Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - Officials Believe 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They might have been referring to the time taken between two points within the cave system?

I don't know. I'm starting to panic :-(
Me too. I'm panicking more now than ever for those boys. The relief was short lived. I hope they figure something out and fast. They are running out of time. Not good.

From BCRC (British Cave Rescue Council) media briefing note 5 July:

"Yesterday, our officers concentrated their combined efforts to support our colleagues overseas. On around 07:00h BST (UK) time, Wednesday, a request was made from our team in Thailand and the Thai authorities, to send out additional personnel and equipment."

"Last night and later this morning, five key cave rescuers will travel from the UK to Thailand. Some are divers, others will perform a co-ordinating, surface control function."

"At this time, we are not able to give any specific updates on matters underground in Thailand. We are aware of a new initiative to divert streams and rivers from any inlets identified above the cave (sinks and fissures) to reduce the underground water flow rate. This is established practice in cave rescue and has proven effective in cave rescue efforts associated with other river caves, not least for Ogof Ffynnon Ddu (OFD) main streamway in South Wales when cavers become trapped underground during flood. At Tham Luang Nang Non Cave, surface searches continue for alternative routes in to the cave."

Tham Luang Nang Non Cave, Thailand – Update – British Cave Rescue Council

After the sheer excitement of finding them all, and all alive, then the emotionally collapse of finding out they can't remove them when found, I don't know how the families and the survivors could handle this ending with anything other than a safe rescue.

Oh that stretcher was made for underwater rescues specifically. Oxygen tank attached.

That would be AMAZING if they could successfully use something like that. I am wondering though, if it would work in these severe, drastic conditions, with underwater rocks and crags, and with such muddy, murky thick water....?

I'm not panicked but I sure am worried. I don't like to hear some of the boy have intestinal trouble. It has to be very difficult to maintain any kind of hygiene. I hope it doesn't spread.

My thoughts too.
I wonder how large the area is where they are stranded and where they go to relieve themselves. They were fasting for nine days so this wasn't a problem then, but now that they started eating again they will have to go.

That would be AMAZING if they could successfully use something like that. I am wondering though, if it would work in these severe, drastic conditions, with underwater rocks and crags, and with such muddy, murky thick water....?

I think the main problem might be the narrow passage(s)? I wonder whether they still try to widen them. One article I quoted above said (paraphrasing) the passages were sometimes so narrow only one could go at a time and they had to take their gear off to do so. It was written in past tense though so maybe they have widened them.

I'm not panicked but I sure am worried. I don't like to hear some of the boy have intestinal trouble. It has to be very difficult to maintain any kind of hygiene. I hope it doesn't spread.

They should already have taken in basic meds like tylenol along with the food. I would hope that given the already unsanitary conditions of the cave that they already put some anti-vomiting and anti-dia (can't spell that word) medicines in the cave. Those medicines would help to reduce the spread of disease and also help reduce the risk of them becoming even more dehydrated from loss of fluids.

But even with medicines to stop one from throwing up or having dia... a person is still going to feel sick and weak.

I'm not medically trained, that is just my opinion.

The boys and coach could be suffering from the effects of what
I referenced earlier "Re-feeding Syndrome" . It's not unusual for
problems to arise even a week-10 days from beginning of re-feeding.
I didn't want to sound too negative, but the inital foods brought
to them didn't sound to me like the proper type of nutrition
for someone who'd not eaten for 10-11 days.
There is a specific protocol of what to feed initially because the
starved body is unable to properly utilize and break down the food.
Important minerals were out of balance and the blood and bodily fluids needed to be brought back into balance before giving high
glucose foods, which they got.
Often in rescued (starved) animals we need to give fluids and nutrients via IV first before introducing solid foods.
Sorry, but I just don't have faith in the Thai officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member