasn't suggested mounting cameras to the MuskPods for the ultimate "Survivor" type reality show.

I can't imagine how the SEALS that have been spending time with the boys are feeling. Look at all of us here- already attached to them and we've never even met them. Those SEALS have got to be sick with worry about what's to come. They've got a tough job ahead. I feel for them.

If they do put him in a mini submarine, then maybe they can sedate them, slightly.

I think it is worth it to wait for this equipment, because EM has a great track record so far, and if anyone can get the impossible done, he can.

And there is no question that it is very dangerous to expect these kids to scuba dive in those horrid conditions.

This may be our miracle?
Yes, if anyone can do it, it’s him. I hope this works out and they all get out safely.

That is very interesting. Really made me think about the diving.

Your grandson has the mind of a great engineer. That is pretty cool thinking!
He's a water person, ocean, river, anything that has water. He's dealt with currents quite a bit, swims with sharks even. Eek! Plus he wants to be an engineer. So I can't wait to tell him what Elon is doing now.

Is there a ? I feel for the families. I hope there is. I think of the Humboldt boys and so many people nationwide donated. I hope these boys, families and people helping get some financial help now and the days coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmandaRDH