The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? I don't think that's true @otto. Have you got a link that Meghan was engaged when she met Harry?

Charles should have been allowed to marry Camilla in the first place, when he wanted to in the 1970's. The palace vetoed it as "the conventions of the time called for the heir to the British throne to marry a woman who at least appeared to be virginal". Diana looked right and her history checked out (not that she really had one at 19) but clearly it was an arranged marriage.

The Real Reason Why Prince Charles and Camilla Didn't Get Married

It looks like Markle was living with one man when she was handing out her number to another man. I stand corrected - although some sources say engaged, others says living together.

"Prince Harry’s new girlfriend, Meghan Markle, was still dating a Canadian chef when she reportedly met the Prince for the first time, it has been suggested.

Markle, 35, an American actress, had been in a relationship with Cory Vitiello for two years when they broke up in May, the month the Prince is understood to have asked for her phone number after meeting her at a function.

Asked whether the Prince was a factor in Markle’s breakup with her boyfriend, a source close to Vitiello said: “I can’t comment on that.” Prince Harry, 32, is said to be smitten with divorcee Markle, who plays the role of Rachel Zane in the U.S. legal drama Suits.

He was in Canada in May to promote the Invictus Games for wounded service personnel, which will be held in Toronto next year. He then travelled to Florida to watch this year’s Invictus Games, in Orlando.

Markle was still, at that stage, the girlfriend of Vitiello, a celebrity chef and restaurateur whose latest venture is a chain of Canadian rotisseries called Flock."​

Prince Harry 'met new girlfriend while she was still dating celebrity chef'

Prince Harry’s new girlfriend was still dating Canadian chef when they reportedly first met in Toronto

Not seeing anything in the above quotes about MM "living" with Cory Vitiello. Every single article I find says "dating".

FWIW, Cory's mom, Joanne seems to be very supportive of Meghan Markle.

In the past, Diane has spoken about how 'very fond' the family are of the Duchess, saying: 'She is a lovely, lovely woman. Very smart, very bright, very caring. She's a warm personality, very sincere.

'We very much enjoyed the time we spent with her. She fitted very well into our family. The Royal Family, and Britain, is very lucky to have her.'

So ... somebody who actually knows MM has good things to say about her.

(Gotta love the DM .. they start off the above article using Joanne's name correctly then partly way through the article end up calling her Diane :rolleyes:)

Not seeing anything in the above quotes about MM "living" with Cory Vitiello. Every single article I find says "dating".

FWIW, Cory's mom, Joanne seems to be very supportive of Meghan Markle.

In the past, Diane has spoken about how 'very fond' the family are of the Duchess, saying: 'She is a lovely, lovely woman. Very smart, very bright, very caring. She's a warm personality, very sincere.

'We very much enjoyed the time we spent with her. She fitted very well into our family. The Royal Family, and Britain, is very lucky to have her.'

So ... somebody who actually knows MM has good things to say about her.

(Gotta love the DM .. they start off the above article using Joanne's name correctly then partly way through the article end up calling her Diane :rolleyes:)

There's more:

"[Mrs Vitiello] told how the pair were living together and things were "serious" between them but Cory has never told her why they broke up."​

Meghan Markle split with ex-boyfriend Cory Vitiello 'over a pasta dish'

Another link quoting the chef's mother stating that they were living together. Living together in their 30s was a sign to his family that the relationship was serious.

"Did Mr and Mrs Vitiello expect, as Meghan bonded with their family that memorable Christmas, that this was her destiny? 'I won't speak about that,' says Cory's mother. Then, tellingly, she goes on, 'I'll just let you know that we were very fond of her. It was serious. They were together that length of time. They were living together in the house, and they were in their 30s, so they weren't young kids.'"​

The hunky chef Meghan Markle nearly married | Daily Mail Online

Herein lies two perfect examples of the problem with tabloid headlines - people need to stop taking them at face value. It is clickbait, they earn money from it, don't fall for it!! (not aimed at you, otto)

Except neither Meghan nor Cory has ever confirmed that, and his mum has never heard about it either. Inconclusive.

Except nobody has ever suggested even a sniff of an actual engagement ring. Highly unlikely.

Both the headlines sound factual though, don't they? Make you want to read more?
Hmmm :confused:

Last edited:
Herein lies two perfect examples of the problem with tabloid headlines - people need to stop taking them at face value. It is clickbait, they earn money from it, don't fall for it!! (not aimed at you, otto)

Except neither Meghan nor Cory has ever confirmed that, and his mum has never heard about it either. Inconclusive.

Except nobody has ever suggested even a sniff of an actual engagement ring. Highly unlikely.

Both the headlines sound factual though, don't they? Make you want to read more?
Hmmm :confused:

True. But I didn't quote the tabloid regarding their relationship and the timing when Markle gave her phone number to Harry.

Prince Harry’s new girlfriend was still dating Canadian chef when they reportedly first met in Toronto

I quoted British tabloid interview quotes from the chef's mother regarding their living arrangements. I have no reason to doubt that it was serious, his mother says they lived together.

Even that article doesn’t make it clear, despite the very definite sounding headline:

Prince Harry’s new girlfriend, Meghan Markle, was still dating a Canadian chef when she reportedly met the Prince for the first time, it has been suggested.

Markle, 35, an American actress, had been in a relationship with Cory Vitiello for two years when they broke up in May, the month the Prince is understood to have asked for her phone number after meeting her at a function.

I don’t want to go on about it so I won’t :) but your post was a bit unfair on both Meghan, because she wasn’t engaged, and Harry, knowing how much his parents’ infidelities hurt him.

Markle was engaged to another man when she started dating Harry. Apparently that doesn't bother Harry at all, so although the public might take infidelity concerns seriously, we know by actions that Harry and Charles do not.

Headlines schmeadlines. Responsible for so much crap in this world!!

Even that article doesn’t make it clear, despite the very definite sounding headline:

Prince Harry’s new girlfriend, Meghan Markle, was still dating a Canadian chef when she reportedly met the Prince for the first time, it has been suggested.

I don’t want to go on about it so I won’t :) but your post was a bit unfair on both Meghan, because she wasn’t engaged, and Harry, knowing how much his parents’ infidelities hurt him.

Headlines schmeadlines. Responsible for so much crap in this world!!

Indeed, they are very careful to report the news and include the unspoken caveat that they will update in the event that the information is incorrect.

It's coming from one of those trusted and true national news sources in Canada. Throw around "fake news" sure, but that's not an international problem.

Indeed, they are very careful to report the news and include the unspoken caveat that they will update in the event that the information is incorrect.

It's coming from one of those trusted and true national news sources in Canada. Throw around "fake news" sure, but that's not an international problem.

Just take out the vague or caveated bits and all the unnamed sources/friends/insiders, and a lot of the time there’s no juicy story behind it all. Sometimes, sure, there’s no smoke without fire, but we know full well the media have it in for Meghan. I just think Websleuths is above regurgitating obviously biased and sensationalised “news”.

Night, Otto. Catch you tomorrow

princess-anne-attending-a-guildhall-banquet-the-princess-is-news-photo-1590771809.jpg

25 Photos of Princess Anne's Best Jewelry & Tiara Moments

Just take out the vague or caveated bits and all the unnamed sources/friends/insiders, and a lot of the time there’s no juicy story behind it all. Sometimes, sure, there’s no smoke without fire, but we know full well the media have it in for Meghan. I just think Websleuths is above regurgitating obviously biased and sensationalised “news”.

Night, Otto. Catch you tomorrow

Caveated remarks of valid Canadian news sources are challenging anyone to clarify that Markle was not living with the chef when she gave her number to Harry in May 2018. Canadian newspapers sources are not in question. Similar to all but one country, there is no history of fake news in Canada.

There's no juicy bits beyond the observation that infidelity doesn't seem to be an issue with Charles, Harry, or other royals that came before Charles.

Harry married a divorcee who was apparently living with her boyfriend when she handed out her phone number.

In my view, until you are engaged or married, there’s always the possibility of meeting someone else. And compared to the actual marriage infidelities in the BRF, this is nothing. If she and the chef had made no promises, then it’s fair.

I will admit I didn’t read the article. I admire the queen and IF I could afford to wear my clothes only once I wouldn’t do it,because it is wasteful!
A few times a year I need to purchase cocktail attire for events related to charities supported by my employer or professional events with industry colleagues. I then will rewear them to a family wedding or party and then a third time to an event with friends and then I will donate to an upscale charity shop.
My work suits I have owned for years and just mix and match and add blouses and scarves and accessories. I hope I dress as beautifully as the queen in my elder years instead of falling into wearing sweatshirts embroidered with cardinals and bunnies.

...”wearing sweatshirts embroidered with cardinals and bunnies”. :)

In my view, until you are engaged or married, there’s always the possibility of meeting someone else. And compared to the actual marriage infidelities in the BRF, this is nothing. If she and the chef had made no promises, then it’s fair.
It's "fair" to start a romance with another man while still living with someone you have been in a relationship with for two years? WOW!

It's "fair" to start a romance with another man while still living with someone you have been in a relationship with for two years? WOW!

Some women jump ship: one man out the back door, another in the front door. Others deliberately stop a relationship and are single. It seems that Markle was not single when she met Harry.

And back to the point at hand, whether infidelity is a problem with Charles and Harry? Seems that it is not. They've both poached a woman who is or was not single.

My vote is with Charles for having done better than Harry.

Who started a romance with another man? For a moment there I was confused about a man starting a romance with another man, but it was a woman, right?

According to Canadian news, Markle was in a relationship with the chef when she gave out her number at a party. Who really cares who she's zigzagging with, she was in a relationship and she was trying to hook up at parties.

That's the word in Canada. We are entertained by all the other stuff, but ...

Why do we, the public’s, have to know anything and everything any Royal will say, do, write, think etc.? Can they have not one thing in private at all?
If Hand M want to write a thank you or not it is up to them, not us. If the Prime Minister wants to share it with the citizens, fine but he does not have to.
Would you like your every second scrutinized by your friends, family and the public?
Even if they are Royal they have their privacy, they are people.
No wonder some of the Royal and Noble families hide from society and all people.

Bumping this warning by @sillybilly from page one of thread. The words in blue font are Tricia’s.

Remember:

If you don't like Megan Markle you can certainly express your opinion as long as you are not rude, nasty, and in general you do not act like a jerk..if you need more of an explanation as to what this means I can't tell you anything else. If you can't discuss without crossing these boundaries then please do not post.

Members who persist in making mean-spirited, nasty, snarky, unnecessary judgmental comments under the guise of IMO, JMO etc will be permanently banned from the thread.

If you can't discuss issues and post your opinion respectfully and without inciting conflict, you won't be allowed to post here.
BBM

The British Royal Family #5

The Queen's special message for Royal Ascot fans revealed as she misses races for first time ever

The Queen has sent a message of support to the organisers of Royal Ascot, as the annual racing event takes place behind closed doors due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. It marks the first time in her 68-year reign that the monarch has been absent from the race meeting. Instead the Queen, 94, will be watching the coverage on television from Windsor Castle.

Her Majesty's letter was posted in the racecard from Royal Ascot in its digital formal this year. The Queen wrote: "I send my best wishes to the thousands of racing professionals and enthusiasts who will join me in celebrating this year's Royal Ascot.

"In these challenging times, we are once again delighted to welcome the best horses and jockeys from across the world and pay tribute to those who have helped make this race meeting possible.

"This year Ascot will feel different for many, as it is so often a chance for friends, families and colleagues to gather together and enjoy a shared passion. I am sure however, that with the valiant efforts of the organisers, owners, trainers and stable staff, it will remain one of Britain's finest sporting occasions and a highlight of the racing calendar.

"To everyone attending Royal Ascot, in person or virtually, I hope you have a most enjoyable and unique week of racing."

Prince Charles and Camilla become first royals to carry out duties in person meeting key workers in Gloucestershire

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall are among the first members of the royal family to carry out a face-to-face engagement since lockdown began, meeting key workers in Gloucestershire.

Prince Charles and Camilla made a socially distanced visit to the Gloucestershire Royal Hospital on Tuesday morning, to thank staff who have been working on the frontline of the COVID-19 crisis in person. The meeting took place in the grounds of the hospital in Gloucester, which is about 20 miles from the future King's Highgrove home.

Among those they spoke to were clinicians, volunteers, clinical psychologists, members of the domestic team, senior biomedical scientists, junior doctors, members of the social work team and other frontline workers from the health and care system.

charles-camilla-gloucester-z.jpg

Social distance rules were adhered to during the visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members