The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If a barrel was used in SP's disposal I think it would have only been used to transport her body, then dumped.

The problem with that is if she was dumped in water. Think of Laci....she was dumped in water with weights tied to her body. She surfaced when the decomposing flesh from her body allowed her remains to slip from the ties. If she was dumped in water, a barrel with weights in it and/or tied to it would remain on the bottom for many years because the plastic doesn't decompose. I think that probably DrewP would be aware of that.

Or if her remains were cremated, then the barrel was probably burnt too.

If her remains were disposed of in any other way, I would agree with you. The barrell would be too identifiable and and would probably only be used to hide her body while being transported. It would have been burnt or dumped elsewhere to make sure any evidence it contained would be eliminated.

We buy it in the pool supply stores in bottles that resemble household bleach bottles ---- white plastic. Guess that answers that question. Plastic can contain it.

ROFL! Want to do an experiment?

ROFL! Want to do an experiment?
That really makes me laugh remembering an experience a few years ago. My husband poured a "dose" of muriatic acid into the pool thinking that it was liquid chlorine (that's a husband for ya') and shortly thereafter I jumped in the pool and immediately right out of the pool and ran for the shower. My skin felt "soapy" and tingly. Wasn't bad, and did no lasting harm, but there you are about muriatic acid.......enough of an experiment!

That really makes me laugh remembering an experience a few years ago. My husband poured a "dose" of muriatic acid into the pool thinking that it was liquid chlorine (that's a husband for ya') and shortly thereafter I jumped in the pool and immediately right out of the pool and ran for the shower. My skin felt "soapy" and tingly. Wasn't bad, and did no lasting harm, but there you are about muriatic acid.......enough of an experiment!

Now see, I was wondering if you had any roadkill in front of your house or any pest animals running around, rofl!

Roll On the Floor Laughing
You are TOO COOL, Mysteriew! I still insist that if an ill intended person wanted to destroy evidence or a body, whether in a barrell or crate or whatever, muriatic acid would really do the job. Just trying to share what I know about pool chemicals, but awfully disappointed that law enforcement hasn't done more to close the Stacy Peterson loss.

Ok, just free thinking here:

Ways to dispose of a body

Just dump in the woods or field...Commonly used. Animals may get hold of it and carry it away, consuming it or making it unrecognizable as human. Danger of hunters finding the remains or hikers etc running across it, but could take years. Recently remains were found in a Chicago ditch that were thought to be 13 years old. They had been in a ditch near the road.

Shallow grave...Commonly used. Will often leave a depression in the ground when the body decomposes and the dirt settles. Danger to discovery, animals have been known to dig them up or water washing the loose dirt away. Hikers/hunters may note the signs of a recent ground disturbance.

Deep grave... Time consuming, it would take quite a while for one person to dig by hand but effective. Still a danger of hikers/hunters noting the ground disturbance.

Burning... Destroys all evidence except teeth and maybe some bone fragments. Danger of witnesses seeing the smoke and checking it out. Time consuming to destroy all the remains, but can (and has) been done. May take several hours or several tries.

Dump in a landfill... Once in a landfill, very difficult and expensive to locate. Has been done successfully. Danger of witnesses seeing the suspect at the landfill. Danger of body being noted in the dumpster.

Water burial...Frequently used. Quick and easy to do. Danger of the remains floating up and washing to shore. Or washing downstream then onto shore. With added weights and fixed so the weights don't slip off with the decomposing flesh could remain on the bottom forever.

Chemical usage... Destroys the body to the point where it isn't recognizable as human. Odors? Time it would take until decomposition is complete? Where to store the barrel without drawing attention?

Covering in concrete...Often talked about, but seldom known to be used. Dangers of drawing attention in purchasing sufficent amounts of the concrete. Danger of drawing attention to new construction. Could be done by adding to a new construction site, but would be a danger of workmen noticing a disturbance of the worksite.

I have seen most of these used at one point or another. Of course, most were unsuccessful which is how I know about them, lol.

What's interesting about Rick Mims testimony is that the GJ was very interested in the handles of these containers.

I did alot of reasearch about a week ago regarding pool chemicals. They can all be bought in barrels. Remember, Drew specially ordered a barrel. No need to go through that much trouble to purchase chlorine when a 10 lb tub is suffecient. Which BTW, is how most municipal pools buy it. So we can safely assume that Drew did not buy Chlorine.

Muriatic acid would do the job. But it too dangerous for the user to handle. Lye is better. Farmers use a barrel of lye method to dispose of dead farm animals. It takes about a week and what you are left with is liquid soap and a few bone fragments that crumble. This is easly poured down a drain. There is little odor for cadaver dogs to pick up because you are making soap. And when the process is done, you have made soap. So it takes about a week for this process. Interesting, because that's about when Drew got confident and cocky with the media.

What's interesting about Rick Mims testimony is that the GJ was very interested in the handles of these containers.

I did alot of reasearch about a week ago regarding pool chemicals. They can all be bought in barrels. Remember, Drew specially ordered a barrel. No need to go through that much trouble to purchase chlorine when a 10 lb tub is suffecient. Which BTW, is how most municipal pools buy it. So we can safely assume that Drew did not buy Chlorine.

Muriatic acid would do the job. But it too dangerous for the user to handle. Lye is better. Farmers use a barrel of lye method to dispose of dead farm animals. It takes about a week and what you are left with is liquid soap and a few bone fragments that crumble. This is easly poured down a drain. There is little odor for cadaver dogs to pick up because you are making soap. And when the process is done, you have made soap. So it takes about a week for this process. Interesting, because that's about when Drew got confident and cocky with the media.

Where can you get lye?

This was originally quoted by KPASS

Originally Posted by kpass
A good friend of mine works at "American Sales" in Tinley Park, which is where DP bought the swimming pool...it's not far from Bolingbrook. She told me the FBI came in the store last week asking questions regarding the pool chemicals, containers they carry...The store told them they don't 'store' them there, but they order them from one of their distributors, the FBI was given the distributors phone number.

Here is a picture of the blue container.
AAABluecontainer.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3993648

Thank you! I wonder why the GJ is so interested in the handles?

Maybe one of the handles fell off and was found in a vehicle?
Maybe along with the blue plastic chips found in the vehicle, some black plastic was found?

From Windchime's Post in the Blue Barrel in Bedroom #3 thread...

6x9znyp.jpg

Rick Mims, Peterson's long-time friend, told a grand jury last week that he and Peterson bought three such containers for about $100 from AmeriCable, where they both worked part-time in 2003, according to a source close to the investigation. Peterson put two of the containers on a shelf in his garage, but after Stacy vanished, so did the containers, Mims testified.
Source for picture and quote: ABC News

So, now we know there are 2 "containers" missing, and we know that they are square, not round. How big do you think these are? They look awfully small to me.

I'm surprised that Drew would need Morphey's help moving it - what could've made it so heavy? There's no way Stacy's body could fit in it, is there??

How do you all think this plays into the case in regards to the barrel? There was still a barrel - Stacy's sister saw it and Stacy told her it was chlorine.

The barrel I'm thinking was plastic - these containers don't appear to be plastic, does anyone know what it's made out of?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mebleswiata
Back