The British Royal Family #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made me google what the Queen likes to drink - gin, wine, martini and champers, apparently!

The truth about how much the Queen really drinks each day

Woman after my own heart!

It was an elderly neighbour introduced me to them too! She had a rocking chair which I thought was really cool so she used to let me sit in it with my tea and biscuits. She loved discussing Diana's 'fancy frocks'. I felt like a proper grown up :D

Oh I know, being given tea and biscuits and discussing grown up things! We used to watch Countdown and she'd praise me to the heavens for managing to get a 3 letter word and I'd be so proud :D:rolleyes: :p
Her favourite was Princess Anne, and I still agree with her on that

They needed time to find their style, we must have all worn some odd stuff as teens and in our 20s, but lucky for us no one in the press was paying attention! Eugenie's wedding dress was beautiful, but wo

I have a sneaking suspicions they used their mum's stylist - perhaps not the right person for a pair of young princesses!

Shock as Harry and Meghan axe all 15 UK staff | Daily Mail Online

Megxit bloodbath: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry AXE all 15 of their UK staff in surest sign yet they will never return to Britain to live - as shocked Palace sources 'say it's a difficult time for very loyal team'
  • Couple closing their office in Buckingham Palace with the loss of all 15 jobs
  • Among royal aides leaving are Marnie Gaffney, David Watkins & Julie Burley
  • The royal household will reabsorb some of them but others will face severance

I mean this doesn't mean that the jobs are completely lost, just that they won't be employed by Buckingham Palace presumably they will absorb some of these people into their new entity although perhaps given they've shifted to North America maybe there are visa issues. I think for most skilled jobs you have to advertise and prove no one can do it in the resident country before you hire from abroad and sponsor them. Terrible if people find themselves out of work because of this

"Today reports the couple flew commercial from Canada to the university in California, where they were greeted by Marc Tessier-Lavigne, the university's president."
So we're not allowed to discuss travel arrangements or environmental impact when they fly private but its allowed to be mentioned when they give an exclusive to a program and they want to highlight that they flew commercial.

"A palace source told Today the Duke and Duchess of Sussex visited Stanford University in Palo Alto, Calif. on Tuesday to attend an hours-long brainstorm session with professors and academics to help them with their ongoing effort to establish a new charitable organization."
I mean if they want to distance themselves from the palace and set out on their own, why are have "palace sources" leak things you obviously want in the public domain.

Last edited:
"A palace source told Today the Duke and Duchess of Sussex visited Stanford University in Palo Alto, Calif. on Tuesday to attend an hours-long brainstorm session with professors and academics to help them with their ongoing effort to establish a new charitable organization."
I mean if they want to distance themselves from the palace and set out on their own, why are have "palace sources" leak things you obviously want in the public domain.

I'd love an hours-long brainstorm session with professors and academics at Stanford for some of my own professional and financial issues.

I was born in the UK, but I'm a naturalized US citizen and just had my passport renewed. So I have most all the credentials those two do.

How do I sign up?

I've no idea as the outfit itself was gorgeous! It was Eugenie in the bad dress that time. They both got an absolute slating - the press had a field day and the public thought they were attention seekers. I'm glad they have turned opinion round since then, and hope this wedding continues with that.

View attachment 231858
I felt badly for them, but I was also thought how on earth she thought people would react to that hat! (I think y’all call it a fascinator or some such?)

Saw this in the checkout line today:

View attachment 231908

Kinda surprised the Enquirer waited this long!

The Enquirer and Globe Magazine are published by the same company. The magazines are useful for killing flies or steadying an unbalanced table but that’s about it. Who buys these magazines and believes them? That’s what I would like to know.

The Enquirer and Globe Magazine are published by the same company. The magazines are useful for killing flies or steadying an unbalanced table but that’s about it. Who buys these magazines and believes them? That’s what I would like to know.
People who believe in little green aliens and that Elvis is alive (and possibly living with the aliens in a Graceland on Uranus).

Well, decades ago I worked in a Social Services office, and The Big Boss brought me a copy one day. The headline read:

Bigfoot Is The Father Of My Baby

Yes, I had 'that' caseload.

Back to Countess Sophie and biscuits!

Sophie Wessex decorates biscuits and reads youngsters stories on a visit to a children's hospice | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67