The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In our part of the country, anything square insted of rounded would be a "container" and not a "barrel," so perhaps it's just a local language thing going on?

Did they ever say exactly where on the Denali these "shavings" were found? I thought I'd heard they were on the vehicle itself, from scraping the container against the car trying to get it in & out.
That is exactly what I thought, and so it wouldn't matter whether they were round or square. If something heavy was inside and he scraped the side or handle while lifting or dragging the container out of a car then it would leave "shavings" as evidence.

I think sonar could see those shapes under the water. Of course, the waterways are probably frozen right now.

I am hoping that one of the containers has the missing Apple computer and that the computer has an anti-theft tracking system on it. If the computer was used for LE related work, then I would almost bet it has one on it. The software would most likely be unknown to Drew. IT depts put them on emplyees computers, it's undetectable and virtually impossible to remove. The tracking system would lead to exactly where the computer is.
Oooooh, interesting!!! I didn't know that. Let's hope. :D

In our part of the country, anything square insted of rounded would be a "container" and not a "barrel," so perhaps it's just a local language thing going on?
That's what I think, as well. To me, a barrel is round, I've never heard of a square barrel.

Oooooh, interesting!!! I didn't know that. Let's hope. :D

That's what I think, as well. To me, a barrel is round, I've never heard of a square barrel.

--->>>Yep barrels are notably round. Old song from my childhood, called "Beer Barrel Polka", lyrics go, "ROLL out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun" etc. Play heck rolling a square barrel.

--->>>Yep barrels are notably round. Old song from my childhood, called "Beer Barrel Polka", lyrics go, "ROLL out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun" etc. Play heck rolling a square barrel.

LOL, Camper - I love that song!!
<< dancin' toward the coffeemaker to that song in my head now >>

camper:

LOL, you just gave your age away!!! :):) Rolling out the barrel..........

Seriously, the picture that I am now seeing is NOT a barrel ,as was mentioned by Fox in how we interpret that word.

However, my hubby said he would have no problem putting me in one of those when I showed him the pic. (I asked, all folded up or what, and he said, more like he could scrunched me up in it)

I stand 4'10". What was Stacy's height again???

camper:

LOL, you just gave your age away!!! :):) Rolling out the barrel..........

Seriously, the picture that I am now seeing is NOT a barrel ,as was mentioned by Fox in how we interpret that word.

However, my hubby said he would have no problem putting me in one of those when I showed him the pic. (I asked, all folded up or what, and he said, more like he could scrunched me up in it)

I stand 4'10".
What was Stacy's height again???
5'2" approx. 100 lbs.

hmmmmmmm. Hubby is at work now but will ask him later with those height and weight facts.

An extra 4" in height is a lot to scrunch up, IMO. For the scenario of DP disembering (god, I hate saying that word), would require IMO, DP somehow taking Stacy to the basement and telling the kids he was doing some saw work, etc. down there. NOPE, that couldn't have happened. No blood found. (THAT IS, ASSUMING THE LE WENT TO THE BASEMENT).

IMO, the "barrel" was used to put Stacy in and the 3 missing "containers" were used for other evidence and tools, materials, etc., that DP needed to put Stacy somewhere.

I was questioning where this blue barrel could be. I believe that DP is not stupid enough to dump it into a river, etc.

So, my question is, where is a waste facility/reclamation plant, in an area that DP frequents/lives near/drives by/vacations near that has a lot of these blue barrels? If I was going to hide someone, I would want to put them in plain sight rather than risk them turning up in another remote area.

I am also interested to know whether this was a plastic or metal container, as this would suggest what it had originally contained.

Nothing to add to where the barrel might be, but this week's "National Enquirer" mentions that DP's stepbrother says that DP first asked him to "kill" someone but he doesn't say who. Then the stepbrother, TM says that he helped DP dispose of a blue barrel, which was in the bedroom with a piece of thick plastic sticking out of it. He helped to put load it on DP's truck. Believing that it was Stacy's body, the stepbrother attempted suicide and later was under police protection.

Stacy's sister saw a blue barrel in the garage a few weeks before Stacy disappeared. When she asked Stacy what was in the blue barrel, Stacy said it was pool chlorine that DP got for the pool.

At the time the blue barrel was being discussed on this forum, many felt it was strange for DP to get so much pool chlorine in October, at a time of the year when the pool wasn't in use. If I recall correctly, a pool supply store employee remembers selling DP the barrel of chlorine. That barrel of chlorine was not in DP's garage after Stacy disappeared.

I don't think Drew Peterson's nearly as clever as he would like us to believe--and many do. However, I agree that he'd choose a route of disposal not apt to stand out like a sore thumb.

That said, the blue barrels don't tend to raise antennae unless they're spotted someplace where they really do stand out---and I suspect Drew Peterson has dumped Stacy where she's not apt to be spotted in or out of a barrel. That "head-clearing" trip he took, I am sure, afforded him that opportunity.

I'm skeptical that she was placed in chlorine itself---that would pose considerable risk to Peterson when putting her into the barrel, transporting her AND removing her (if he did). A human body, no matter how tiny, displaces matter---she could not have been placed into a barrel containing all that much chemical, IMO.

I wish to God that this grand jury would indict--I live in the area and haven't heard a thing about it in quite some time.

On Nancy Grace recently she showed a pic taken by TES from the air and you could clearly see a blue container in it. I have not been following this case very closely and I was wondering if anyone else had seen this pic? I was just wanting to know more info about this pic. Sorry if this has been discusses before. Thanks!

Edit: I found the pic at another site. So, was this determined to have nothing to do with this case?

just had a thought reading this thread... is the barrel still blue though?

he could've spray painted it to disguise it or make it blend in with the dump site better (green? brown?) ...

On Nancy Grace recently she showed a pic taken by TES from the air and you could clearly see a blue container in it. I have not been following this case very closely and I was wondering if anyone else had seen this pic? I was just wanting to know more info about this pic. Sorry if this has been discusses before. Thanks!

Edit: I found the pic at another site. So, was this determined to have nothing to do with this case?

Robyn,

Would you mind sharing which site or a link to the pic? I have been searching for a pic and curious ever since I saw that on NG! If that was taken during a TES search what was the end result? I'm sure they would have investigated it and ruled out a body or evidence being in it, right? Sooo weird NG never addressed the pic, just showed it as she was talking about the case. I was yelling at the TV, "where is that river, OMG is that THE blue barrel?"
I'm glad I'm not the only one who wondered...:D

After doing some more searching I found this. I am still not certain this pertains to the TES video shown on Nany Grace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWDI7xBV_mM

A group of searchers looking for missing Bolingbrook mom Stacy Peterson are clearing a portion of the Des Plaines River of all blue barrels.

How wonderful of all these volunteers.

I saw that picture too...but, didn't post about it, because I thought that since nobody else had posted about it, that I must have dreamed it. I was wondering if it had been determined if it had anything to do with this case, also.

http://www.acandyrose.com/Stacy_Peterson_File-57-barrol1.jpg

Here's the pic I found but after looking at it again I am not so sure it is the same pic on NG. BTW...I was also yelling at the TV and was very disgusted that Nancy wouldn't even address the picture!

Looks like the same pic that was on NG to me. Yeah, I couldn't believe that she did not say a single word about that picture. Why in the world would she put it on her show, if she is not going to even talk about it...at ALL. Not ONE word about it....just let everybody guess what the picture was of. Maybe it was supposed to be some sort of guessing game...;)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back