The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
28581546-8339843-The_now_94_year_old_Queen_Elizabeth_II_sitting_in_the_Regency_Ro-a-198_1589980982945.jpg

she looks so cute here - I can see her youth in this picture. (from your link)

She’s always had a winning smile, and is never more animated than when she’s watching horse racing. Nice to see her grinning away in a home setting. I hope she makes it to 100 and gets a birthday card from herself :)

I know this is an old photo, but I came across it again recently. So love that the "younger generation" (ahem, does that make me sound geriatrical or what?) are starting to wear more substantial pieces. For Kate, specifically, I think it's a bit difficult, in that she's so.... TINY. And those gala jewels are ginormous. However, I thought this necklace was lovely on her. (Actually, this particular necklace, in my opinion, is just lovely in and of itself. One of my faves.)

I do think it would have been better worn with a less "busy" dress. Like the dress, but sans ruching would have made for a better showcasing of the necklace.
1_State-Visit-Of-The-King-And-Queen-Of-The-Netherlands-Day-One.jpg
She looks so fabulous and regal here!

I know this is an old photo, but I came across it again recently. So love that the "younger generation" (ahem, does that make me sound geriatrical or what?) are starting to wear more substantial pieces. For Kate, specifically, I think it's a bit difficult, in that she's so.... TINY. And those gala jewels are ginormous. However, I thought this necklace was lovely on her. (Actually, this particular necklace, in my opinion, is just lovely in and of itself. One of my faves.)

I do think it would have been better worn with a less "busy" dress. Like the dress, but sans ruching would have made for a better showcasing of the necklace.
1_State-Visit-Of-The-King-And-Queen-Of-The-Netherlands-Day-One.jpg
"So love that the "younger generation" (ahem, does that make me sound geriatrical or what?)..."

LOL, I don't think there is such a word as "geriatrical", but I'm going to start using it. Love it!

Prince Charles reveals he lost his sense of smell and taste when he contracted coronavirus

The Prince of Wales revealed he lost his sense of smell and taste, as he spoke about his personal experience of contracting coronavirus during his and wife Camilla's first in-person engagement in lockdown.

The Prince, 71, spoke to Jeff Mills, 47, a healthcare assistant from Cheltenham General Hospital, about contracting Covid-19 in March after developing mild symptoms. Mr Mills said: "He did speak of his personal experience, so first-hand experience for him. He also spoke about his loss of smell and taste, and sort of still felt he's still got it now."

Charles and Camilla were asked during an interview with ITV if they had been able to see any family members after lockdown measures had been eased in the UK. The Duchess revealed her delight at being reunited with her grandchildren: "First time last weekend, not hug them but see them, it was a great treat."

I've never been on a train. Let alone in a bathtub on a train. I'm all slack jawed lol.

I love travelling by train, whistling through the countryside super fast. Or not so fast, depending on whether there are leaves/sheep/snow/melted tracks on the line. Why have you never been on a train? That's pretty unheard of here I reckon.

PS train bathrooms are grim and to be avoided at all costs!

I love travelling by train, whistling through the countryside super fast. Or not so fast, depending on whether there are leaves/sheep/snow/melted tracks on the line. Why have you never been on a train? That's pretty unheard of here I reckon.

It's more of a vacation thing here. Even when Amtrak was more of a passenger line, I flew. Something I want to do someday. :)

It’s not a common experience for most Americans. We truly don’t have enough lines. You would be shocked, I think, if you saw our map of passenger rail. It’s pitiful. I was hoping we would get one from Chicago straight down to Georgia.

It’s not a common experience for most Americans. We truly don’t have enough lines. You would be shocked, I think, if you saw our map of passenger rail. It’s pitiful. I was hoping we would get one from Chicago straight down to Georgia.

I suppose the distances involved are crazy compared to here (the UK is about the same size as Oregon) and the topography would be more challenging. They're used a lot here for everyday travel in and out of cities, lots of commuter trains and regional lines as well as longer journeys. I must admit though that UK train travel is increasingly expensive and unreliable, especially compared to some of our European counterparts like Italy and France.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PixelP