Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Still Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
The knowledge of having the world at their side cheering them on, will help their mindsets soar.

I would think they have been told, if only because it's such a powerfully strong, positive message.

Namaste,

Oh my dear zen, your "namaste" just made my day. I so needed something to brighten my mood. I am so scared for the boys and rescuers. thank you. Your presence often brings me some calming moments,

Blessings to all of the volunteers, divers, medical staff, security, companies donating equipment and food, Musk and his engineers , people around the world watching, hoping and praying together for the boys - everyone:

Team Tham Luang - the World Loves You !

Namaste,

Interesting article about how the boys spent their day before entering the cave and a bit about a few of them and their interests. it's a WSJ article and I could not read it on their page (have to be a subscriber or only allowed a few per month, I think) ‘Where Have You Guys Been?’: Thai Cave Challenge Quickly Became a Trap

But if you go to their FB page you can click on the post re the text message and it will open in full: ‘Where Have You Guys Been?’: Thai Cave Challenge Quickly Became a Trap

@elonmusk
Some good feedback from cave experts in Thailand. Iterating with them on an escape pod design that might be safe enough to try. Also building an inflatable tube with airlocks. Less likely to work, given tricky contours, but great if it does.

11:02 AM - 7 Jul 2018
Got more great feedback from Thailand. Primary path is basically a tiny, kid-size submarine using the liquid oxygen transfer tube of Falcon rocket as hull. Light enough to be carried by 2 divers, small enough to get through narrow gaps. Extremely robust.

The 'choke point': Terrifyingly narrow 15-inch passage trapped Thai football players must squeeze through to safety as two more elite British divers arrive on the scene with half a ton of rescue gear
  • Divers have to squeeze through an incredibly narrow passage to reach the stranded football team
  • Tight, difficult to navigate section of the tunnel has a sharp upward bend followed by a downward slope
  • The boys would have to crawl out of the water swirling with silt in complete darkness guided by divers
  • Then they must clamber across a rocky peak before descending into the murky waters again
  • Two more British divers arrived to help with the mammoth effort to bring the 12 boys and their coach home
By NICK CRAVEN FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

PUBLISHED: 17:15 EDT, 7 July 2018 | UPDATED: 17:22 EDT, 7 July 2018

Graphic paints the best picture of life threatening "choke point" not just for the boys but for rescuers as well. It's what is keeping every one of us on this vigil,,,

4E05BFA500000578-0-image-a-93_1530996961125.jpg

Terrifyingly narrow passage that trapped Thai football players must squeeze through | Daily Mail Online

B871E282-C4A4-4497-B70E-33CF9C2F1739.jpeg
Members of the Moo Pa soccer team and their 25-year old coach pause for a photo during a cycling trip. (Nopparat Khanthavong)

‘He loved them more than himself’: How a 25-year-old former monk kept the Thai soccer team alive

He [Cosch Ekapol] found kindred spirits in the boys, many of whom had grown up poor or were stateless ethnic minorities, common in this border area between Myanmar and Thailand.

He helped Nopparat, the head coach, devise a system where the boys’ passion for soccer would motivate them to excel academically. If they got certain grades in school, they would be rewarded with soccer gear, such as fresh studs for their cleats or a new pair of shorts. The two spent time looking for sponsors and used the Moo Pa team to prove to the boys that they could become something more than their small town would suggest — even professional athletes.

“He gave a lot of himself to them,” Nopparat said. He would ferry the boys to and from home when their parents could not and took responsibility for them as if they were his own family.

He also kept the boys on a strict training schedule, according to physical education teachers at the school field where they practiced. That included biking across the hills that surround Mae Sai.

The 'choke point': Terrifyingly narrow 15-inch passage trapped Thai football players must squeeze through to safety as two more elite British divers arrive on the scene with half a ton of rescue gear
  • Divers have to squeeze through an incredibly narrow passage to reach the stranded football team
  • Tight, difficult to navigate section of the tunnel has a sharp upward bend followed by a downward slope
  • The boys would have to crawl out of the water swirling with silt in complete darkness guided by divers
  • Then they must clamber across a rocky peak before descending into the murky waters again
  • Two more British divers arrived to help with the mammoth effort to bring the 12 boys and their coach home

Graphic paints the best picture of life threatening "choke point" not just for the boys but for rescuers as well. It's what is keeping every one of us on this vigil,,,

Terrifyingly narrow passage that trapped Thai football players must squeeze through | Daily Mail Online

"In complete darkness" but everyone in the graphic is shown with headlights. Must be the Daily Mail? Oh yes it is! :rolleyes:

Jeez the boys must have crawled/climbed through this narrow passage when they went in. Without any gear, safety ropes, strong lights, etc. They're surely brave and very fit and athletic it seems.

Last edited:

Well this is the stuff of nightmares!
With all our coolio technology, can’t we whittle that sucker down a bit?
Perhaps they are afraid of structural integrity?

This gives me so much anxiety. Praying for all who have to pass through there.

That would be extremely terrifying for me even without the water! This is a breathtaking display of compassionate humanity going into this fragile effort.

Jeez the boys must have crawled/climbed through this narrow passage when they went in. Without any gear, safety ropes, strong, lights, etc. They're surely brave and very fit and athletic it seems.

I was imagining them sitting there for as long as they possible could until the water rose to a point that made them have to abandon that high ground. I can't wait to hear the whole story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VikkiB73