Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Still Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was very hard getting through these posts. I'm crying here with you guys. So much to say but can barely find the words right now, heart is so heavy. So please excuse me as this certainly will not be my most eloquent post.

Saman Kuan is the biggest hero I think I've ever seen in my life. This is one of the most amazing threads I've been able to read. Hugs to everyone, especially Bravo. Very sorry for your loss.

"Former Sgt. Saman Kunan, an ex-SEAL, died at 2:00 a.m. Friday local time (2 p.m. Thursday ET) due to a lack of air while attempting to return to a command center deep underground, Chiang Rai Deputy Governor Passakorn Boonyalak said.
The command center is located two kilometers (1.2 miles) inside the cave, where the young soccer team and their coach have been trapped for almost two weeks."

Thai cave rescue: Former Navy diver dies while exiting flooded tunnels - CNN

Can robotics somehow help here. I have some thoughts. I was just reading an article about some different robots in China. Also what about those dive hand scooters, perhaps adapt a mini mini one/motor to somehow to take the diver or even a robot there more quickly...sorry not explaining myself well, deep pain in my gut. Been a long time since I've had such a deep pang in a thread. Not to sound all dramatic but it's like an actual kick in the gut, that awful, awful feeling. So sad and this is all very very hard to watch and read.

Eta: My opinion is I don't think they can last in there. Between the rains, the lack of oxygen and their declining health...they have to get them out now, 4 months, no way they'll make it if they can barely move now. But they can't dive it, ajd divers are having trouble, soo (cont.)...obviously drastic measures, like bombing it soooomewhere or something to get in closer, of course in a way that doesn't collapse the cave or send waters in, thats the challenge obviously...(the ending of Towering Inferno keeps popping in my mind, when Fred Astaire and Steve McQueen strap themselves down before they bomb the water tank and all the water gushing comes in....)so many challenges. Need fracking experts...plenty of those around here (cough)...sounds like they've got all the bases covered..in this age of technology there's GOT to be a way...they're going to need some pumps (air and water) like we've never seen...insert a long long tube...like that motorized flag pole invention that blows air...I keep visualizing an endoscopic technology in the human body that goes through the narrow arteries...anyway they have all the experts and man power...just some immediate layperson thoughts as I watch this all unfold whole hoping for the best. Sick can barely type or think. I know they're doing all they can...

What an amaaaazing effort by everyone. The whole world is watching.

This all unprecedented, I've never seen such a complex situation such as this, and I followed the BP Oil Spill, miners rescues, Baby Jessica....

Its (can't find the word, "good") to read everyone's thoughts. And be here together. The thought of them all in there....:(

Last edited:
Gonna head to bed but attach these here. Thank you all for being here.

Attachments

• 5FB286F4-19A1-407C-BBFF-9F32F080378D.png
    5FB286F4-19A1-407C-BBFF-9F32F080378D.png
    226.6 KB · Views: 43
  • E863F27D-C7EF-4B1C-AC17-79A196A6C817.png
    E863F27D-C7EF-4B1C-AC17-79A196A6C817.png
    342.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 439FEF57-E420-4F6C-AF67-5AB724108E9C.jpeg
    439FEF57-E420-4F6C-AF67-5AB724108E9C.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 49
  • DE843875-8D34-4D73-970B-A89EDA8CAFE5.jpeg
    DE843875-8D34-4D73-970B-A89EDA8CAFE5.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 35
Jax49, I'm watching the live feed as well and wondered if you have any idea what the four heavy blue pieces of equipment that were delivered could be. Must be very heavy as up to 10-12 men carried each one. Any ideas?

Jax49, I'm watching the live feed as well and wondered if you have any idea what the four heavy blue pieces of equipment that were delivered could be. Must be very heavy as up to 10-12 men carried each one. Any ideas?

I was wondering the same thing. They were very heavy...looked like they were really struggling to move them.

I'm guessing they have something to do with electrical power??? IIRC, there were large wires at the top?

Maybe some promising news?
Thailand cave rescue: former navy diver dies during operation – live

The chief engineer involved in the rescue mission has told the Guardian that he thinks a team may be able to drill down to where the boys are located and get them out that way.

Drilling was previously believed to be too dangerous an option, given the small space the boys and their coach are trapped in, and the fact that they are believed to be between 800m and 1km below the surface.

Schematic of where the boys are trapped.
Thai authorities are progressing several different plans at once to try to reach the boys – including drilling a hole from the top of the mountain to find them. Thanes Weerasin, the president of the Engineering Institute of Thailand, who is supervising a drilling crew currently in the jungle above the boys, told the Guardian he was exploring one particularly promising tunnel with with a large hole about 100m into it.

“It’s a big hole, about 1.2m by 1m,” he said. “You can go down using a rope … I think this place can lead to the children because after your foot touches the ground below, you can walk through using the compass and direct it to the tunnel [where the children are stuck].”

About 20m in the direction of the boys, Weerasin said he reached another hole that was obstructed by a boulder. He wedged a borescope through a gap and saw it extended up to another 10m.

He believes the hole could eventually lead to Nom Sao slope, the area past Pattaya Beach where the children and their coach are sheltering. “I think this hole is near there.”

Yaaayyy!!!!

I’m very sorry to read about the brave diver who died it’s brought home the severity of the situation even more. May he Rest In Peace.

Hoping and praying that they can get everyone out alive. What a nightmare for all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member