The Anthony Backyard *REVISITED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I don't believe that there was ever any record or discussion of the area of "disturbed soil" that was mentioned in in the forensics log as being a "depression" or a hole until it was "Breaking News" on a certain national cable network program.

In fact, upon reflection, it seems of note that "disturbed soil" was the term used. If there had been a depression there, much less a hole, I think that is the term they would have chosen. "Disturbed" is much more specific, and much less commonly used as a description.
Is English comprehension still a part of school curricula? This stuff is not rocket science. Very poorly writen most of it, but even more poorly read and comprehended. I am mainly refering to the so called journalists who transmit the information.

(PS: Knives: Discount for cash? For a broken set, I think you should sharpen your pencil?)

The rectangular white cement objects. Maybe I could look them up later on the Home Depot site. People use these for various things. To build with, to pave with, to make walkways, or to use just about anywhere a brick could be used.
Please do. Look them up, that is. I'm not asking this to be mean or petty. I'm quite sincerely interested in seeing exactly what you mean.

I have to be careful when I discuss subjects like this, because my background is in construction, and I tend to be extremely specific and literal when construction terminology is involved.

The activities you mention above use a wide range of different types of masonry unit, most of which are not particularly suited to purposes beyond their intent. This is not to say they aren't used otherwise, but as far as this discussion is concerned I see no evidence that they have been.

The objects I recall being able to identify with confidence in the remains site pics were unquestionably concrete blocks, also known as cinder blocks, and technically as CMU (concrete masonry units). These are commonly (nominal) 8"x8"x16". I believe that they were debris from dumping. I've had this conversation before on other threads, so I won't continue it here.

There were other objects that may have been pavers, maybe not. Pavers come in an immense variety of shapes, sizes, colors,and traffic applications. The type I believe we are discussing would be similar to the ones in the photo Hercule posted. These are (nominal) 12" to 24" sq. by 2" thick.

They are not suitable to "build with" or "use just about anywhere a brick could be used".

There was question about the wide of the hole or disturbed soil a page or so back. I'd think if a shovel about 12" wide is pushed into the soil about 5" deep, then it should leave a hole at least 5" wide when it's taken out, maybe a little wider if the shovel is angled to get the dirt dug out. If the dirt is filled back in it would just be disturbed soil. Something was either removed or buried and later removed.
Or perhaps someone just stuck a shovel in the ground a few times and did nothing more.

Or perhaps someone just stuck a shovel in the ground a few times and did nothing more.
Thank you for some details. You have knowledge not previously revealed.

A previous point I made may have got lost. The area being debated seems to have inspired little interest from LE other than to inspect and declare not relevant. It did inspire them to call in 2 sets of cadaver dog and handler to check the rest of the back yard. There were some areas that LE deemed more important than this soil disturbance. 3 places where the dogs "hit" suggesting possibility of human remains and 1 or 2 other garden areas. What LE found was mulch and bark/wood chip garden and a plastic mesh "weed mat" below the surface. This weed mat was not broken thru, so proved no deeper excavation had taken place. I imagine that if KC did in fact try digging, she got no further than moving the top layer of mulch and bark, coming across the plastic layer, and giving up.

You know what...nevermind. I really don't feel like messing with it anymore. I am not spending time explaining it further. There was a reason I brought it up and since it has been so decidedly dismissed...

I think the WHOLE hole debate needs to be locked. Going in circles isn't getting us anywhere and since it really doesn't matter anyway...what is the point?

Thank you for some details. You have knowledge not previously revealed.

A previous point I made may have got lost. The area being debated seems to have inspired little interest from LE other than to inspect and declare not relevant. It did inspire them to call in 2 sets of cadaver dog and handler to check the rest of the back yard. There were some areas that LE deemed more important than this soil disturbance. 3 places where the dogs "hit" suggesting possibility of human remains and 1 or 2 other garden areas. What LE found was mulch and bark/wood chip garden and a plastic mesh "weed mat" below the surface. This weed mat was not broken thru, so proved no deeper excavation had taken place. I imagine that if KC did in fact try digging, she got no further than moving the top layer of mulch and bark, coming across the plastic layer, and giving up.

I agree. There is no data to suggest anything more.

I give up.
I think GA would have reported things moved or missing rather than a soil disturbance if blocks or whatever went missing.

What makes you think that? Did they report a winnie the pooh blanket missing? I don't think they would voluntarily report anything that might hurt KC, unless they absolutely have to.

What pavers found at remains site?

There were rocks, possibly building debris like breeze blocks, but no pavers?

Do you have a pic?

I think since GA was in "report mode" he might have said to LE, "Oi, somebody has stolen a paver", rather than report a soil disturbance?

Did he "report" the soil disturbance? I know he told someone outside of LE, but IIRC, he only said he noticed it when LE were already in the back yard with a warrant. But I could be wrong.

Don't you think LE are smart enough to see if a soil distubance is an indentation left after removing blocks with straight edges?

It's not that they aren't smart enough, but it would have been at least a month since Caylee went missing so those edges may not have seemed as straight as they were a month before. Probably rain and stuff in between would soften them, plus, they were looking for a body or evidence that a body had been there, which is why the called in the cadaver dogs, rather than cement paver experts! They had no idea there were pavers near the remains at that time.

Did he "report" the soil disturbance? I know he told someone outside of LE, but IIRC, he only said he noticed it when LE were already in the back yard with a warrant. But I could be wrong.
GA reported to LE.
I copied quote from docs. In this thread.

It's not that they aren't smart enough, but it would have been at least a month since Caylee went missing so those edges may not have seemed as straight as they were a month before. Probably rain and stuff in between would soften them, plus, they were looking for a body or evidence that a body had been there, which is why the called in the cadaver dogs, rather than cement paver experts! They had no idea there were pavers near the remains at that time.
Are you trying to support a theory that KC took paving stones or other concrete with her from the garden? None was reported found by LE.

Do you think that while Caylee was just out of contact as far as he was concerned, he noticed large chunks of concrete missing from where they had been in use, and decided to hide that fact. He did decide to point LE to the very spot, but not say there were pavers gone?

Sure looks and sounds like guilt to me, and has from the beginning !
I only know missing child cases from TV, but the first thing LE do and tell Parents(Gparents) to do is search the home and places nearby. In case child is injured, hiding etc. I know in this case everything is a month late because KC did not report, but even so the first thing that needs to be done is search the home. I can not imagine that as anything other than required as a first step?

I only know missing child cases from TV, but the first thing LE do and tell Parents(Gparents) to do is search the home and places nearby. In case child is injured, hiding etc. I know in this case everything is a month late because KC did not report, but even so the first thing that needs to be done is search the home. I can not imagine that as anything other than required as a first step?

Maybe schools need to start courses in creative imagining alongside of reading comprehension and pencil sharpening.

My opinion only

You know what...nevermind. I really don't feel like messing with it anymore. I am not spending time explaining it further. There was a reason I brought it up and since it has been so decidedly dismissed...

I think the WHOLE hole debate needs to be locked. Going in circles isn't getting us anywhere and since it really doesn't matter anyway...what is the point?

Bolding mine.

I would like to hear the reason you brought it up. I always enjoy your posts and respect your opinion without necessarily always agreeing. I enjoy new ideas.

You're talking about the A's. So whatever you should do, expect the opposite.

Back to lurking...

Yes, or Casey could have even jabbed the shovel into the ground just in case she had to try and prove later why she borrowed the neighbor's shovel. I think it's odd that George would even notice the spot if they really did dig up bamboo shoots frequently.

Is English comprehension still a part of school curricula? This stuff is not rocket science. Very poorly writen most of it, but even more poorly read and comprehended. I am mainly refering to the so called journalists who transmit the information.

Nancy Grace called this disturbed soil a shallow grave. Tot Mom Mayhem!

You want rocks and blocks at the crime scene? Oh boy, have we got them. Take your pick!

Attachments

• Blocks.jpg
    Blocks.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Blocks 2.jpg
    Blocks 2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 63

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors