The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has DP given any explanation for where the blue barrel is that we know he had in his garage because someone saw it before the disappearance?? If Stacy was not disposed in it then he must have taken it to a landfill or otherwise gotten rid of it. Can't he be forced to say where it is?? Glaring omission if you ask me. I'd like to ask DP if Stacy is not in it then where is it?

This is very interesting talk about the blue barrel. On CNN Headline news, I guess the ex brother in law said the blue barrel was warm to the touch. If there was chlorine in the barrel with a body, does anyone know if this chemical reaction would cause the barrel to be "warm".

Is this a new barrel that they just found or is this an old blue barrel?

marleysmom - from reading the "body found" thread I've learned that blue barrels are not uncommon in that part of the river.

thread:
Unidentified Body of Woman pulled from DesPlaines River May 20 (2009)

This is very interesting talk about the blue barrel. On CNN Headline news, I guess the ex brother in law said the blue barrel was warm to the touch. If there was chlorine in the barrel with a body, does anyone know if this chemical reaction would cause the barrel to be "warm".

Depends on what form of chlorine it is.

Quicklime also generates heat upon reaction with flesh, as does lye, as do most strong acids. The setting of cement creates heat and corrodes. If there was cement in the barrel with the lower legs, not only could it have generated heat, the leg structure would have broken down faster.

Looks like the same pic that was on NG to me. Yeah, I couldn't believe that she did not say a single word about that picture. Why in the world would she put it on her show, if she is not going to even talk about it...at ALL. Not ONE word about it....just let everybody guess what the picture was of. Maybe it was supposed to be some sort of guessing game...;)
She didn't say anything because that's an old picture. It's not from the recent discovery. I distinctly remember seeing that pic a long time ago. I like Nancy, but sometimes she does things for sensationalism, and I believe putting that pic up was just that.

I was watching the local news and a resident had stated that it was not "uncommon" to see a blue barrel in the river. Police don't know why there were so many reports of blue barrels in the river over the past year and a half other than to think it was pranksters. I'll find the link. That is a sick joke. Tie up law eforcement to investigate every blue barrel that some wack job through into the river?

I'll find the link.

Yeah, I think the tavern/bar owner at the marina said something similar. Wouldn't surprise me to find that DP had something to do with all the blue barrels. Seems like his type of humor.

I'm wondering if these blue barrels are pretty much made by one manufacturer.

If he premeditated this he could have dumped the chlorine somewhere, not rinsed it out good and then made some quick set concrete and poured it in the bottom of the barrel ahead of time. Even the day or a couple of hours before. Hauled it up to the br after he killed her and then needed help from Tom as with the weight and bulkiness of it, to get it into his truck.

I agree if concrete had been made in the barrel not long before he put her in it, there would be warmth one could feel thru the plastic. The body starts to cool off the minute the heart stops, so I have a hard time imagining the heat Tom felt was from a dead body. IMO

Maybe we will eventually find out. If he did pour concrete in it, that barrel could have busted open with the remains sliding out and still be at the bottom of the river. Does that sound plausible?

I was watching the local news and a resident had stated that it was not "uncommon" to see a blue barrel in the river. Police don't know why there were so many reports of blue barrels in the river over the past year and a half other than to think it was pranksters. I'll find the link. That is a sick joke. Tie up law eforcement to investigate every blue barrel that some wack job through into the river?

I'll find the link.
It sounds like something DP might have done. Now that he's in jail maybe there won't be so many blue barrels turning up? :)

I was questioning where this blue barrel could be. I believe that DP is not stupid enough to dump it into a river, etc.

So, my question is, where is a waste facility/reclamation plant, in an area that DP frequents/lives near/drives by/vacations near that has a lot of these blue barrels? If I was going to hide someone, I would want to put them in plain sight rather than risk them turning up in another remote area.

I am also interested to know whether this was a plastic or metal container, as this would suggest what it had originally contained.

]I haven't read other replies, so forgive if this is a repeat answer, but maybe he borrowed a page out of Scott P's notebook and rented a storage unit under an alias. The self-storage places aren't exactly picky about who or what.. as long as the rental fee stays paid up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back