The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[URL="https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/gallery/2020061991775/sophie-wessex-prince-edward-royal-wedding-photos/1/"]Best photos from Prince Edward and Sophie's wedding as they celebrate 21st anniversary[/URL]

Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex are celebrating their 21st wedding anniversary on Friday 19 June. To mark the occasion, here at HELLO!, we take a look back at their special day which took place at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle on 19 June 1999. Since tying the knot, the Queen's youngest son and his love, public relations consultant Sophie Rhys-Jones, have become parents to two children: James, Viscount Severn, born in 2007, and Lady Louise Windsor, born in 2003. Scroll through to see the best photos of Sophie and Edward's Windsor wedding day.

The couple, who had met at a tennis match in 1993, had a relatively simple royal wedding at St George’s Chapel, with no ceremonial state or military involvement.

For her big day, Sophie wore a silk organza Samantha Shaw dress, decorated with 325,000 crystals and pearls.

Holding her veil in place, Sophie wore a tiara made up of four open scrollwork motifs. The piece of jewelry came from the Queen's private collection and was designed and remodeled by the Crown Jeweller, David Thomas of Asprey and Garrard.

The nuptials were a significant TV event across the world with 200 million viewers tuning in to see the Queen's youngest son wed his bride.

Photos at link.

Best photos from Prince Edward and Sophie's wedding as they celebrate 21st anniversary

Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex are celebrating their 21st wedding anniversary on Friday 19 June. To mark the occasion, here at HELLO!, we take a look back at their special day which took place at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle on 19 June 1999. Since tying the knot, the Queen's youngest son and his love, public relations consultant Sophie Rhys-Jones, have become parents to two children: James, Viscount Severn, born in 2007, and Lady Louise Windsor, born in 2003. Scroll through to see the best photos of Sophie and Edward's Windsor wedding day.

The couple, who had met at a tennis match in 1993, had a relatively simple royal wedding at St George’s Chapel, with no ceremonial state or military involvement.

For her big day, Sophie wore a silk organza Samantha Shaw dress, decorated with 325,000 crystals and pearls.

Holding her veil in place, Sophie wore a tiara made up of four open scrollwork motifs. The piece of jewelry came from the Queen's private collection and was designed and remodeled by the Crown Jeweller, David Thomas of Asprey and Garrard.

The nuptials were a significant TV event across the world with 200 million viewers tuning in to see the Queen's youngest son wed his bride.

Photos at link.

Loved watching the wedding as I had all others !!! What I loved about Sophie's ensemble were the coat over her wedding gown and the black and white pearl earrings….she wore just what I would have !!! But I married a few years prior...sigh...….My aunt and uncle were over that day and Auntie Mary and I were glued to the tv with replenishing glasses of wine and a lot of comments.

I ordered the PBS special, The Queen at War, for our library. I just cataloged it today and brought it home to watch this weekend. My boss pretty much lets me order whatever I want on the BRF.

Oh, and that old book that a former nanny wrote about Elizabeth and Margaret - we have that. It is very old and I took it out of general circulation and moved it to special collections last year. I didn’t realize it was controversial until months later when I became involved in this thread. But some things you just know won’t come back if you allow it to go out on interlibrary loan. They are destined to become lost. This is one of those because there aren’t a lot of copies available in our library system.

Last edited:
Princess Eugenie thanks NHS for saving her father-in-law's life from coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

29861602-8443315-image-m-7_1592686700899.jpg

Image from linked article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members