The 911 Call, LE Radio Call & Police Report

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Haleigh got out of school at 3:00, I think it has been said that the bus dropped off between 3:30 and 3:45 - would of been plenty of time for RC to pick up Haleigh and make it to work by 4:30.

The reason Misty gave for Ron picking up HaLeigh alone from the bus stop on Monday was because Jr was taking a late afternoon nap. She stated this on the voice analysis test I believe.

Your child, like my nephew and nieces, are not licensed to drive, but that does not say they are incapable of the act of driving. In this instance, I was speaking of the legality of driving on city/county/town/state roads.

Busy suggested a scenario that Misty, having quit school, presented a waiver signed by her parents to allow her to drive. Misty quit school in the 7th grade, four years ago, making her barely 13 when she quit.

I cannot fathom any State accepting any waiver which could be signed to allow a 13 year old to drive legally.

If you're saying Misty shouldn't have received her licence because of quitting in 7th grade leaving her with an education level of junior high, at the age of 17 she should be given a license? She didn't present the waiver when she was 13, right?

Why would it be so important to you if Misty read a drivers book, passed a driving test, got her parents permission, and applied received a legal drivers license? I had a permit at the age of 15, which is still the legal age here in south carolina.

I wish they would release the entire transmission not bits and pieces put together it would help understand the events alot easier, as well as time stamps would be nice. We have no way of knowing the 1 to 1 1/2 hour transmission was made was it at 4:00 am 4:30 am ? All we know is the officer on Tyler had already been to Green Ln left Green Ln went to Tyler then returned to Green Ln.

I am thinking even if the transmission of these police calls were at 4:00 or 4:30 AM, bringing the last known of Haleigh being at the house to an 1 - 1/2 hours ago, still doesn't make sense as Misty claims she woke up at 3:00 AM and Haleigh wasn't there. :eek:

I would think that the last known physical sighting of Haleigh would have been when she was put to bed and/or before Misty went to sleep.

If you're saying Misty shouldn't have received her licence because of quitting in 7th grade leaving her with an education level of junior high, at the age of 17 she should be given a license? She didn't present the waiver when she was 13, right?

Why would it be so important to you if Misty read a drivers book, passed a driving test, got her parents permission, and applied received a legal drivers license? I had a permit at the age of 15, which is still the legal age here in south carolina.

That isn't what I stated at all. Basing my comments on Busy's scenario that someone could, after quitting school, get a waiver signed by parents in order to get a driver's license......since Misty has not attended school in over 4 years, I think it would be safe to say she did not have a license before she was married, based upon FL statutes which give a certain age/school requirement to obtain that license.

Quitting school at 16, getting a waiver.......now that's different. But she's been out of school and away from her family since 14 and that is still not legal age to drive, and most permits require school attendance.

to my knowledge any adult can sign for a minor to obtain a permit then license.

I gotta say this.....Misty did not have a jr high level of education. She had approx. a 3rd or 4th grade education. I am truly surprised that in Fla. you are allowed to quit school at 13. I say this with certainty because I live in another southern state nearby and its standard is that when you graduate 12 grade, you are then in possession of an 8th grade education. Fla. is not known for educational excellence. I think we can all agree that states have no great interest in personal driving skills. If you can pass their test, you may then pay auto insurance, be responsible for all the laws in that state referring to operating an auto. The concern on my part is that they are the person or people operating vehicles without critical thinking skills, knowledge and responsibility when I or my loved ones drive. JMO except for opinions on the school situations, I know that as fact from personal experience with my childreln.

I gotta say this.....Misty did not have a jr high level of education. She had approx. a 3rd or 4th grade education. I am truly surprised that in Fla. you are allowed to quit school at 13. I say this with certainty because I live in another southern state nearby and its standard is that when you graduate 12 grade, you are then in possession of an 8th grade education. Fla. is not known for educational excellence. I think we can all agree that states have no great interest in personal driving skills. If you can pass their test, you may then pay auto insurance, be responsible for all the laws in that state referring to operating an auto. The concern on my part is that they are the person or people operating vehicles without critical thinking skills, knowledge and responsibility when I or my loved ones drive. JMO except for opinions on the school situations, I know that as fact from personal experience with my childreln.

Some of my 2nd and 3rd graders could write and read better notes and letters. I normally only had to read to a few in the 2nd or 3rd grades individually to complete classroom assignments. I also was able to team up the sketchy sporadic readers with the good ones freeing me up.

Misty sharpen up on your reading and writing abilities, practice makes perfect. LOL

It is not signing a waiver for a 7th grader to get a license - it is the parents signing a waiver that their child is dropping out of school and they understand the consequences of that action. If that wavier is signed then when the child reaches 16 they can obtain a drivers license. If that waiver is not signed they cannot. Hope that clears up the confusion.

ETA: I was in no way stating that a 13 yr old could have a drivers license!!!!!

I cannot fathom anyone signing a waiver for a 7th grader to get a driver's license.

The 1 - 1 1/2 hours ago is very confusing. I do not know if they use the time the person reports the person missing which Misty said was at around 3:00 she noticed Haleigh was gone which would coincide with the 1 to 1 1/2 hours ago. It makes no sense to me if Haleigh was physically seen at 2:30 or 3:00 that LE would of not put that out there right away - it would aid in finding the child. It would change the way perimeters and searches are set up, how far the child could of gotten etc what areas to look in.

I am thinking even if the transmission of these police calls were at 4:00 or 4:30 AM, bringing the last known of Haleigh being at the house to an 1 - 1/2 hours ago, still doesn't make sense as Misty claims she woke up at 3:00 AM and Haleigh wasn't there. :eek:

I would think that the last known physical sighting of Haleigh would have been when she was put to bed and/or before Misty went to sleep.

The 1 - 1 1/2 hours ago is very confusing. I do not know if they use the time the person reports the person missing which Misty said was at around 3:00 she noticed Haleigh was gone which would coincide with the 1 to 1 1/2 hours ago. It makes no sense to me if Haleigh was physically seen at 2:30 or 3:00 that LE would of not put that out there right away - it would aid in finding the child. It would change the way perimeters and searches are set up, how far the child could of gotten etc what areas to look in.

Given that prior to the comment made at Tyler regarding the 1 1/2 hrs last seen they were just dispatching people to Green lane, it is my contention that it is okay to use logic that officers were dispatched to Tyler for some other reason and, while there, were asked about whether they'd seen or heard anything concerning what was going on at Green Lane.

The officer on Tyler had already been to Green Lane. She went to Green Lane, then to Tyler, was then returning to Green Lane. The narrative states Misty told them she sometimes walked with the kids to go visit family - so logic to me says they officer on Green Ln was informed of the family member living on Tyler and went to Tyler to check to see if Haleigh had by chance wandered over to the Tyler location.

Given that prior to the comment made at Tyler regarding the 1 1/2 hrs last seen they were just dispatching people to Green lane, it is my contention that it is okay to use logic that officers were dispatched to Tyler for some other reason and, while there, were asked about whether they'd seen or heard anything concerning what was going on at Green Lane.

Some of my 2nd and 3rd graders could write and read better notes and letters. I normally only had to read to a few in the 2nd or 3rd grades individually to complete classroom assignments. I also was able to team up the sketchy sporadic readers with the good ones freeing me up.

Misty sharpen up on your reading and writing abilities, practice makes perfect. LOL

If Misty does not value the importance of a good education for herself, how can she truly commit herself to honouring HaLeigh's educational needs? Personally I feel Misty and Ron were not mentally prepared to handle the extra demands placed on them by a child who was entering preschool and needed consistency in the home to be at school on time everyday. I sincerely hope M&R will try their best to see that Ronnie Jr gets to school on time when he starts school in the near future. If Misty and Ron remain living with gmma sykes, she will likely support R & M in this endeavor.

The officer on Tyler had already been to Green Lane. She went to Green Lane, then to Tyler, was then returning to Green Lane. The narrative states Misty told them she sometimes walked with the kids to go visit family - so logic to me says they officer on Green Ln was informed of the family member living on Tyler and went to Tyler to check to see if Haleigh had by chance wandered over to the Tyler location.

"Heading back to Green Lane" does not indicate to me that she was there before. That states that she will be heading back along Tyler towrad Green Lane. And once again, she had already been dispatched to Tyler when the call (in the beginning of the 911 call) for an incident and dispatch officers to Green Lane was issued.

We will just have to agree to disagree - there is nothing that indicates in the transmission that she is heading back along Tyler towards Green Lane. Also nothing in the tranmission indicates any officers were dispatched to the Tyler location. Officers are already 10-97 at Green Lane when the Tyler info is presented.

"Heading back to Green Lane" does not indicate to me that she was there before. That states that she will be heading back along Tyler towrad Green Lane. And once again, she had already been dispatched to Tyler when the call (in the beginning of the 911 call) for an incident and dispatch officers to Green Lane was issued.

If Misty does not value the importance of a good education for herself, how can she truly commit herself to honouring HaLeigh's educational needs? Personally I feel Misty and Ron were not mentally prepared to handle the extra demands placed on them by a child who was entering preschool and needed consistency in the home to be at school on time everyday. I sincerely hope M&R will try their best to see that Ronnie Jr gets to school on time when he starts school in the near future. If Misty and Ron remain living with gmma sykes, she will likely support R & M in this endeavor.

With all due respect, I think education is not so high on the list of priorities for M & R, neither is consistency.

We will just have to agree to disagree - there is nothing that indicates in the transmission that she is heading back along Tyler towards Green Lane. Also nothing in the tranmission indicates any officers were dispatched to the Tyler location. Officers are already 10-97 at Green Lane when the Tyler info is presented.

Order of operations. The 911 tape is released as they're responding to Green Lane. They're discussing what's going on around the county and find an officer at Tyler. There is no mystery. There is an officer at Tyler before there is one at Green Ln.

Like I said earlier we will just have to agree to disagree. Officers are 10-97 at Green Ln well before officer 1256 mentions Tyler. I read it as she is returning to the Green Ln address after checking out the Tyler address and that she had been at Green Ln before going to Tyler. No biggy we just see it differently.

ETA: The tape is also not a continous transmisson we are missing bits and pieces that LE decided not to release for what ever reason. There are no timestamps so it makes it extremely difficult to follow - The call came in at 3:27 and LE arrived at 3:40 - the officers are being dispatched but 2:30 they have arrived at the scene that right there tells you we are missing bunches of transmissions from the beginning of the call.

Order of operations. The 911 tape is released as they're responding to Green Lane. They're discussing what's going on around the county and find an officer at Tyler. There is no mystery. There is an officer at Tyler before there is one at Green Ln.

I don't hear any breaks which would conclude a myriad of transmissions. I hear a rather continuous, progressive transmission.

It cant be debs, the tape isnt even 13 minutes long and it took LE that long to arrive on the scene - six minutes into the tape they are dispatching helicopters and dogs etc and have the pic of Haleigh to get it distributed at 6 minutes, they were not even on the scene until 13 minutes and we know they didnt have the pic until abut 23 minutes after LE was dispatched to the scene. So this is bits and pieces of the entire transmission from that morning which probably lasted a couple hours. I am probably not explaining it well at all.

I don't hear any breaks which would conclude a myriad of transmissions. I hear a rather continuous, progressive transmission.

It cant be debs, the tape isnt even 13 minutes long and it took LE that long to arrive on the scene - six minutes into the tape they are dispatching helicopters and dogs etc and have the pic of Haleigh to get it distributed at 6 minutes, they were not even on the scene until 13 minutes and we know they didnt have the pic until abut 23 minutes after LE was dispatched to the scene. So this is bits and pieces of the entire transmission from that morning which probably lasted a couple hours. I am probably not explaining it well at all.
Busy, I respectfully suggest to you that there were two dispatches that night......the first one to Tyler, and the second one to Green. What we are hearing is the conversation between dispatch and LE as they're going to Green Ln, discovering there is an officer in the vicinity on Tyler. This officer then suggests that once she's done with what she's doing on Tyler, she'll head back to Green Ln. In this transmission, however, there is a conversation regarding the missing child from Green Ln, and the coincidence of the officer at Tyler. This officer then gives the information that the person(s) at Tyler state they "last saw her at ....residence 1 1/2 hours ago."

so, make of that what you will. This is what I make of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back