The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think its going to be born tomorrow, today in Britain. If not, Tuesday. Depends on how long the doctors will let the baby stay put/if nature kicks in and kicks it out. lol

View attachment 182796 View attachment 182797 View attachment 182798 View attachment 182799 View attachment 182800 View attachment 182801

Heir B&B! Prince Charles’s luxury £160-a-night bed and breakfast venture at the Queen Mother's favourite castle where you can enjoy peat fires, yards of chintz and her treasured doggy knick-knacks

“The notoriously plain-speaking Princess Margaret was even blunter. 'I can't think why you have such a horrible place as the Castle of Mey,' she once told her mother.

To which Her Majesty replied: 'Well, darling you needn't come again.'”

Prince Charles has new luxury £160-a-night B&B venture at the Queen Mother's favourite castle | Daily Mail Online

£160 a night is a bit of a bargain for a night in a royal castle I think.

Wow! It is lovely and inexpensive

Were you calmly and patiently waiting at home?

Excepting visitors ????

I was working, teaching school until the very last day. Every single time...Fortunately, I taught Special Education, so I had a full time paraprofessional in my classroom, so I could take bathroom breaks.

That is how the "other half" lives.

Yellow for me, please!

I LOVE the color yellow.

The new baby should be born by Mother's Day and definitely by the 1st Anniversary. May will be an exciting month for M and H. May is one of my favorite months. The weather is nice, the days are longer, the trees have leaves and flowers are everywhere. I love the Month of May. I got married in the month of May because it is my favorite month but it did not work out - the marriage. I still love the month of May.

How Meghan is 'incredibly relaxed' about her impending birth | Daily Mail Online

Her friend Gayle King is at the cottage relaxing with M. Geez, getting too Hollywood with me. Now M is besties with Oprah and Gayle.

I know the last few weeks of pregnancy are rough - been there and done that - but M has a full staff to cook, clean, run errands, etc. Most of us were still doing the chores and working. She should be relaxed.

Is giving birth at a hospital that bad?? I think a hospital is the right decision but that is me. Also, I had induced child births. I was thrilled to be at the hospital. The staff was wonderful, the room was nice. No complaints pertaining to the hospital. You are there for such a short period in most births, what difference does it make?

Sorry to be on a rant.

Last edited:
How Meghan is 'incredibly relaxed' about her impending birth | Daily Mail Online

Her friend Gayle King is at the cottage relaxing with M. Geez, getting too Hollywood with me. Now M is besties with Oprah and Gayle.

I know the last few weeks of pregnancy are rough - been there and done that - but M has a full staff to cook, clean, run errands, etc. Most of us were still doing the chores and working. She should be relaxed.

I recall reading it was Oprah who reached out to Meghan when she started dating Harry who had met Oprah several times over the years. And, in defense of Meghan, what’s an American woman to do when an icon like Oprah rings you up?

All these connections feel super duper superficial, because it’s Prince Harry, and his unconventional marriage to an American woman. But in a way, with all the spin cycle press going on out there, and Meghan’s family riding rough shot on their broomsticks, having Oprah and Gayle in ones corner is a good thing in the American press. —imo.

I recall reading it was Oprah who reached out to Meghan when she started dating Harry who had met Oprah several times over the years. And, in defense of Meghan, what’s an American woman to do when an icon like Oprah rings you up?

All these connections feel super duper superficial, because it’s Prince Harry, and his unconventional marriage to an American woman. But in a way, with all the spin cycle press going on out there, and Meghan’s family riding rough shot on their broomsticks, having Oprah and Gayle in ones corner is a good thing in the American press. —imo.

I agree but if not for PH, neither of these women would have given M the time of day. I just hate how the media makes everyone out to be best friends with M. Sure they are acquaintances but geez, the media to me makes it out like they converse on a regular basis - but maybe they do.
Oprah and Gayle, are just promoting their ratings. Hey it does not hurt to have the powerhouses behind you. These connections to me are truly superficial to boost ratings on all sides but that is business.

I don't pay attention to the low lifes of Meghan's family. They are despicable.

Now that I am on a roll, I don't find Doria to be as Utterly Great mother as others but She made mistakes and did her time and I am super duper impressed has she has maintained a quiet existence. I don't know if she is getting money to be quiet or what, but she has done a tremendous job protecting Meghan. Maybe not the best mother - everyone makes mistakes - she did her time and is keeping her mouth shut. I have to respect that. She may not be utterly great mother in earlier years , , but I respect her.

Sorry, I have been on rants all night.

Last edited:
I agree but if not for PH, neither of these women would have given M the time of day. I just hate how the media makes everyone out to be best friends with M. Sure they are acquaintances but geez, the media to me makes it out like they converse on a regular basis - but maybe they do.
Oprah and Gayle, are just promoting their ratings. Hey it does not hurt to have the powerhouses behind you. These connections to me are truly superficial to boost ratings on all sides but that is business.

I don't pay attention to the low lifes of Meghan's family. They are despicable.

Now that I am on a roll, I don't find Doria to be as Utterly Great mother as others but She made mistakes and did her time and I am super duper impressed has she has maintained a quiet existence. I don't know if she is getting money to be quiet or what, but she has done a tremendous job protecting Meghan. Maybe not the best mother - everyone makes mistakes - she did her time and is keeping her mouth shut. I have to respect that. She may not be utterly great mother in earlier years , , but I respect her.

Sorry, I have been on rants all night.
Why exactly was she not a good mother?

Wow! It is lovely and inexpensive

It's on my when I retire with lots of money list.......

Honestly, how did they find a sunny day without massive, wind, rain and fog to photograph it? Note the plethora of radiators under the windows.

It just looks so wonderful and the photos of that lovely walled garden are like heaven. No wonder the Queen Mother loved staying there (in summer)

The grounds looking over the the water, just beautiful.

What’s a peat fire? Some place to cozy up with a book from the library?

The dishwasher salmon sounds dangerous! But I love me some Scottish salmon...
❤️

When you have the north sea as your front yard, you need the fireplace full of burning peat to stay warm.

Dishwasher salmon is a recipe for cooking salmon that is actually quite wonderful. You wrap it in a couple of layers of aluminum foil and run the dishwasher on hot (no soap, of course). It does a wonderful job of steam cooking the salmon and it comes out perfectly cooked.

The Castle of Mey: Scottish Castle & Gardens | Castle Wedding Venue

It does look just gorgeous. The b&b part is a renovated adjacent farm building to the castle. So, they installed heat!

The tartan stairs in the main castle are so cool.

There’s a beloved donkey named Alice... and other happy farm animals!

What a peaceful get away place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member