The 911 Call, LE Radio Call & Police Report

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know if this counts or is a similar feeling but...

When my father-inlaw passed away, there is very little time before the funeral home contacts you the details and wanting to make arrangements with the family.
I believe they called me within 24 hours...all the questions....drove me over the edge... I WANTED to hang up the phone..I wanted to be left alone....I was ANGRY at them for calling when I wasn't ready.

Maybe Ron was angry, instead of scared and truthfully needing assistance.

I don't know if this counts or is a similar feeling but...

When my father-inlaw passed away, there is very little time before the funeral home contacts you the details and wanting to make arrangements with the family.
I believe they called me within 24 hours...all the questions....drove me over the edge... I WANTED to hang up the phone..I wanted to be left alone....I was ANGRY at them for calling when I wasn't ready.

Maybe Ron was angry, instead of scared and truthfully needing assistance.

It was different in some important respects. They called you and wanted you to think about funeral arrangements. It was just practicalities and there was no urgency. You knew that he was dead and there was nothing to be done to help him, you needed time to grieve and cope with your loss.

In a missing child call it's you calling them, trying to get them to help you asap because you don't know where your child is and you don't want time to cope with your loss, you want them to help urgently.

This urgency is completely missing in Misty. Ron is more urgent , but his urgency is targeted a bit odd. It's not "Please please find my daughter, you gotta help her, where is she, she may be in danger?" Instead he's focused on "You gotta find the perp before I kill him, not that I'm afraid of going to jail."

BBM
I didn't pick up on Misty saying "I don't wanna", but that absolutely makes sense. Earlier when the 911 operator says to Misty, let me speak to your husband, she says, "Yes, yes, yes, Here!" She was so thankful to be getting off the call and putting the ball in Ron's court. Neither one of them wanted to be "the one" making that call. Ron spoke with 911 less than 40 seconds total, and when he was talking to 911, he did all the talking. He never gave her a chance to question him.
After 911 asks Misty about Haleigh's hair color, she answers, brown, and then she says "oh my God, it's freaking cold!" What's up with that? Why would she be muttering that, under the circumstances? I hear Ron making the statement "we don't want them finding *advertiser censored**ing dope" and I think that's pretty clear.
I couldn't make out a 3rd person talking, but if there was someone else, could it have been Jr's voice? If he's in the house, why isn't he crying, or at least asking questions about what's going on?
This is a strange 911 call. Mostly alibi setting, ranting about what will happen to the kidnappers when they are found, and a lot of ignoring questions from 911. This is crazy!

BBM

I thought Misty was saying OMG He is freaking out... referring to Ronald..

AND don't forget when MC was mugged in the car at the apartment building while making a deal - she sure knew what to say on THAT 911 call didn't she? If you listen to that 911 and then go back to the 911 for Haleigh, its like listening to two different people.

When she was mugged/robbed the emotion in her voice speaks volumes! There is absolutely NO emotion on the 911 Haleigh call. Why is that?

Swag, I'm so glad you brought up the comparison between the two 911 calls Misty made.
The difference is night and day.
She sounds so uncomfortable in the call about Haeligh. I think mainly cause she knows she's lying. She begins with a lie - "our daughter is missing."
Misty knows she's not the mother and I think she's trying to find the right words to make it seem she should be making that call. There is no excitment or fear or worry in her voice. She's so lame. While on the other hand, we have Ron full of rage. But, he doesn't make the call. And, he is so insistant that someone get there right away. However he avoids talking with the 911 operator. He does not offer one bit of information to help the officers when they get there. He does go into a full blown threat and wants the 911 official to know and understand that threat. I see that as a red herring. I had nothing to do with this, is what he's really stating. And, why would he say that? When he's not being asked about his involvement.
In my mind, I can see the two of them going over the call and what Misty needs to say when she makes the call. She struggles immediately for the right words. And, I can fully hear she is not keeping to the script Ron vocally prepared for her to say.
Some of us say this call sounds crazy. For me, it sounds Staged!
Who the hell hangs up on 911?
jmo

Did anyone ever see the first 911 call some in from 116 Taylor? The LE was present at that address when Misty's 911 call came in.....
Is there any evidence out there that there was a call into the LE or 911 to appear at 116 Taylor that evening prior to Misty 911 call?
Sorry, but I am TOTALLY LOST!

You left out the part, after the 90 calls, the inability to contact the one watching his children, the one who partied for 3 days - in his desperation, he stopped at a convenience store on his way home from "werk" to pick up essentials like cigarettes and peanuts, only to be conveniently seen by the store's security cameras.

Back to 911, I've called them several times, and I don't think I ever began my "emergency" with "I was sleeping" even though, twice that I remember, I was. Once when a fire broke out in my house, and once when my elderly mother got out of bed without help and fell. Neither time did I think my sleeping was the emergency 911 wanted to hear. Granted, both times I was over the age of 18, and I'd call 911 before, but really, time was of the essence, and sleep is well, stationary.

Misty's 911 call when she was attacked was direct and to the point. Didn't she call during the road rage incident with DBrock, too? She's gotten more experience, that's all. The first time's always the scariest. "Um, um, ..... I was sleeping......"

aksleuth, your accout of your 911 calls are clearly how most of us would act.
But when we look at Misty's initial answer that she just woke up, what I imagine is this: Ron and Misty discuss what to say to the 911 operator when she makes the call. Ron says to Misty "Tell 'em you were sleeping and just woke up and she's missing."
And, Misty being under pressure from Ron first to make the call, does just that. JMO.

Being scripted might explain "our daughter" too. If they've been going over the story and he's been talking about "my daughter" missing it might perhaps mutate into our daughter when she's telling it.

All the "I'll ****ing kill him if I get my hands on him before y'all do" doesn't really jive with "There's no anger, he's just disappointed that Misty didn't tell him", does it? What changed in a year?

I am sorry, I know this is off topic, but is it really necessary to continue using this expression "werk?" It strikes me as incredibly insensitive to people who happen to have a southern accent.

LOL imikant! I'm about as southern as you can get and it doesn't offend me. Despite what people think, even most of us southerners do not say 'werk'. I honestly don't believe anyone means any harm, it's just a 'Ronaldism' as he has repeated over and over that he don't know nuthin' he was at 'werk'..kinda' like don't ask me anything, I have a ready-made excuse!

You made me think of something that happened a long time ago.

I was 16 years old at the time, my niece was 5 ...

She was driving a go cart that went straight off a turn into the ditch..going fast...

My first reaction was to run inside the house and lock the door??? Strange behaviour, I know, but that is exactly what I did..

No, of course everybody doesn't act perfectly rational in an emergency situation, it's just to be expected. But apparently the research seems to indicate that guilty people and innocent people tend to act irrationally in different ways.[/QUOTE]

I hope that i can make what I'm feeling make sense to you guys. In the call, it seems to me, that Ron is furious, not at Misty, but at the person who "stole" Haleigh and he knows who it is. This could only be because Misty told him who took her and why. Personally, I believe she told him, but it was not the truth. I just seems to me, that at that time, Ron thought he would get Haleigh back and get retribution. If he is innocent in this crime, it could be the only reason he kept Misty around. Sorry if this doesn't make sense. After reading this transcript I think Ronald knew (0r thought he did) a lot more than he told.

There are some good articles on 911 calls and red flags contained within.

"The words people choose tell the analyst whether or not they are "committed" to what they are saying."

"When you say 'I got up at 6 o'clock,' I accept it is true. If you say 'I got up, I think, at 6 o'clock,' I cannot accept the 6 o'clock. You didn't commit yourself to the 6 o'clock," Sapir explained.

http://www.lsiscan.com/id33.htm

911: “911, what’s your emergency”

Misty Croslin: “Hi…umm…I just woke up…and our backdoor was wide open and I think…and I can’t find our daughter”

First, when you call 911 in the middle of the night to report a missing child, you KNOW if that child is missing when you call. You check the house, outside, you call her name, there is no "I think" about it.

Other red flags other posters have mentioned, like using the word "hi" to greet the 911 dispatcher. For anyone that has ever called 911 in an emergency, you know the first words out of your mouth is the emergency you are calling about. You are so intent on getting that piece of information out there and to LE, that nothing else is more important. Not what you were doing before, not claiming a child as your daughter when she is not...nothing.

Try to imagine that your five year old is missing in the middle of the night, even if you woke up to find that out. The pieces of information you would find critical would be giving a correct description of your child to LE. For all you know your daughter could be wandering down the road a block over, with a cop car riding by (one who has just received information about your missing child). With that hope you give the correct weight, height, color of hair,what the child was wearing, etc...You try your best to relay that information to LE. The person that had that descriptive information was the biological father and he is not cooperating. He is yelling profanities, in the background, while the 17 year old babysitter calls 911.

"I don't care if you record this", not a statement a parent, in the emergency call of their life, would make. It's certainly not what they would be thinking. Ron just knows someone stole his daughter and he's only been home for a few minutes. A parent in that situation would be more concerned that the child was outside, in the dark and cold. LE would be their best friend, not someone they would hang up on twice.

I am sorry, I know this is off topic, but is it really necessary to continue using this expression "werk?" It strikes me as incredibly insensitive to people who happen to have a southern accent.

As a Southerner, I've heard worse. Just for the record, I'm at the same latitude as the folks in Satsuma. It's what's called The Deep South.

For some reason Misty felt it necessary to lay out her alibi before she even mentioned WHY she needed 911. Although we all act/react differently that's hinky imo..

I do have to say that personally I have found that in emergency situations that myself and others that I know are surprised at just how well they handle a situation, as well as make a 911 call, answer necessary questions, etc. when they have to..they may fall apart later, but at that moment when faced with an emergency situation most do a lot better than they believe they could..ESPECIALLY when it has to do with the life and death of a child..moo anyway..:)

I hope that i can make what I'm feeling make sense to you guys. In the call, it seems to me, that Ron is furious, not at Misty, but at the person who "stole" Haleigh and he knows who it is. This could only be because Misty told him who took her and why. Personally, I believe she told him, but it was not the truth. I just seems to me, that at that time, Ron thought he would get Haleigh back and get retribution. If he is innocent in this crime, it could be the only reason he kept Misty around. Sorry if this doesn't make sense. After reading this transcript I think Ronald knew (0r thought he did) a lot more than he told.

When the Joe took her while Misty watched story came out I thought that the "Why you let my daughter get stole" part sounded more like Misty had told him some sob story about being forced to let his daughter get stole because she'd been threatened, not a story about having slept through it all.

I just would expect a different kind of plea if a parent is in the situation of knowing their child is abducted alive. Not so much, "I'll kill him as soon as I get my hands on him", but more, "I'll do anything, I'll give anything if you'll just give me my daughter back." His pleas never gave me the impression that he really believed in them, sometimes he had to be prompted by the reporter to plead. But that's just moo.

I try to imagine myself in Ron's shoes, coming home to be told by the 17 year old babysitter that my child is missing. IF I told her to call 911, it would be something like, ok you call 911 while I go out and search. It would not be, you call 911 while I stand here and monitor your every word.

Why pass this important task to the juvenile babysitter ? A poster mentioned that Ron delegates the dirty work to others and I agree. He also delegates to those who are younger, less experienced than he is. Did he delegate that night to TC and JC and/or Misty, to dispose of Haleigh's body ? I think so.

aksleuth, your accout of your 911 calls are clearly how most of us would act.
But when we look at Misty's initial answer that she just woke up, what I imagine is this: Ron and Misty discuss what to say to the 911 operator when she makes the call. Ron says to Misty "Tell 'em you were sleeping and just woke up and she's missing."
And, Misty being under pressure from Ron first to make the call, does just that. JMO.

Exactly. I was going over the scenario in my mind, too. It went the same as you wrote it, and that's how she said it. I'm sure she wasn't expecting all those extra questions like the house number, how tall is she, how much does she weigh, because that's not what they rehearsed, that wasn't the essential part of the plan. I did hear a sharpe change in her voice when the dispatcher asked her, "what's the numerical?" and Misty answered, "the newmiracle, what's that?". It surprised her. Then she went right back to being Misty, um....huh....distracted.

When Polly Klaas was kidnapped, her mother's 911 call was a bit "off" in the beginning. At first she thought the kids were playing a joke. Polly's friends were there but Polly was gone, mom had already gone to sleep when the girls woke her up. As she spoke, though, reality set in and the changes in her voice were obvious. She was able to give information, and the girls were, too. So while all 911 calls may not be perfect, I'm sure most innocent callers have many good markers within their calls, even if there are a few questionable moments.

A snippet of the Polly Klaas 911 call:

"Uh, apparently a man just broke into our house and took my daughter," she said, as though she could not believe it. "I just woke up, and two girls here spent the night with my daughter.

"She is 12 1/2." Her voice grew more desperate as she responded to the dispatcher's questions. "She is not here . . . I didn't even hear anything. I was asleep."

The dispatcher asked to speak to one of the girls, and [a girl]'s voice was heard.

"He took Polly away . . ., " said the 12-year-old. "We heard the screen door bang shut."

Exactly. I was going over the scenario in my mind, too. It went the same as you wrote it, and that's how she said it. I'm sure she wasn't expecting all those extra questions like the house number, how tall is she, how much does she weigh, because that's not what they rehearsed, that wasn't the essential part of the plan. I did hear a sharpe change in her voice when the dispatcher asked her, "what's the numerical?" and Misty answered, "the newmiracle, what's that?". It surprised her. Then she went right back to being Misty, um....huh....distracted.

When Polly Klaas was kidnapped, her mother's 911 call was a bit "off" in the beginning. At first she thought the kids were playing a joke. Polly's friends were there but Polly was gone, mom had already gone to sleep when the girls woke her up. As she spoke, though, reality set in and the changes in her voice were obvious. She was able to give information, and the girls were, too. So while all 911 calls may not be perfect, I'm sure most of innocent callers have many good markers within their calls, even if there are a few questionable moments.

BBM
Aksleuth, that's exactly how it sounded...Misty was not prepared for all those questions. That's why I think we hear the "hang ups". Them hanging up the phone, gave them more time to rehearse, so to speak. I need to go back and listen to that 911 call, to pin point when the hang ups occur. Maybe Ron realize Misty was not getting the story right and hanging up the phone gave him more time to get the story straight. does that make sense?

It makes perfect sense. In fact, after his spiel about killing and prison, Ronald was asked about the pajamas Haleigh supposedly had on, he whined he was at work and hung up! The second call ended after they were asked her date of birth, there was a pause with Misty holding on, then he blew up, grabbed the phone, spewed more curse words and hung up.

I suppose the pajamas and her date of birth were too much for him. He gave information on where he was, what he would do, but never gave any information about the child. Any info about Haleigh was given by Misty.

I think I've listened too many times, I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for Misty. She's crying, he's screaming, he pops her a few times (I heard the smacks), and the operator is asking her for all the information. She actually sounds like she's being abused! She had the toughest part but she gave the information, not perfectly, but she tried. :waitasec: RC couldn't be bothered to give one shred of info about his own missing daughter! :eek:

I'm stunned.

The dispatcher seems to think he's useless for information. As difficult as it is to get information from Misty she prefers to talk to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Escolada
Back