The Backyard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, I am not sure if anyone else feels this way but, after looking at the photos of the inside of Jaycee and her girls' living quarters, I have mixed emotions. It was almost a little comforting for me to see that despite all of the squalor you can see some evidence that she had a few meager possessions.

I can almost imagine PG occasionally bringing her and the girls some "token or trinket" as a show of affection. Reading that she described her relationship with him as "almost a marriage" makes me wonder if maybe in some way she felt loved and cared for by this sicko. It makes it worse to think that on top of all of the horrible things she and the girls had to endure that she never felt loved. I guess we will eventually find out more details about that much later....

I am also comforted to know that during her horrific life in captivity where she may have had very little outside contact, that at least she had books to read so that she may temporarily escape into another world.

Okay, I am not sure if anyone else feels this way but, after looking at the photos of the inside of Jaycee and her girls' living quarters, I have mixed emotions. It was almost a little comforting for me to see that despite all of the squalor you can see some evidence that she had a few meager possessions.

I felt it too. Never thought I would get choked up over a bottle of Dove lotion, but when I saw it in the photo, I did. I have that same lotion. Yet the circumstances are so different in the places it sits in our "homes". Seeing her books, and her little touches of domesticity, like the flowers in the vase, also brought me to tears. Her little touches of trying to make a nice home for her and her children is testament to how strong and loving Jaycee is. She's a stronger person than I think I would have been at this point in the same circumstances.

Something else I have been wondering is how in this world would she have kept her babies "safe" in a place like that. What I mean is that it is hard enough to baby proof an actual house much less a place like they were living in. How did she keep them from choking on something they picked up or if they got cut or hurt how did she keep the wound clean and free from infection? I am assuming Jaycee had no prenatal care for any of her pregnancies......Did she really give birth out there? Did she nurse them? If so, who showed her what she needed to do? She didn't have her mom there like most of us to help her, she had no one. I cannot imagine the sickos being able to show her anything. Or maybe they did.....

Those latest pictures are very interesting. Did you see they even have a Nintendo Gamecube and TV? I found that odd!

I find it hard to believe that no one heard a baby crying in the middle of the night outside in the back yard. Is that what the sound proof room was for?? I just cant believe that neighbors knew he was a SO and no one heard these children screaming and crying when they where young. FGS my whole neighborhood can hear Pooky when she has a tantrum while inside the house!

Wow what horrible conditions. I couldnt help but notice some childrens toys and a small childs chair in the pictures. Wouldnt that stuff be a little outdated for the ages of her children? Does that mean there are more children that were around?

It seems like they were hoarders, nothing got thrown away.

I wonder if they girls were kept inside as babies. Didn't PG say that the girls have slept in his arms since they were newborns? Maybe they slept inside?

I didn't see anything specifically that struck me as a young child or toddler aged toy. That one chair was kind of small but if the 11 year old was the size of an 8 year old as one report suggested it would certainly be big enough for her. Also the mentality of the children could be that of a much younger child after what they have been through. The only item I saw that seemed for a younger child was a stuffed animal of some kind but it looked worn and like the type of thing that a baby gets attached to and sleeps with every night until they are much older. My 11 year old daughter still sleeps with her stuffed bunny (although she doesn't want anyone to know anymore).

I wonder who all the cat items belong to. It seems like one of the 3 was very much interested in cats.

I have a feeling that it might have been Jaycee that had the interest in cats. In one of the handout photos from when she went missing, she is wearing a black sweater with white cats on it.

(I apologize for not providing a link--I saw the photo just 10 minutes ago, and now I cannot locate it.)

ETA: Here is a link to the photo of Jaycee wearing the black sweater with a white cat on it.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20301296,00.html

god lord, why didn't they call the CFS? sometimes minding your own business is sinful.
Maybe illegal. Just tell me please that one of those neighbors had an occupational license that also had a mandatory reporter obligation. Just one please! I'd like to "send a message!"

Did anyone else notice the framed photos in picture #6 in the left hand corner? Man I'd love to be able to see a close up and who is in the picture! Anyone know how to enlarge it where it wouldn't be fuzzy?

ETA, will never mind...now I see #7 is a close up.

I found these pics, not sure if they are the same that others posted. Very sad conditions. What I can't understand is how she had little babies there and no one, no one, got suspicious enough to do something. I am never ceased to be amazed by the ignorance of our neighbors.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new.../Inside-Jaycee-Lee-Dugards-garden-prison.html

I bet the wife took care of the children when they were babies. They referred to Jaycee as their sister. Maybe the wife was who they thought was mommy?

Something else I have been wondering is how in this world would she have kept her babies "safe" in a place like that. What I mean is that it is hard enough to baby proof an actual house much less a place like they were living in. How did she keep them from choking on something they picked up or if they got cut or hurt how did she keep the wound clean and free from infection? I am assuming Jaycee had no prenatal care for any of her pregnancies......Did she really give birth out there? Did she nurse them? If so, who showed her what she needed to do? She didn't have her mom there like most of us to help her, she had no one. I cannot imagine the sickos being able to show her anything. Or maybe they did.....

Did anyone else notice the framed photos in picture #6 in the left hand corner? Man I'd love to be able to see a close up and who is in the picture! Anyone know how to enlarge it where it wouldn't be fuzzy?

I tried enlarging it in photoshop but I just could not tell. However, those pictures in the next shot, #7, do appear to be a younger PG in his "musician" mode. (one of the articles had pictures of him when quite a bit younger) Backed with tinfoil, probably by Jaycee. It is difficult to see who is in the third picture in the frame, but I think it's probably him as well.

In his interview on Geraldo last night, Carl Probyn said that the two girls knew Jaycee was their mother, but didn't know the circumstances of the relationship between Jaycee and PG - they didn't know Jaycee had been kidnapped. He said that Jaycee told the two girls the true circumstances two days ago, which would have been Thursday.

It makes sense that the two girls were told the truth right away. They had to have been wondering why PG and NG were arrested and why they were taken away from the house. I think they need the truth in order to cope with what's happening.

I was surprised by the living quarters of Jaycee and the two girls. While harsh conditions, living in a shed and tents, there were a lot of little personal touches and evidence of contact with the outside world through books, television, games, etc. I do think it's likely that NG took care of the girls inside the house when they were infants.

When you look at other cases in which the victim bonded with their captor or captors, it doesn't seem to take long. I would imagine that Jaycee was kept in that sound-proof shed initially, and only when PG felt she was no longer likely to try to escape, was she allowed some leeway. The two children have never known another way of life and would accept their living circumstances as normal. Once Jaycee had the first child, it was like insurance to PG and NG - if they kept the baby in the house they knew Jaycee wouldn't try to escape without the baby. Maybe she was even threatened that if she tried to escape, they'd kill the baby.

I find it hard to believe that no one heard a baby crying in the middle of the night outside in the back yard. Is that what the sound proof room was for?? I just cant believe that neighbors knew he was a SO and no one heard these children screaming and crying when they where young. FGS my whole neighborhood can hear Pooky when she has a tantrum while inside the house!

I'm sure our neighbors can hear my 3-month old when he has his meltdowns too. As for the sound proof room, I hate to think what it may have been for. I wonder if this is the shed that had the mattress leaned against the wall. If so, I know I don't want to know what happened in there.

Hoarding is another sign of mental illness. The photos sure look like it.

It's also a sign of someone who has been neglected. We had a foster daughter that would hoard her food and belongings because in her parents home they wouldn't feed her anything except goldfish crackers.

What has stayed with me is that comment from the young man who spoke with Jaycee years ago through the fence, and other neighbors who commented that the big privacy fence when up practically overnight. It sounds like that "compound" came after the fence and I hope for their sake it took YEARS and they haven't been out there all this time.

If no neighbors heard newborns and infants crying (hopefully) maybe Jaycee was able to give birth and care for the babies inside. As more is coming out about that elderly man's house next-door (where the newest owner in an interview says the door locks were all reversed when he bought the house and Garrido had had access to it) if Jaycee and her children were hidden over there during parole officer visits? An elderly, bedridden man wouldn't know what was going on in the rest of his house, and once he was gone, it was just more room for Garrido to spread out into.

This is a horrible unforgivable case of neighbors totally disregarding the safety of children. Heck, I question when an animal appears to be abused or if living conditions are not appropriate. If this house was next to mine and I was aware of him being a pedofile - I would be haunting the authorities.
I am wondering if he filed income taxes and if so, how did he list exemptions. Also, did 'Alissa' have a social security number and also file taxes.
There's a part of me that is hoping that a good, 'honest' legal representative will step into this mess because these children and their mother are owed compensation for slave labor.

This is a horrible unforgivable case of neighbors totally disregarding the safety of children. Heck, I question when an animal appears to be abused or if living conditions are not appropriate. If this house was next to mine and I was aware of him being a pedofile - I would be haunting the authorities.
I am wondering if he filed income taxes and if so, how did he list exemptions. Also, did 'Alissa' have a social security number and also file taxes.
There's a part of me that is hoping that a good, 'honest' legal representative will step into this mess because these children and their mother are owed compensation for slave labor.
Thank you for your post wicket. I agree 100%!
I am angry about this; just as you all are. The more I think about it the angrier I get. Eighteen years was too long and unacceptable.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_13234976?source=most_viewed

Here's a sample of the photo inventory being compiled:
— An 8-by-4-foot wire cage
— 2 toy Furbees
— "Self Esteem: A Family Affair," by Jean Illsey Clark
— Large trampoline
— 2008 fantasy novel "Shadow Bridge," about an orphaned female puppeteer
— Bookshelf packed with bestselling paperback sci-fi, crime and romance novels by writers including Dean Koontz, Patricia Cornwell and Danielle Steele
— A welcome sign adorned with decorative butterfly and bell figures
— An assortment of healthy looking potted houseplants
— An office cluttered with papers and boxes, including one with the Contra Costa Times' feature section Timeout peeking out
— A licensing agreement for Los Gatos-based Caere software, which produces optical scanning software
— A dusty dresser topped with drugstore brand baby blue eye shadow, blush, lipgloss and a hairbrush
— Cat figurines and a 1,000-piece cat puzzle
— A naked headless Barbie doll
To see some of these photos, visit www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209966/Jaycee-Lee-Dugards-prison-First-pictures-filthy-backyard-jail-religious-fanatic-held-kidnapped-girl.html

I agree if so called printing business has any assetts all should go to jaycee and her kids, now, if she want to continue the business I guess taht would be up to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume
Back