The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn’t he himself said he deals with them?

on the previous thread I posted a link about MM’s mental health as well, remember? Prince Harry fast-tracked plans as he feared his wife would have a 'meltdown' | Daily Mail Online

Prince William 'Worried' About Harry After Interview About Mental Health

During the hour-long ITV documentary Harry and Meghan: An African Journey Prince Harry, 35, described his mental health and the way he deals with the pressures of his life as a matter of “constant management.” He also addressed the rumors of a riftbetween himself and his older brother, the “majority” of which “are created out of nothing,” he said.

Last edited:
Yes, an interesting article but this quote from MM, if she indeed said this, is wrong.
. If she truly believes this it’s just that she was not famous enough before PH. There is a tabloid press here in the US that stars complain about. Perhaps not as intrusive as the British tabloids, but intrusive enough. I think she will find that unless she truly lives a quiet life out of the limelight the American press will hound her too, until she has become a footnote in the day’s news. And I believe having chosen the life of an actress she wants the press, the following. They almost all do. The truly great are gracious, understanding that much of there earning power is BECAUSE the fan base is interested.
Edited to fix quote and for clarity

I agree that she hasn’t been famous enough to attract paparazzi in Canada or the U.S. Of course, actors like Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks who are huge names do manage to avoid the press pretty much unless they are promoting a movie. They have homes in Connecticut and Idaho in addition to LA. So as long as H and M are able to stay removed from limelight, they will be OK. They will have to choose their projects carefully though.

With the brothers stating that the story was false, it puts into question which ones are true....as in the tell all interview , nobody has denied that.

Doesn't mean absolutely everything else is true though! Harry himself said a few weeks ago the majority of rumours are "created out of nothing".

I agree that she hasn’t been famous enough to attract paparazzi in Canada or the U.S. Of course, actors like Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks who are huge names do manage to avoid the press pretty much unless they are promoting a movie. They have homes in Connecticut and Idaho in addition to LA. So as long as H and M are able to stay removed from limelight, they will be OK. They will have to choose their projects carefully though.

They'll need to choose their friends carefully, too. No hanging about with the Kardashians!!

Now, back to the old style of these threads, chatting about the fashions of the family... this is the first time in ages I've seen a pic of the Queen wearing a colour that doesn't suit her as much! We know she's good in brights, perhaps this brown sums up her current mood.

View attachment 225546
I quite like all the brights with the exception of the orange. Brights are her majesty’s best choice. Although I like the brown from church as well. I think it would have been chosen to convey a sense of seriousness.

He's been through a lot in the last year

New baby
Unsettled wife
Continuing MH issues (Meghan too)
Markle family problems
Poorly grandfather
Staffing issues
Visit to landmines
Rift with Will & Kate
Friend killed himself
House renovations
Bad PR team
Horrific press intrusion
Social media vitriol

I'm not saying he hasn't had some fun with it, and I'm not saying some of it was avoidable, but all in all he's had a pretty "annus horribilis" to quote his gran. Should have been the best year of his life.

That’s quite a list that would grind anyone down. I don’t blame them for taking a break or stepping back. They’re no good to anyone if they don’t take care of themselves.

It was their duty to listen to the queen. There is protocol to follow and they havnt listened in a long time. JMO

I guess they could have just let the Sun run with the story and let the chips fall where they may. Maybe that would have been best, actually. But in the moment it’s hard to decide which way to go. Even if they didn’t listen to the Queen and made a hasty ‘executive decision’ I doubt it will impact the plan being worked out today. I’m sure the Queen will forgive them, put it behind her and carry on with the important work ahead. I wonder if we’ll know today or in a few days.

It was their duty to listen to the queen. There is protocol to follow and they havnt listened in a long time. JMO

It is MOO MM does not find visiting soup kitchens, & shaking hands with the poor exhilarating. Sure, she smiles....for the cams. I think she’d much prefer photos showing her out with the Mulroney or Clooney fams.
It is also MOO she has been highly jealous of Kate, perhaps prior to meeting her.

I've only just seen the photo that Kate released for her birthday last week. Love how she's wearing jeans and a jumper, and a £300,000* ring!!

kate-middleton-birthday-picture-2252645.jpg

(valuations vary, I've gone with an average)

A bit of fun from The Sun. Grace Kelly's ring is a bit like mine, but bigger, obviously! And Mr Cags didn't pay £3m for it (if he did, I'm selling it :p)

Can you guess which Royal ring is worth £3.1MILLION… and which is worth £75k?

Prince Harry 'warned Meghan about royal life' before they quit | Metro News

Just months after the birth of their son Archie, the couple admitted their mental health was suffering as a result of intense media scrutiny from tabloid newspapers. Ms Levin said: ‘The other thing [Harry] told me was that he can’t bear being thought of as a celebrity. ‘He said there is a narrow line between being a celebrity and being a royal but he absolutely is a royal. A royal has a sense of duty, knows what is expected of them and is there to support the Queen. ‘The celebrity… chooses their own PR and arrives at wonderful first nights and look gorgeous and are criticised day and night. ‘I think the criticism is very very hard to do but I do think that she hasn’t understood the difference at all.’

Read more: Prince Harry 'warned Meghan about royal life' before they quit | Metro News

Twitter: Metro (@MetroUK) | Twitter | Facebook: Metro

BBC News - Harry and William deny 'offensive' bullying claims
Harry and William deny 'offensive' bullying claims

A statement on behalf of Harry and William said: "Despite clear denials, a false story ran in a UK newspaper today speculating about the relationship between the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of Cambridge.

"For brothers who care so deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, the use of inflammatory language in this way is offensive and potentially harmful."
Very glad to see this statement
JMO

I guess they could have just let the Sun run with the story and let the chips fall where they may. Maybe that would have been best, actually. But in the moment it’s hard to decide which way to go. Even if they didn’t listen to the Queen and made a hasty ‘executive decision’ I doubt it will impact the plan being worked out today. I’m sure the Queen will forgive them, put it behind her and carry on with the important work ahead. I wonder if we’ll know today or in a few days.
But will she allow them to profit off of the Royal name? That’s really the only issue I see IMO

It will be a mess for everyone tomorrow and honestly now that PH has been alone at Frogmore I think he has had more time to reflect and I think he regrets things. I think the marriage and baby come way too fast and they did not cement their marriage well enough. It is really sad... JMO
What evidence leads you to believe he regrets things? I think it’s odd when we say we think Harry or Meghan feel this or that when there’s basically no new news to suggest anything of the kind.

I think this family will work it out. The Queen has evolved on issues and has seen what some of the unbending rules of the monarchy have done to individual members in the past, from Edward to her sister to Charles. They are currently slimming down the monarchy, and I believe they can accommodate some of the changes Harry needs while doing that.

PH and MM should have waited before they had kids and iron out their plans. The real victim in this drama is Archie. Mom jetting all over the place, Dad stuck in the UK. Hiding Archie in was wrong after their break. JMO

Perhaps they shouldn't have gotten themselves in the situation in the first place. Once they heard the news would be leaked, all they had to do was go to the Queen and let her and her office handle it. It's not as if the BRF hasn't dealt with these situations (and worse) before. To spring it on the Queen, PC and the rest of the family by worldwide news flash was a major blunder. I can't fathom how anyone thought that a good choice. More than anything, it made PH and his wife appear out of control and self-serving.

PH and MM should have waited before they had kids and iron out their plans. The real victim in this drama is Archie. Mom jetting all over the place, Dad stuck in the UK. Hiding Archie in was wrong after their break. JMO

I hope they don't plan to use Archie for publicity to help raise money for their foundation (it's been done before by other celebrities who auctioned off photos of newborns to raise money for charities). That would be so undignified. MOO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts