The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, page 9 already. I think it would be prudent to see what comes out in the next couple of days rather than rehashing the rumours and salacious tabloid reports ad nauseum.

And FWIW I think the "friend" who has allegedly blabbed about William not being able to hug his brother is probably now an "ex-friend"

Last edited:
It's early in the morning here in the U.S. and I'm just popping in to check if there's been any news yet - guess not! We still have a severe lack of information and I'm not going to pretend I was a fly on the wall in the palace. We know nothing. That's why I'm so anxious to see if any information will be released today! One can hope. Then we can dissect and complain all we want based on FACTS. :D:D:D

I'm also suspicious of all these "friends" speaking to the media. It doesn't matter if they are defending or attacking H&M. I'm sure neither side appreciates "friends" feeding fuel into the media at a time like this. :(

Gaslighting. Saying that he cannot hug his brother. That makes Harry look like the bad guy. Why?

He can make positive comments but he has to say that. Bizarre.

I thought the main thing was the part William allegedly said about he and the family wanting to support Harry and Meghan. The other part seemed rather subjective and could be taken in different ways, but the support part seemed to fly in the face of the reports of "incandescent rage".

Last edited:
Now, back to the old style of these threads, chatting about the fashions of the family... this is the first time in ages I've seen a pic of the Queen wearing a colour that doesn't suit her as much! We know she's good in brights, perhaps this brown sums up her current mood.

View attachment 225546

I think the pink coat with the white trim is ghastly!

The purple hat on the red coat looks like it's been photoshopped on!

It's interesting how the colour of the outfit affects Her Majesty's facial colouring. I like the dark purple best.

I love that photo! I do think that being a dad has changed Harry, and probably changed a lot of his priorities. I suppose that happens to a lot of parents :)

He's been through a lot in the last year

New baby
Unsettled wife
Continuing MH issues (Meghan too)
Markle family problems
Poorly grandfather
Staffing issues
Visit to landmines
Rift with Will & Kate
Friend killed himself
House renovations
Bad PR team
Horrific press intrusion
Social media vitriol

I'm not saying he hasn't had some fun with it, and I'm not saying some of it was avoidable, but all in all he's had a pretty "annus horribilis" to quote his gran. Should have been the best year of his life.

Gaslighting. Saying that he cannot hug his brother. That makes Harry look like the bad guy. Why?

He can make positive comments but he has to say that. Bizarre.
I think that makes William look worse than Harry, but not really either one “worse” just hurting. IMO, JMO

The entire situation has the feel of a greek tragedy to me. I hope I'm wrong and that only good things come of the changes to come.

I believe good will come out of this. According to many MSM sources other members of the RF will be taken into consideration, such as Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis. It must be hell to go through life as a "spare". Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have seen heartbreak come out of this situation in the past - still subject to the rules without the top spot. It really muse chafe IMO from across the pond.

I think that makes William look worse than Harry, but not really either one “worse” just hurting. IMO, JMO

You know that he said that in a private conversation to his friend, who then went and blabbed it to the press? William has said nothing publicly about any of it, ever. And that's IF he said it at all.

Edit: LOL and then he issues a statement, good timing!

Last edited:
BBC News - Harry and William deny 'offensive' bullying claims
Harry and William deny 'offensive' bullying claims

A statement on behalf of Harry and William said: "Despite clear denials, a false story ran in a UK newspaper today speculating about the relationship between the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of Cambridge.

"For brothers who care so deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, the use of inflammatory language in this way is offensive and potentially harmful."

I think the pink coat with the white trim is ghastly!

The purple hat on the red coat looks like it's been photoshopped on!

It's interesting how the colour of the outfit affects Her Majesty's facial colouring. I like the dark purple best.

The pink and white I find cute, it kind of reminds me of Elle Woods. :p I think that purple hat with the red coat is the worst outfit. The two colors don't go together and the style of that hat (with the color) reminds me of Willy Wonka. :confused: I don't mind the brown so much actually - it's kind of "modern" since beige is very trendy right now.

I'm glad they have spoken out.
Just to clarify, this is a joint statement from William and Harry, today:

BBC News - Harry and William deny 'offensive' bullying claims
Harry and William deny 'offensive' bullying claims

A statement on behalf of Harry and William said: "Despite clear denials, a false story ran in a UK newspaper today speculating about the relationship between the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of Cambridge.

"For brothers who care so deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, the use of inflammatory language in this way is offensive and potentially harmful."

Yes, an interesting article but this quote from MM, if she indeed said this, is wrong.
[destroy your life,’” she said. “I, very naïvely — I’m an American, we don’t have that (British Tabloid Press, inserted by me for clarity) there
. If she truly believes this it’s just that she was not famous enough before PH. There is a tabloid press here in the US that stars complain about. Perhaps not as intrusive as the British tabloids, but intrusive enough. I think she will find that unless she truly lives a quiet life out of the limelight the American press will hound her too, until she has become a footnote in the day’s news. And I believe having chosen the life of an actress she wants the press, the following. They almost all do. The truly great are gracious, understanding that much of there earning power is BECAUSE the fan base is interested.
Edited to fix quote and for clarity

Yes, the media has stirred the pot and fed us a huge serving of rotten speculation and lies. Of course, choosing not to eat at their table is always an option. ;) I think many will be surprised at how well this works out for all concerned.

I agree. IMO Queen Elizabeth will act with understanding and wisdom and compassion. Harry, Megan and Archie are family, not just part of a business. She isn’t going to “fire” them. Even in corporations, employers make accommodations and work around the limitations of valued employees. Harry and Meghan are certainly valued by the BRF and much of the British public. I don’t see that diminishing. I believe she will find a way to meet as many of the needs and desires of Harry and Meghan as possible. And I expect H and M will work with and accommodate the Queen on whatever they do because they care about her too, despite what the tabloids would like us to think. I believe Harry and Meghan will keep their titles and fulfill their role supporting the Queen as they laid out on their website.

As far as receiving money from Charles and whether security is covered by the tax payers or staying at Frogmore is concerned, this type of controversy occurs already even with “lesser royals.” So it seems unnecessary for the Queen to be punitive about all this with H and M. No matter what is decided, people will complain because that’s what people do. :) But I believe the doubters will be pleasantly surprised about how it all works out for the best for all concerned.

If it turns out badly in the long run as some predict, I will come back and eat crow. :D
I have to say I agree with you that in the end it will all be much ado about nothing. I just don’t think that’s going to be the best thing for anyone. I think it will leave many people with less goodwill for the monarchy, feeling it’s the public who has been disrespected, disregarded I think the BRF will have opened itself up to being blackmailed into making decisions based on tell all’s and interviews by their own family members. And poor PH will not be in a safe situation with MM by his side.
IMO

DELETED because I messed up the quote

Last edited:
I have to say I agree with you that in the end it will all be much ado about nothing. I just don’t think that’s going to be the best thing for anyone. I think it will leave many people with less goodwill for the monarchy, feeling it’s the public who has been disrespected, disregarded I think the BRF will have opened itself up to being blackmailed into making decisions based on tell all’s and interviews by their own family members. And poor PH will not be in a safe situation with MM by his side.
IMO

Agree. The bond between the brothers is strong and not easily broken. They'll always find a way to understand each other and work things out. But I have a feeling problems will continue to flare up now and again. Hopefully, MM will grow out of her penchant for sharing so much of their personal life in the news media and will be discouraged from issuing ultimatums that split Harry from his family.

JMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member